Whats the worst experience with 'Cod Softers'

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

we have one kid at my local site who didnt take his hits that often (he has been warned etc).... a marshall then found out he took his hits if you hit him on his legs .... no idea why, maybe he think he has body armour on :wacko::wacko: , but everyone now aims for his legs.

By legs, I'm assuming you mean head? :D

Just saying that you need to make sure with these CoDsofters as a head shot in CoD is one shot one kill.

Also, this kid probably had the Bullet proof vest perk on during skirmishes. Obviously. :lol:

I'm yet to have a bad experience from a CoDsofter as I find most of them are new to the sport and just need a bit of educating and advice. As someone has already said, it's bringing new people to the sport and it's getting people up off their bums as well!

The problem is I suspect that many of the players you are talking about are young people whose first introduction is via gaming.

If you are reared playing games like COD, your reality is warped.

When I was a child, many, many years ago, we would play war, based on largely WW2 movies that we saw on TV. 30-40 year old films denoting Audie Murphy charging Japanese MG nests in the Pacific.

(At least he had really been to war).

We would run around a field or park with invisible guns making machine gun noises and if your mate didn't lay down when you shot him, you made damn sure he went down.

Now technology allows children to play with a variety of deadly weapons in gaming and remotely kill hundreds at a time. No hand to hand combat, no staring your opponent in the eye.

Is it any wonder, they take this attitude on to the Airsoft field.

Generally, Ive found young players to be pretty good but they really have no idea about fieldcraft, tactics, stealth and real life.

Why should they - they are 12 or whatever ?

They stand, talking loudly, usually next to where Im hiding and they generally enjoy themselves. The problem is when their behaviour starts to encroach on you enjoying yourself.

The answer ?

Either try to educate them by setting examples and explaining what they are doing is wrong or play somewhere else where there are less children.

Unfortunately, the site owners need their parents cash.

Are there any adult only sites ?

The problem is I suspect that many of the players you are talking about are young people whose first introduction is via gaming.

If you are reared playing games like COD, your reality is warped.

When I was a child, many, many years ago, we would play war based on largely WW2 movies that we saw on TV.

We would run around a field or park with invisible guns making machine gun noises and if your mate didn't lay down when you shot him, you made damn sure he went down.

Now technology allows children to play with a variety of deadly weapons in gaming and kill hundreds at a time.

Is it any wonder, they take this attitude on to the Airsoft field.

Generally, Ive found young players to be pretty good but they really have no idea about fieldcraft, tactics, stealth and real life.

Why should they - they are 12 or whatever ?

They stand, talking loudly, usually next to where Im hiding and they generally enjoy themselves. The problem is when their behaviour starts to encroach on you enjoying yourself.

The answer ?

Either try to educate them by setting examples and explaining what they are doing is wrong or play somewhere else where there are less children.

Unfortunately, the site owners need their parents cash.

Are there any adult only sites ?

shame some sites dont do an over 18s day once a month or something like that but like you say the site owners all need to get the money in.

The other issue is that many parents bring their kids or vice versa.

I know quite a few dads who use their sons addiction to Airsoft to get into it themselves.

The answer is education.

Some sites like Special Ops up in MK offer training days and I know that Mac up there teaches the kids to use compasses and NVG and so on.

To many sites just want the cash and don't develop the sport.

in fairness i think people have more responsibility to develop the players then the sport would come second... my thinking behind that is that if we dont have responsible players and people that are mature enough to be using RIF's and the like then the sport cant evolve and get bigger as it will keep being bought down due to the people that either act immaturely or put the sport into disrepute.

i might be wrong but that's how i see it

The other issue is that many parents bring their kids or vice versa.

I know quite a few dads who use their sons addiction to Airsoft to get into it themselves.

The answer is education.

Some sites like Special Ops up in MK offer training days and I know that Mac up there teaches the kids to use compasses and NVG and so on.

To many sites just want the cash and don't develop the sport.

I'll try and get fire support to do training sessions i think even if I'm the one teaching (instructor training don't fail me now)

Also I am starting to realise that there are many different types of airsofters.

Airsoft ticks a number of boxes for different people but the Airsoft gun is what binds them together.

