What was your first Airsoft gun, would you ever sell it?

AirsoftTed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Thought I'd start this conversation just out of interest, some people say they could never part with it, others are not really that fussed.

I think my first ever, what you could call decent (as in not the £40 quid things you could pick up at Boot sales pre VCRA - if these count I had a G36C which broke when 0.12g BB's crushed inside the barrel lol! had a full metal AK which was blinding, god knows what happened to that) was a JG Bar 10.

At the time I never knew anything about upgrading guns or skirmishing etc, so was not to know that after 15 shots my trigger sear would snap. For months I faffled about with this thing (well my older, more technically minded sister did, not that she had a clue what was wrong) and we ended up pretty much rendering it useless. To add to that very sad story, I later found out it was a very common problem that would of been remedied for £15...

My first ever skirmishable AEG was a G&G CM16 Raider-L, which I sold after two skirmishes as I began building a USMC Force Recon Loadout.

I then bought a secondhand ICS RAS m4 which was exactly what I wanted, but ended up being broken, so I sold it on as spares and repairs.

Inbetween selling that and buying my latest AEG, I bought a secondhand CM16 carbine off of this forum, and I still have it. Little work horse it is, doesn't skip a beat!

With the money from selling the ICS M4 I bought myself a G&P M16A3, which I am now, you guessed it, selliing. The G&P is a great gun, don't get me wrong, I just bought the wrong variant of m16 for my loadout lol. I am in two minds however whether I should invest a few hundred pounds in A4'ising it.

So yeah, use this thread to share you stories about your first(s) and if you're a soppy git or all about the money like myself .

• Supporters

first ever gun was a Tokyo Marui M4A1 way back in 2002, still got it though it's up for sale at the moment.

people wonder why I always rave about marui quality... it's because I've had the gun for 11 YEARS and it's never required anything more than BBs and charged batteries.

great thread,

Well, I'm just starting up in airsoft. Back story for me is that I didn't have the money or see the appeal of a two tone when I was 16. So after watching souththedoggie for 2 years and all the airsoft forums, retail sites and oogling over guns you can imagine how much I wanted to get into airsoft.

My base model which I love most is the G36. I really wanted something that was as realistic as possible, I quickly looked at the WE G39RAS. (Still want one and will get one some day), I soon realised that I would not be able to afford a GBBR so I went for AEG. Looked at the ARES G36CV and it was going to be my first gun. Until the site I go to told me they had CA G36c's to sell second hand. Instead of waiting for my UKARA they let me use one and only charged me for a walk one each time, now I'm waiting for my UKARA and then I get the G36c for a mere £160. GREAT DEAL. (before anyone says anything, they still have the G36 at the site, I don't take it off the site as its not legal until I have my UKARA as I need it to buy it - I just get to use it)

Now starting airsoft for £160 is amazing value and let me get some accessories, including a tactical light (XTAR TZ20-U2), foregrip, rails, aimpoint scope, angled 25mm scope ring and a tracer unit along with a 2 inch outer barrel extension to fit.

I have to say after waiting 2 years to start airsoft and my kit to have cost so little to begin that I would never sell the gun, I love it and if I do ever get another gun then at least I can lend it to someone when they come with me to site in order to get them in cheaper.

• Supporters

Wayy back in my early teens my and my brother used to have BB gun fights, we started off with springer pistols but it escalated, to the point that in 1998 (I think) I bought my TM mp5k my first AEG. At the time I couldn't afford a spare mag soo for along time it was 30rds reload 30rds reload etc

Soo after our bb war ended and the gun was put in a cupboard not seeing the light of day until this year it still works (sort off), though due to my upgrading the 6mm bushes to bearings, which failed, it needs a new gear box now lol.

First gun - a gift - Army Armaments R85. Would I sell it?
If only I could. What a piece of utter junk, it broke half way through my first skirmish, and never lasted a full day. Over 4 months I spent about £110 on repairs and new parts. It's currently sat in Dave's gun cupboard, in about twenty pieces - he tried to fix it, but was unable to. (Dave, for the love of God, sell it - for spares, for scrap, as a wall-hanger - I don't care, just sell it...)

