Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7843 posts in this topic

Umarex HK MP7 GBB :) (haven't fielded it yet, but by god, the kick is hard and the shots are loud! best £200 i've spent so far ^_^)

"AK Style" foregrip - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDI3WDY0MA==/z/CyMAAOSwirZTwMjV/$_12.JPG

Red Dot Holographic Sight - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/RQIAAMXQAx9RT~qI/$T2eC16RHJG!E9nm3qVlCBRT+qIZVzw~~60_57.JPG

Also looking to buy a new vest to replace my current one & hold more MP7 Mags once i get the moolah.

You'll want an npas for the MP7 or it'll be too hot to use.

GiantKiwi likes this

You'll want an npas for the MP7 or it'll be too hot to use.

Can't i just use heavier BB's or weaker gas? I've heard the NPAS kit isnt the greatest thing in the world, so im more dependant on getting my hands on a CQB bolt, which is about as fruitless as the garden of eden being in the hands of vegans.

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

The problem with using heavier BBs is that most sites chrono with .20s so you will be over at chrono.

Surely the garden of Eden would be pretty well tended to by vegans as all they can eat is fruit?

I'll have to replace vegans with starving army of vegans to further illustrate my point.

and with my first game, they didnt really care to notice the ammo we were using, which was our own. plus, i'm using .20's and was thinking of upping the stakes to .25's, which, to my knowledge is the max the magazine can hold.

I'm glad someone did :D Anyway, can you or anyone give first-hand impressions on the NPAS kit in terms of the MP7?

Airsoft_Mr B likes this

Some geeky patches
something very special i dont want to jinx it just yet but i'll collect it sunday
and soon to buy sling & interceptor body armour from Taiwan gun :D

Picked up a new (surplus) pair of DPM trousers and a few lightweight anti static t shirts, went out looking for a goretex smock but couldn't find any stock.

Can't i just use heavier BB's or weaker gas?

Yes to the second, no on the first.

In gas guns, as you increase BB weight your muzzle velocity goes down but muzzle energy actually creeps up and despite the urban myth it's not the velocity that really matters the most. Sites always set their FPS levels "when chrono'd with a 0.2g BB" for that very reason, they're actually checking your muzzle energy but nobody ever phrases it that way.

Energy = Mass x Velocity squared, and all that jazz.

i'm using .20's and was thinking of upping the stakes to .25's, which, to my knowledge is the max the magazine can hold.

Could you elaborate? I've never ever heard of a magazine that was incapable of holding a certain weight of BB. Actual ammunition can feature numerous weights of bullet, but the dimensions of the round (and therefore the capacity of the relevant magazine) stay exactly the same, that applies to airsoft too.

Yes to the second, no on the first.

In gas guns, as you increase BB weight your muzzle velocity goes down but muzzle energy actually creeps up and despite the urban myth it's not the velocity that really matters the most. Sites always set their FPS levels "when chrono'd with a 0.2g BB" for that very reason, they're actually checking your muzzle energy but nobody ever phrases it that way.

Energy = Mass x Velocity squared, and all that jazz.

Could you elaborate? I've never ever heard of a magazine that was incapable of holding a certain weight of BB. Actual ammunition can feature numerous weights of bullet, but the dimensions of the round (and therefore the capacity of the relevant magazine) stay exactly the same, that applies to airsoft too.

Woops. my bad :L I didnt mean the magazine holding the weight of the BB, i mean (And i'm reading this from the manual) that the gun, or to my knowledge, the barrel can only shoot 2 types of rounds between 0.20 and .25 gram BB's, nothing heavier is referenced, so im assuming this is the norm for all GBB guns?

Also, I haven't necessarily changed out my rounds from 0.20's, so im unaware of any first-hand experience with heavier BB's and sometimes passed the thought that it the higher the gram, the bigger the BB :unsure:

No, bb dimensions are pretty static. 5.95mm or thereabouts, regardless of weight. Your gun will be able to fire anything as long as it's 6mm.

Your hop up may not be able to lift really heavy BBs but it'll definitely do .30.

RabidNinja64 likes this

Drop leg multicam pistol holster in black because my imi belt mounted one is a pain in the arse

-£14.99

Finally my Evike order arrived, and everything else I ordered!

5:11 Waistcoat (although its too big so I'm going to sell it)

Inert Smoke Grenades

2 Surefire G2 Lights

Offset light mount

Angel Custom Steel Charging Handle

2 WE G36 Magazines

Multicam single point sling

Ebairsoft MBUS Sights

G36 Flat top rail

Airsoft_Mr B and Monty like this

Also litterly 10 minutes ago I brought 4x acog, but I go on holiday tommorow so I can't test it 😞😞

Drop leg multicam pistol holster in black

-£14.99

Multicam holster in black?? That's an interesting concept

Jeez only just noticed that, meant to type multi pistol.

The multicam master race are taking over, time to breakout...

The spartan loudout

Conquer and defeat

-edit- could be black multicam (google it)

Multicam holster in black?? That's an interesting concept

Im sure there will be some pretty soon

MultiCamBlack-870x375.jpg

20140803_183346_1_bestshot.jpg

Qumox SJ4000. No point paying the over inflated prices for the Go Pro, when this does what I need and uses the same mounts. (Seriously, the video and audio quality is better putting them side by side).

Yesterday, my friend and I got a can of Halfords black camo paint, will be painting it today. I hope it works well :D