Whats the worst experience with 'Cod Softers'

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Mike

cheers for this, they look a bit like the one's that I have, so may try these first.

cheers guys for all your help & advice. I really appreciate this

Oh well, it was a nice idea while it lasted :lol:

What do you reckon to the sound attenuation of the Comtacs, Mack?

As a sound engineer I can swear to the sound absorbing properties of Rockwool loft insulation, so a bodge is possible, but you'd want to make sure that it was well sealed because the 2nd to last place you'd want that stuff is in your ears! But if the sound reproduction isn't worth the effort, f*ck it...

Well as said they do dull your hearing, but not to the level a set of workshop ear defenders would. For airsoft use there fine for what they are but I certainly wouldnt use them on a RS range. You could easily bodge some sort of insulation to make them more sound proof.

• Supporters

I can't use those 3 chamber ear plugs - my lug'oles are too small! I can only get the 1st dome inside and the 2nd not quite sealing lol. The ones I use cost me £160 to have custom made. I'm still deaf tho :lol:

For real Elitism and snobbery, join an Archery Club. There are people in there that won't talk to each other because they use a slightly different bow string!

Aww mate I know try Mountain biking.

When I first got into it you could go out on a halfords special wearing overalls & two oven gloves & no one would bat an eye lid, Nowadays the X5 bunch have appeared. now it's gone like skiiing, blokes with mirrored glasses clad in Kevlar posing at trail centres.......a bunch of tossers. I love going on my 6 year old hard tail & kick their arse because they have all the gear & no idea.

It really gets on my nerves.

• Supporters

Aww mate I know try Mountain biking.

When I first got into it you could go out on a halfords special wearing overalls & two oven gloves & no one would bat an eye lid, Nowadays the X5 bunch have appeared. now it's gone like skiiing, blokes with mirrored glasses clad in Kevlar posing at trail centres.......a bunch of tossers. I love going on my 6 year old hard tail & kick their arse because they have all the gear & no idea.

It really gets on my nerves.

If it helps I was a massive gear snob on my mountain bike back when whippy seat posts and shaving half a gramme off the weight of your cranks was de rigeur. Mind you, I've never owned an X5...

If it helps I was a massive gear snob on my mountain bike back when whippy seat posts and shaving half a gramme off the weight of your cranks was de rigeur. Mind you, I've never owned an X5...

Lol

That's now referred to as "Weight pervert" lol

I just ride

• Supporters

Lol

That's now referred to as "Weight pervert" lol

I just ride

:D

Of course these days it's me not the bike that has "downhill specific geometry"!

:D

Of course these days it's me not the bike that has "downhill specific geometry"!

Well I seem to be going through a period of falling off lots, I think gravity has become my arch nemesis lol

• 6 months later...

Thought id start this fire once again.

I play at xsite alot, amazing site and great staff. However my heart broke when I found this.

Not taking hits, silly hand gestures, constant showing off in front of the camera, blind firing. Urgh

This is also one of the reasons I will never buy an AEP

I play at xsite alot, amazing site and great staff. However my heart broke when I found this.

Not taking hits, silly hand gestures, constant showing off in front of the camera, blind firing. Urgh

11:47, Totally doesn't look like a twat doing that...

Also, 11:35 isn't that against the rules?

Also, why is he only using a pistol? It's a cyma or double eagle. Worst brands (apart from cyma, they make good ak's)

The eagle looks like a painted one of these Jambwow guns:

Also, that isn't blow back. That's just the slide moving back a centimeter

It makes the single worst sound ever as well... A kind of "pew-pew-pew" sound

What a fucking throbber!

I don't mind codsofters in the sense that they're having fun. I mind them when they are breaking the rules and just being a pain in the bottom .

Everybody was a beginner once. We went into our first skirmishes utilising what we knew, right or wrong. Those that became good would have learnt from mistakes and from others, gained experience, and stopped doing stupid things. Others would just keep on doing the wrong things, and be completely oblivious.

With young kids, although they are inexperience, it's always nice to see that they are having a good time.

Once at a CQB site, a young boy who stuck with me kept on getting hit because he made bad moves, etc (or maybe I was a bad influence). Then towards the end of the day, he hit a regular airsofter with some sweet flanking moves. He was over the moon, and kept on shouting "I killed him! I killed him!". Bad etiquette of course, but it was so nice to see him learn something and be genuinely happy.

If we are not careful, we will be become an elitist community!

If we are not careful, we will be become an elitist community!

As if some of us aren't already... Especially American players- something I noticed a lot over in New York.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.