First gun I bought myself - KJW P229.
It was a good gun, enjoyed playing with it. It's since been replaced by several other pistols (including another KJW P229). Although it's broken I won't sell it. Firstly, I really am too sentimental about it. Secondly, while it's knackered, I can at least learn how to fix GBBs by tinkering with it.

• Supporters

The first gun I ever bought was a WE M16A3 GBBR and whilst being awesome, it was shit. I sold it after about a year I think, though it could've been as little as two months, I honestly can't remember.

In exchange I got a KWA M4 S-System, which I accepted because I assumed I'd be able to make a standard M4 out of it, not realising that the upper receiver was stupid and didn't even have a rail, the S-System RIS was just a stupid add on that couldn't be used on any other M4. It was a shitty mess of fake screws and stuff. Hated it, even though it was a solid performer.

The first AEG I ever bought was the G&G MP5A4 Top Tech Gen1, which I still have and it's still amazing. Best gun I've ever bought by miles imo. G&G are just faultless. If every gun was as good as a G&G then there'd probably be a much smaller market for upgrade parts, because so many people would just be happy with what they've got.

• Supporters

Jg g36 here, I ended up snapping the stock off after falling over and pretty much couldn't sell it. So I gave it.to a friend- still lying under his bed to this day, but now even more broken :lol:

Marui AK47S Ex rental,with the stock broken off,it was around 8 years old or more when I got it. Purchased for about 50€,used it very very aggressively for a year and a half. Bloody tough that thing was.

It blew a fuse and I thought it broke,so I threw it in the bin. It's currently sitting in some Irish landfill or was incinerated.

Would I sell it? fuck no,I would have kept it. It's my biggest regret next to buying a CYMA M4 after it.

If I knew more about AEGs at the time the gearbox would at present, be sitting happily in an LCT body and the Old body hanging on my bedroom wall.

First ever airsoft gun was a TM Glock 17 Springer in 1996!

I Bought a TM AK47 Spetsnaz in 2003 but never really used it. Sold it a year or so later.

I only really got into airsoft properly Jan 2012. I bought a KWA M4 S-System. Sold it 2 months later in favor og a G&P MRP CQB.

only gun I wont sell is my TM SCAR.

My first gun ever.... going back to 2007 maybe, one year after the VRCA thing was introduced. And got my first gun when I was 9.

I went into one of those "convenience stores" with dark skinned asain (usually indian) people behind the counter. (No pun intended there)

I got into airsoft when I was 8 because nerf guns were just so weak, horrible range and I needed more POWER! Seriously, I could not understand why my friends thought "30 feet" was amazing range for a nerf gun. I could even throw a nerf dart to that distance and possibly more accurately.

So, I saw what was a £1 walther p99 airsoft gun, all dark blue and plastic. Since it was my first ever gun, I had no idea what was good or bad, so I took it to the guy behind the cash machine and gave him a quid... he took it, and I walked away with the gun... I guess he didn't know about the gun laws but at the same time, I didn't as well.

So I was very excited as this was my very first airsoft gun. I took it home, called over a friend, opened the box and viola, it felt pretty nice in my hands and no, it wasn't 1:1 scale but it did fit my small hands nicely; and of course, I have man sized hands now.

The gun smelled of very cheap plastic as well as the mag which held 7 BBs. It also came with a small pack of maybe 25 BBs which had VERY visible seams and plastic bits sticking out of them.

The first thing I did was a pain test with it. Nerf guns don't even hurt at all if you shoot point blank at yourself but with the £1 gun, it did sting for like 10 seconds which i thought was pretty good power at the time.

So me and my friend decided to check the range and accuracy of it. I had a Nerf Raider CS-35 that i got from Hong Kong at the time.I was massively into nerf at the time as well as getting into airsoft.

So, me and my friends standing side by side targeting at my wooden fence in my garden which was 20m (65 feet) from my front house door. My friend went first. The first shot from the raider didn't make it half the distance and just landed out my kitchen (the front door to the kitchen is about 27 feet and yes, we were inside my house shooting outside into my garden).

