Whats the worst experience with 'Cod Softers'

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

At my local site we don't tend to get many young players, and even fewer using Jambwow guns. The people who use their orange guns tend to be the ones who act like airsoft is COD.

I don't want to be an elitist :( I don't really play CQB but I'm starting "The Mall" in the summer once I get a new spring for CQB.

Ill see ya there!

I think the sport is based on fun, sometimes people take it too far but I just remind myself that we are all grown ups (Well most) who go out & play soldiers. If you cant see the comedy in that then I think deep down your dead inside.

I'm still new to the sport & my son is just old enough to go, he watches more experienced players & takes orders from others pretty well, we both do what we can & sometimes take shots for the team......we are there for fun at the end of the day & if we ever forget that then I think it would be time to quit playing.

In regards to Cod-softers, I don't have an issue with them. They are going out for the day, making friends & being sociable is always better than sitting in their rooms playing Xbox all day & thinking they are great. like others have said, people have to start somewhere, why not COD/Battlefield ?

In regards to Cod-softers, I don't have an issue with them. They are going out for the day, making friends & being sociable is always better than sitting in their rooms playing Xbox all day & thinking they are great. like others have said, people have to start somewhere, why not COD/Battlefield ?

I have no issues with people who get into airsoft because they enjoy games like COD, but I do have a problem with the annoying kids who doesn't take their hits because "I have Juggernaut perk on"

I have no issues with people who get into airsoft because they enjoy games like COD, but I do have a problem with the annoying kids who doesn't take their hits because "I have Juggernaut perk on"

Yeh but they are just numpties......we just let them out on day release.

Recently walked off First and Only game at Anzio because kids arent taking hits and screaming for marshalls every 5 minutes. Then the marshalls are calling you dick head....until you ask them why. Won't be playing on any F&O sites again. Too many kids dancing round corners with two pistols looking more like a ballerina!

Recently walked off First and Only game at Anzio because kids arent taking hits and screaming for marshalls every 5 minutes. Then the marshalls are calling you dick head....until you ask them why. Won't be playing on any F&O sites again. Too many kids dancing round corners with two pistols looking more like a ballerina!

I found that Anzio was quite bad for that. The Depot in Glasgow (run by F&O) is quite a bit more strict on rules though.

I found that Anzio was quite bad for that. The Depot in Glasgow (run by F&O) is quite a bit more strict on rules though.

I've found the same at The Embassy (sadly closing soon) where if you mention someone not calling hits all the marshals try to look out for that person.

Guess it depends on the site and who is running it.

I met one on Saturday, he was about 14 and he showed two really bad traits. Initially he was fine but as the games went on you could see how frustrated he was getting after failing to hit people.Its bad enough a guy on his first outing is screaming "call your hits" when he likely isn't very good at aiming, its worse as you watch him blind fire with BB's pinging off his shoulder and still he keeps on fighting. I can see why some sites ban young players, some of them lack the mental maturity to be humbled by their fellow players and they end up cheating and ultimately getting banned pretty quickly. Thankfully a vigilant marshal team dealt with him and he was my first know it all/hit nothing/cheating codsofter. His belief in his personal skills was so vast he couldn't see that he was a complete beginner with no skills at all.

He proved he was willing to learn when I took him aside and explained why his rifle was the problem and not his aiming - as politely as possible as I can't stand people who shout "call your hits" as much as I can't stand people who don't call hits. Gave him my back up rifle to borrow and he actually became quite a useful player - was crazily brave once he realised his shots were actually now hitting people. End of the day him and his mum thanked me as it saved him from spoiling his day by leaving early due to not having fun.

Like others have said it's down to us regular players to tolerate this (to a degree) and help them integrate themselves into the hobby. The younger players will help expand our hobby and make it a lot better for us all in the long run. Obvious cheating though like "last stand"/"body armour" should be actively discouraged for everyone's sake.

I salute you for your patience.

I guess one thing I can take from this is that some beginners (and regulars) think that the fun from airsoft only comes when you hit someone. And when they fail to hit anyone, they aren't having the fun they wanted, and so they would do anything to hit someone.

For me, the fun comes from learning new things and being able to practice it, so I don't mind much when I get hit.

For me, the fun comes from learning new things and being able to practice it, so I don't mind much when I get hit.

I'm the same. I enjoy challenging myself and my abilities, airsofting gives me the ability to do that to a degree. Sure it's fun to run in all guns blazing, but I get a lot more fun from being sneaky and getting "where the hell did he come from?!" reactions from people. For other players the reverse is true.

With new players it's just like Metile said: they come in with preconceived ideas to their weapons and their own skill level. When either is found wanting some of them struggle to process that.

Note I'm not talking about all new players, just a small minority of them. Hell, call of duty was my first experience of an fps game (the original pc version) so I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I like to "reenact" the games a bit with airsofting. :D

Edit: I hate predictive text on iPhones...

Edit: I hate predictive text on iPhones...

lol

I remember my first game very well, I was crap, and I blame my made in China XM8 because it had a fake scope so no reference to aim with, and also I was AMAZING at Medal of Honour (the first one) so I must have had AMAZING tactical shooting skillz. :P

But the most memorable thing was my newbie friend shot some pro-wannabe's 'real steel' Surefire torch and broke the front perspex during contact. He threatened us to pay him back or he'll sue or something like that.

Also, I was pinned down behind a piece of cover and found some some metal boxes/containers laying nearby. So I proceeded to kick them out a bit to distract the enemy so I could make a run for it (I swear it seemed like a good idea at the time). The meal boxes/containers turned out to be some guy's MP5 mags... He was not happy. :unsure:

lol

I remember my first game very well, I was crap, and I blame my made in China XM8 because it had a fake scope so no reference to aim with, and also I was AMAZING at Medal of Honour (the first one) so I must have had AMAZING tactical shooting skillz. :P

But the most memorable thing was my newbie friend shot some pro-wannabe's 'real steel' Surefire torch and broke the front perspex during contact. He threatened us to pay him back or he'll sue or something like that.

Also, I was pinned down behind a piece of cover and found some some metal boxes/containers laying nearby. So I proceeded to kick them out a bit to distract the enemy so I could make a run for it (I swear it seemed like a good idea at the time). The meal boxes/containers turned out to be some guy's MP5 mags... He was not happy. :unsure:

Ah the mp5 guy I can understand him being mad. But the torch? If it's in game you can't not expect it to be shot.

Off topic: I remember the original medal of honour, cracking game. I'm not surprised you thought you had amazing airsoft skills after playing it haha

Off topic: I remember the original medal of honour, cracking game. I'm not surprised you thought you had amazing airsoft skills after playing it haha

I still have the first CoD and MoH. I prefer CoD because the story was more 'deep' and had better 'character development'.

I remember being scared of the first mission from MoH because towards the end of the first mission there was a set double door and when you got close it would suddenly open with german guns blazing.

Same with Toy Story 2 with the Tin Robot boss. It chases you around making weird noises and I was terrified...

My first game was in December 2012. I had a JBBG gun, which held up quite well as I was in CQB situations, and was absolute pish- I think that I only hit out 2 people that day...

My first game was with a cheap two tone trishot, a pocket full of shells and some well worn camo. Got my ass handed to me many times over but really enjoyed it (obviously).

Came back for more and listened to everyone/read everything I could find on my new hobby.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.