501st Airsoft, Tunbridge Wells

I think I already know the answer to this question, but has anyone played at 501st Airsoft, which is a new site near Tunbridge Wells?

Posted (edited)

Nope, but mostly because it's a stones throw from my house and I'm a regular at battle lakes so a new site that arrived on our door step that opens the same weekends the lakes does was a shitty move 😂

But then looking at the photos on Facebook, it looks like bare woodland with a few pallets thrown about the place, nothing exciting at all

Edited by Jez_Armstrong

Oh, good spot - 30 minutes away from me according to google, I might be tempted, if only for a bit of variety. Web presence seems extremely limited however! Looking at the booking page, it appears that it is full day bookings only and that spaces are limited to 50 (which might provide a clue as to the size of the playing area).

1 hour ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Nope, but mostly because it's a stones throw from my house and I'm a regular at battle lakes so a new site that arrived on our door step that opens the same weekends the lakes does was a shitty move 😂

But then looking at the photos on Facebook, it looks like bare woodland with a few pallets thrown about the place, nothing exciting at all

Given that BL is one weekend per month and that the dates only sometimes overlap, that does not seem to be a huge issue.

The photos of the site are somewhat underwhelming, which is why I was asking if anyone had actually played there.

1 hour ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Oh, good spot - 30 minutes away from me according to google, I might be tempted, if only for a bit of variety. Web presence seems extremely limited however! Looking at the booking page, it appears that it is full day bookings only and that spaces are limited to 50 (which might provide a clue as to the size of the playing area).

Indeed; the photos on FB are somewhat uninspiring and, based on them, numbers appear low.  I might wander down there to try it out at some point.

49 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Indeed; the photos on FB are somewhat uninspiring and, based on them, numbers appear low.  I might wander down there to try it out at some point.

Please report back if you do!

• Supporters

Be interesting to see if the bucketheads are aware of this place.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Be interesting to see if the bucketheads are aware of this place.

Bucketheads?

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Bucketheads?

The 501st Legion. Stormtrooper cosplayers that are about as close to being "official" as cosplayers get. Total stitch counting anoraks that run the group like some kind of paramilitary!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501st_Legion

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

The 501st Legion. Stormtrooper cosplayers that are about as close to being "official" as cosplayers get. Total stitch counting anoraks that run the group like some kind of paramilitary!

Ah!  I assumed that it was a nod towards the 501st PIR.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Wow... what a bunch of nerds.

Now if you excuse me, i have to research what sling is now the Gucci thing and spend $400 on it.

That is nothing, the 501st will let almost anyone in. The mando mercs costume club however, check this out https://mandalorianmercs.org/costume-requirements/