My friend was all impressed by the range of the shitty nerf gun, he was like "Oh yeah! 31 feet! That is so awesome!"

But when I fired a BB from the £1 gun, the BB easily went passed 31 feet and fell short into the grass maybe about 55 feet but it was damn near my fence and that wiped the stupid smirk off his face. I had to admit, it was pretty good range and power for a £1 gun, fps was probably less that 100 but I loved it. And from that moment on, airsoft guns took over my nerf gun love but I still like nerf even today, only for extreme close up CQB though.

But there was one massive drawback. You can probably guess what would happen; being a £1 gun with cheap plastic externals and internals. Yup, that's right. It didn't even last a day. The piston was so so badly made it it would break even if I pull back the slide and then letting it go very fast making the slide slam forward. And how do you think I know this? Indeed, I bought 5 more from the "convenience store". That's right. 5 more.

As sad as this may sound, one day after school, I rushed to the shop and bought the airsoft gun instead of spending that £1 on maybe some treats like coke or sweets.

Yeh............................................. but right now today, after 6 years, the convenience store has closed and a clothes shop has opened in it's place. Shame, the sales guy was pretty cool.

Thinking back, I feel stupid that I loved a cheap plastic gun that wouldn't even last a day and I even bought some more..... My nerf guns are just collecting dust in my closet. Haven't used them for maybe 3 years.

• Supporters

My nerf guns are just collecting dust in my closet. Haven't used them for maybe 3 years.

My nerf guns to this day make a regular appearance at skirmishes, got a nerf kill on Sunday :D

• Supporters

CYMA CM.028U Tactical AK47 called Sabine. She was excellent straight out of the box, but too hot for wimpsoft sites. That was the primary reason for my tinkering, but I also wanted to learn how AEG'S work. Anyhoo I pretty much fcuked her up. Still... Tadaaaaaa! She'll be making an appearance 2moz @Skirmish.

Would I sell? No. Although there's a fair bit of her in my bits box and some bits have made appearances in other guns. I sort of want to get a steel AKM receiver for her, but I want to keep the side folding stock and I haven't yet seen a receiver for sale individually that will take the fitting as it is, or even with easy mods.

My first gun was/is (I still have it) a Cybergun licensed Sig Sauer P230 springer. I got it about a year ago for £16. It shoots around 180fps and it still works (the springs in the mags are fucked up though).

My first AEG is the one I currently own at the moment the SRC SR4 MI AEG. I originally wanted to get an SRC M16A3 but as soon as I realized that the SR4 had a metal receiver AND it came it with a battery (which for 1200 mAh it lasts for almost a whole day) I couldn't say no. I got it for £150 and I bought 4 Dboys STANAG 65-round mid-caps for my second skirmish. (On my first skirmish I just had that one 300 round hi-cap that came with the gun)

I won't sell it since it seems to be a trooper but then again I've skirmished with it twice so it hasn't had much action.

My first airsoft gun... Which I acquired last christmas, was a Mossberg Stock (590) from JBBG's. I only wanted it for battles in my Mates woods, and tbh, it's not that bad. Of course, it's not great either. It said it held 180 rnds, which it DOES, but only 8 are loaded at one time -_- So, i'd fill it up with 180, load some, suppress my Mate with bb's anaaannnd then have to reload agaon. It was only the other day I discovered I could actually still reload the 8 while the mag was still in the gun, which made it a hella lot better. Accuracy and range are actually decent, and fps is probably around 280-300 :L My friend has a DE M901C, Frizzle's but with a folding stock. We were in his woods last weekend fighting, and I beat him once with it, and when we played 2 lives each, got 1 hit and 2 ricochets, but of course, ricochets don't count -_-. When I did beat him though, my reaction was: "Wayyyyyy D*ckheaaaaddd!" because apparently he was superior to me ;) Can't wait to get my MP5. But all in all, no, I wouldn't sell it. Because the £5 re-sale value wouldn't be worth it, and I wouldn't want to anyway, it's decent for what it's for (Plinking) ;) It was £35 by the way ;)

My first gun was a cheap plastic badly made springer I got at a carboot sale. They didn't last very loing but I had bought a few over the years. The oldest one that I have which still works is a black G36 springer. This was all before VCRA.

