dad wont let me own an airsoft gone (read post please)

Hey airsofters! Im the age of 16 and I have made this account with my parents permision! 
Now I been into airsofting ever sinceI was a little bittle kid how ever since I grown a lot more and though that I probaly want my own airsoft gun
I have went to my father more then millions times to ask him if I can have permision to buy one for myself.
I have work my own job and have my own money and bank account but since the law is that your only allowed to buy a airsoft gun unless your 18 which I know that and thats why I been asking him if I could have one. how ever everytime I ask him he always shrugs it off and says its illegal's for me to have one.
Im i dumb or is there a new law thats going on? or is it legal for me to have one 

On Easter holidays early ? 
(regulars will get that)

But seeing as you clearly haven’t googled it, but your father may well have

Here you go…..

https://www.abbeysupply.com/resources/how-old-do-you-have-to-be-to-play-airsoft#:~:text=This means that anyone under,over the age of 18.

That Abbey link is poorly worded.

It is illegal to sell an airsoft gun to anyone under 18

But it is not illegal to own - it can be irresponsible to supply one to a person under 18

If the father was confident in their child being responsible enough then the father could legally buy an airsoft gun and gift it (with no exchange of money or other service)

Unless the father is an airsofter then they would not be able to purchase a RIF, therefore could only buy and gift a brightly coloured IF

There is seperate legislation for the storage of air weapons that if minors have access to the property the owners must secure air weapons. The police recommend a gun cabinet - but that is not the legal requirement, and subsequently seperate firearms legislation exempts (compliant) airsoft guns from firearms/weapon definitions (which can depend on different parts of legislation)

Therefore it’s not illegal for the OP to own an airsoft gun, but it’s up to the adult responsible for that child

Buying and selling under 18 = illegal

Owning and playing under 18 = legal

Gifting or being gifted under 18 = legal

So the solution is ask your dad to buy it, then gift it to you, as a gift, buy he will only be able to buy an IF (two-tone) without a UKARA so that is what you can get for now

When you are 18 and get your own UKARA you can buy anything you want

As others have posted, its sales to under 18s which is legal not owning one, however as you're living with your parents then it's their house so their rules

Also as you posted you've asked "more than a million times" but won't accept his answer so started this thread suggests to me you're not as mature as you think

21 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

As others have posted, its sales to under 18s which is legal not owning one, however as you're living with your parents then it's their house so their rules

Also as you posted you've asked "more than a million times" but won't accept his answer so started this thread suggests to me you're not as mature as you think

Dad is saying it's illegal. It's not. It doesn't sound like a rule thing, but an ignorance thing.

Where do you get off judging the OPs maturity. You've no basis to to do this, one hyperbolae doesn't do that. Nothing immature in the post and the thread does not suggest anything about the character of the OP.

This guy has written a well structured to the point, polite request for advice. 

I'm not "getting off" on anything, just saying how the OP comes across to me. Imo repetitively asking after being told no is hardly a sign of maturity

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.

The actual legal risk isn't purchase or ownership, but being tempted to take it out in public to show off to your mates, or even just being seen through a window.

So how about suggesting that your dad owns it and keeps it securely locked up, and that you only get your hands on it while at site.

• 2 weeks later...

This has got to be a trolling post. It has to be... it can't be anything else...

*looks at kicking mustang's insta*

It has to be... right?

You're probably right - OP hasn't been back since his opening.  So either he's been grounded until the next Eclipse, or he was on a wind up.

Still we should give the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

I'm not sure. The post was made at the start of the easter holiday and we all know how the number of stupid posts always goes up when the schools are out

23 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

How, in the era of auto spelling and grammar checks, does this happen?

Stay away from those unanswerable questions, my friend. There lies the way of madness. 😉