Site rule

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The problem is how do they know the rounds were accurate? You see it all the time at near maximum range of the guns the rounds going all over the place and you have to wonder what chance they would have of hitting anything another 10metres away if they reached that far anyway. Doesn't strike me as very sensible, even in the real world you can often see the enemy before you can shoot him.

• Supporters

HA HA PMSL LOL & ALL THAT

where is this place coz if I am running out of cash & bb's I can go there and just fvcking dry fire at everyone

FFS - rebounds/ricochet and now this bollox, I didn't get my UKARA to play with NERF or fvcking waterpistols

and Laser Quest though fun is best when ya half pi$$ed

(Airsoft n alcohol don't mix but funny when doing Laser Quest and ya m8 runs full on SPLAT !!! into wall)

Jeez - lets leave our guns at safe zone and go round doing

peeyaoooowwwwww peeyaoooowwwwww bangg bangg peeyaoooowwwwww peeyaoooowwwwww bangg bangg

On second thoughts lets just play tag - your it instead but only if we have that spongey tarmac stuff used in playgrounds

OK - getting silly now, soz but c'mon - who runs this site, JBBG so their guns don't seem so $HIT at range - ok I stop now

It's a shame really, its a good site and pretty innovative with their ideas and the guys that are running it have their heart in the right place .... they just fail to pull it off well enough.

Their resident evil game is really well though out and fun, but let down by the shoddy organisation, communication and 12 year old marshals with a superiority complex who want to marshal and play as the team leader.

When I have played, shooting was allowed on the stairwell, and blind throwing a BFG was the preferred tactic.

Their underarm knife throw kill is a bit controversial too. But at least they are thinking outside the box and not just following the same monotonous rules that the majority of sites seem to copy and paste.

When did you play there? I think the owners name was Ben. I found him really arrogant. He was asking me how long I'd been playing (about 5 months at the time) and got really snobbish when I told him like I should be using rentals.

It was the worst site I'd been for marshalling. I went home half way through the last game because it completely fell apart. It was everyone vs 3 people- no colour arm bands were used you just had to remember who the 3 were. One of the 3 was a Marshall and kept changing his clothes and masks and knife killing everyone.

Oh yea, the knife throwing, I can't believe that's still going on. I don't mind being shot by a BB but wouldn't appreciate having to go to a&e for stitches in my head from a knife throw.

The resident evil night looks good so best of luck to them.

I must say that is a cracking idea. I shall employ that rule myself.

Hahahahahahahaha don't think so!

If you are behind a crap piece of cover that stops a bb but wouldn't stop a real bullet in the real world then you really ought to call it. They mean things like leaves or a bramble branch or something. It's your call to make and it tends to make people either be honest or find better fire positions.

Sorry, but that is as just as retarded. A hit is a hit not a maybe, might be, could be if the leaf was a bit thinner or the branch was in a different place.

If you said stood in the open in a military training they'd tell you that you where dead/injured. In the case of this site I think it's to add "realism" ea, people are shooting at you but the bbs does not fly as far as bullets would. Then again.. where to draw the line? what about bushes or plywood?

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can see their perspective.

Thou I would like to add this.. IT'S THEIR SITE. Thou you might give them polite feedback, it's for them to do as they see fit. Just as they should not try to impose their rule on other sites.

• Supporters

I think a lot of the Airsoft rules(in terms of so called realism) outside of ammo limits and enforcing specific weapons being used for their typical real role are silly.

It could become a massive list but off the top of my head are bits of plywood providing cover against both bullets and frag grenades in close proximity. Nope that's fine but let's enforce rules about drop on BBs because real bullets wouldn't drop off after ~50 metres...

Just look at computer games where games like Arma know where to draw the line between what feels authentic and what becomes annoying and arbitrary.

Like Two_Zero said it is up to the site what rules they run with. Just like it is up to us to not play at sites that enforce rules we don't agree with :)

Thou some sites I've played at plywood does not protect against grenades.. which is a bit funny seeing how they protect against a .50 browning.

Just like it is up to us to not play at sites that enforce rules we don't agree with :)

This.

• Supporters

I don't think anyone's disputing the fact that hitting anything at that range would be impossible to do on purpose, even with an entire garrison firing all their small arms in the air, but people have been killed by stray rifle rounds from 21 gun salutes and stuff from obscene distances away.

I'm trying to find an article on it, there was a famous case when a guy just dropped down dead as he was waving goodbye to his wife or something. Turns out a stray shot falling from the air just happened to hit him square in the back of the head. I think they worked out it was fired from 5 miles away or something.

The danger is there, it's just infinitesimally small.

Even a .22LR round is lethal to over 1000 yards, yet it's only accurate to a couple of hundred.

I don't think anyone's disputing the fact that hitting anything at that range would be impossible to do on purpose, even with an entire garrison firing all their small arms in the air, but people have been killed by stray rifle rounds from 21 gun salutes and stuff from obscene distances away.

I'm trying to find an article on it, there was a famous case when a guy just dropped down dead as he was waving goodbye to his wife or something. Turns out a stray shot falling from the air just happened to hit him square in the back of the head. I think they worked out it was fired from 5 miles away or something.

The danger is there, it's just infinitesimally small.

Even a .22LR round is lethal to over 1000 yards, yet it's only accurate to a couple of hundred.

It's true. CSI (the proper one, Vegas) did it in Season 4, Episode 10. A falling bullet killed some poor Suzy Homemaker in her front garden. Tragic.

• Supporters

A bullet being fired from a gun and a projectile falling at terminal velocity are two very different things.

If the object falling at terminal velocity happens to be a bullet that came from a gun, I fail to see how they're any different at all. They can both kill you if they hit you.

There are a number of searchable instances of people being killed by overshots from shooting ranges.

Maybe we need to start a separate thread for this. I didn't intend to hijack this one, it was a 'throwaway' post I made :)

• Supporters

Ahem - back onto topic - it is a stupid feckin rule

yes site can come up with their own bollox

even well you deserve a kill for all the effort you put in - you was trying

so here is a kill for you being such a good little soldier - jjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

uhm not being funny - well yeah I am always taking da pi$$ but......

Oi m8 - adjust hop up or if ya that $hit

Point ya gun fecking upwards a bit and it might actually fall nearer the target

but here is a kill and a shiney star of the day for trying the hardest - ffs

• Supporters

I wouldn't stand around at 1000 yards that bravely.

He'd hit you granted, whether or not he'd do a lot of damage is another matter. Don't know about you but most of me is a little tougher than a balloon. Plus bearing in mind he's using a high tolerance weapon with high performance ammunition designed for shooting at extreme ranges and he is an exceptionally good shooter and he still missed with the first shot. There's a huge difference between maximum range and maximum effective range...

Anyway as for the topic, it's a silly rule. Silly, silly, silly.

He also didn't hit the balloon, he hit the metal plate it was on and the fragmenting bullet popped the balloon. The balloon was just to make it easier for the spotter to confirm a hit - his words.

The amount of elevation needed to hit a target at 1mile with a 5.56 caliber gun would be ridiculous, then you have to take into account windage; 5.56 is a very small bullet and would be effected by wind quite a lot as it slows down. even if by a miracle you did hit me, the bullet would have lost a lot of velocity and wouldn't be fatal anyway.

Anyway its all theoretical, I have never fired at someone a mile away with a 5.56 gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.