• Supporters

Since people have started counting all the "so crap it's not really airsoft" guns that they first had, I'll go back to my actual first gun, which was a HFC P228 springer, which was £35 and it was actually boss as hell.

My brother had one too, cocking the slide actually opened up the ejection port properly and everything, it even had a safety derived from the decocker. So from then on, I'd get a new one every time I could afford it, which was generally every 3 or 4 months.

My spring collection grew to include a HFC M92, a USP (which actually had a slide lock function on it - orgasm) a Desert Eagle, an S&W M745, an UZI and an M16A1.

The Sig was my favourite though, the Desert Eagle was slightly better, but I always thought they were a bit gay. The UZI was stupidly powerful but cost me £60 and the M16 was always shit and cost me £70... Can't believe the guy in the gun shop was cold hearted enough to rip off a 13 year old...

Oh and I had a P90 as well, that my brother got for £70 and it was the crappest gun ever. Fed from a gravity feed - "fed" being a loose term in this instance, as it didn't feed shit all - it was an actual AEG though and it had written on the side, "Power 0.08J"

Rofl.

Words cannot adequately describe the unparalleled shitness of that gun.

I've still got the Uzi, the Desert Eagle and the S&W and they even all still work as well as on day one.

I broke my Sig because I tried to use paintball BBs in it and one got jammed in the barrel so had I had to take it apart. Except, being 13 I ended up breaking it in the process =[ I sold the other one I had to a guy at school lol who came back the next day saying, "Ermmahgerd man, it shot through a coke can!" (It totally didn't shoot through a coke can).

The USP and M9 both broke through heavy use and being dropped one too many times and the M16 broke too. I ended up selling it to someone as a drama prop for £20.

This was all way back in around 2005 - 2007.

When I turned 14 I got a BSA Meteor .117 break barrel air rifle so my airsoft love died until I just turned 18, when I realised how big airsoft actually was and went to my first skirmish.

I started with a Relum .22" air rifle with telescopic sight but it was too powerful for the garden. I used to have a Walther PPK replica which ejected the brass shells when you cycled it and when such things were legal to buy.

Now my primary is an Airsoft H&K 416 D16.5RS with optics

.When I turned 14 I got a BSA Meteor .117 break barrel air rifle so my airsoft love died until I just turned 18, when I realised how big airsoft actually was and went to my first skirmish.

• 3 months later...

I got an Classic Army Sportline MP5K PDW.

No idea why.

Terrible decision! First off, I don't even like the look of it, much prefer the design with the A4 receiver / fire selector design as opposed to the A3 I think it's called? I guess from G3A3?

Anyway I hated how the battery went in the upper receiver. It was so fiddly and awkward and the wires always get squished and damaged inside there. It also always sounded really weird when firing, seemingly straight out or the box. I didn't even know if it was firing or not most or the time and it the noise was horrible too.

I sent it in to get repaired and I have a feeling the guy didn't know how to take the front pin out or something but either way it had snapped off so the metal bit inside that's supposed to keep the pin / front sling mount in place went missing. The rear sight also fell off.

So in conclusion, yes! Yes! I REALLY WANT TO SELL THE PIECE OF SHIT. I need to. It's go towards the new gun I bought.

But nobody will buy it. They're like yes very interested, I show them the slight cosmetic damage and they never even reply. Honestly seems a bit rude to me.

Maybe I should just send it into Patrol Base and see if they'll fix it. Then when I'm earning money I can give my dad the £70+ he needs that should have been from selling the bloody thing!

The first shitty springer I had? :)

Wow, yeah that thing.

It was a retarded looking clear plastic M1911 type of thing with a rail mount for a 'red dot sight' and the cheap lasers.