For example, there is a group of airsofters who don't really see it as anything to do with war or the military.

Its just a game like playing tag. They know nothing about the guns they carry and they are looked upon as a fashion accessory.

Others like to dress in authentic BDU, others like tactics and so on.

There is nothing wrong with these different variants, but they can be quite different.

These groups overlap in places but not totally, so you get splinter groups who want different things.

I guess what happens is that this evolves so people gravitate to the site that gives them what they want.

The problem starts when people want to have a serious tactical game but you have people, often kids, running round with orange guns charging everything down. This is often used by the serious regulars as target practice.

Does it matter providing everybody enjoys themselves and nobody gets hurt ?

I think the difficulty is recognising in yourself, what you want from Airsoft and then acting accordingly.

Picking loadouts and weapons for yourself is relatively an easy choice if funds permit, but finding the right site and playing style is something else.

As you well know, I have found in a relatively short space of time that the 'up and at em' style of skirmish is not for me and I am trying to do something about that by getting more into low end milsims. Starting the Facebook group and trying to set up some games is that first step.

Anyway, Im now well off topic so will withdraw.

Just keep an eye on the news, 'cos if anyone ever asks me if my L85 is a Battlerifle from Halo, the entire world is going to know about it...

lol

I generally dont get that annoyed at games. I am there to have fun, and that means running around a forest shooting people :D

Its also a great way to get fit (My excuse to the wife!)

Just keep an eye on the news, 'cos if anyone ever asks me if my L85 is a Battlerifle from Halo, the entire world is going to know about it...

Is your L85 the battlerifle from Halo?!!???!!

/hides

My local site does U18 games, 18+ games and mixed games, you know what you're getting when you sign up. That said, I've found a lot of the U18 guys to be pretty damn good, certainly a lot better than some of the useless 18+ guys who rock up with all the gear and a serious case of no idea!

I tend to play U18 games, and you do get a few idiots, but they tend to be first timers so I don't really mind them as they learn to do things differently by the end of the day. It's actually the guys who spend daddy's money on guns, gear etc instead of saving and using their own- one guy buys guns and gear on a whim, one game day he's running a brand new M249 with a full USMC setup, the next he's got a real sword SVD and all this '90s russian kit. That's the sort of person I have the problem with at U18 games, because you've got others like myself who don't all have high end gear and save money most of the time trying to compete with these rich kids.

Not easy when 3 of that group of douchebags have fully tuned Systemas and the rest have G&P rifles.

And when the marshals turn a blind eye when they cheat because they're some of the most reliable customers to the site.

• Supporters

what kind of parent buys their kid a Systema?!

besides, even the best gun isn't going to outrange your G&G by much more than a few yards, if they were the be all and end all of airsoft everyone would have to have one! Get a smidge closer, good gear does not a good airsoft player make.

It's not really their performance, it's their attitude. As in not listening to other players who may be able to help them with an issue (one was struggling to find a holster for his TM DEagle) because their gear is on a lower level and they're wearing DPMs.

• Supporters

there's a 'team' like that plays at a site I occasionally go to, they all have their matching gear and think they're the dogs danglies (they're not, herd of poorly camouflaged elephants springs to mind), I find it's easiest just to avoid them. I don't speak to them, they don't speak to me because I'm a mere mortal and I'm not wearing A-TACS.

One day they'll realise that A-TACS AU isn't all that great in the woods!

That's pretty much all I and some other guys do. In a free for all game mode, a few of the guys I squad up with and me completely smashed them, to the point that they were accusing us of cheating despite there being a marshal stationed directly behind us. All we were doing was occupying a couple of the huts in this 'village' area of the site, but they didn't have the brains or balls to do anything to counter it and there was only 4 of us and 9 of them!

• Supporters

So what's your beef, that their parents can afford to buy them £2,000 PTWs? If so, dry your eyes and move on, there's always someone with more money/better car/fitter wife.

Be happy with what you've got and plan for what you want to get, ignore those who have greater means, theirs or those they're borrowing from others.

lol

I generally dont get that annoyed at games. I am there to have fun, and that means running around a forest shooting people :D

Its also a great way to get fit (My excuse to the wife!)

You know that's the same excuse I give my wife lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.