I don't know why it cost £20, it was probably just as good as the £5 ones that JBBG stocks.

Can't remember exactly how it broke but all I know is that I know longer know where the frame went - just that the slide lays on the floor in my room...

Fortunately my second one, an amazing BEAST M9 was much better! Plastic again, but actually really nice quality for the same price.

Nice and accurate with .2s, powerful (300+ FPS) and felt very satisfying / fun to shoot. Undoubtably the best cheap springer I've had, in fact if anybody wants one for messing around or something GET IT.

Only downside is that you have to support just BB guns when you buy it.

It's called the GSG92 or something, changed the name since I had one, but I'm 99% sure it's the same gun I got 2-3 years ago.

Hmm, my first ever gun must have been a cheapo lpeg desert eagle. It was still a load of fun. Until it was thrown away :( I remember I used to go to the war & peace show and I'd always end up doing a mini "skirmish" with my friends and other kids round the campsite. This got me into airsoft after finding out about scoutthedoggie after searching something along the lines of BB gun wars. My first proper airsoft gun was my UHC sniper rifle which I got after my first skirmish. It was not bad, but it was not very strong, as proven by the fact that the bolt spring snapped and the bolt handle came off.

Well a couple christmases ago my father bought a couple of cheap unbranded spring shotguns (clear plastic pistol-grip Spas 12s) just to put under the tree, like. They came with about a hundred cheapy BBs (undefined weight) and about the same number of BB Paintballs. After a christmas day pissing about around the house, they went on a shelf. However, they had the word 'Airsoft' somewhere on the box, which I decided to look up...

My god, why didn't I know about this sport five years ago? Used a rental KA M4 for my three pre-UKARA games then bought my first AEG, an Asia Electric P90, because I couldn't find a Marui in time for my 4th skirmish. I have a passionate hatred for the M4 weapon system (So. Damned. Common.) so I was desperate to get away from it.

I've always been a P90 fanboy, since I was about eight playing 4-Player Goldeneye on the N64. For over a decade, opening up various weapon select screens and finding a P90 was just gravy for me, so when I discovered I could a) shoot people with one IRL, and B) have an excuse to own my very own, that was that.

The AE P90 is a solid little performer. A direct clone of the TM, it does of course lack the build quality of the TM but was by no means a bum deal. I would have stuck with it and just upgraded it, but I saw a good deal on a TM and jumped on it.

So my AE P90 has had a replacement Lonex nozzle, hop bucking and a few other tweaks (barrel stabilisation, compression fixes, etc) and will soon be sold to my number 2. So yeah, I'm selling her, but only because I'm dirt broke, and she'll only be next door anyway :)

• Supporters

TM Sig 552 was my first, loved it to bits .. bought it from Wolf Armouries (before I knew better, dont judge), had to sell it when I became Ill however, was a good little first gun.

• Supporters

I wasn't allowed guns by my parents so when I went to I school joined the cadets and a shooting team. At uni the guy in the room next door to mine was into pistols and we had a laugh messing about with cheap springers, I did buy one no idea of the make or anything but it was £15 is on a market stall and I guess it would resemble a 1911 loosely (if you squinted at it from a distance) it lasted pretty well. It's in my parents loft currently for the main reason that I know no one would buy it and I don't really know how to dispose of it, it might make a nice prop so I may keep it.

When I eventually had the time and money to get out skirmishing I had my heart set on an L85 hence buying the ICS L85 and starting my obsession with getting it running perfectly. It's still not quite right but I've outranged many others and the accuracy is ok. I think from now on I will send it away to a proper gun tech to get it tuned perfectly. Would I sell it, probably not, maybe only if I left the sport for good, but if nothing else it's nice to have so I can go to skirmishes occasionally if I want.

Now my arsenal has grown in order, ICS L85A2, ASG/CYMA G18cAEP, ASG/JG Bar10 Gspec, ASG MK23 Socom, and most recently an ICS M4A1 full stock which I'm tempted to leave as stock, or have turned into a DMR by a proper Tech.

Archived