Display Wall / Cabinets

mirinjawbro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For gun room/armory interior design, it seems there are generally two common styles, either you go 1. grid mesh/pegboard/slat wall for a utilitarian look, or 2. fancy cabinets

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/03/25/top-100-best-gun-rooms/

You might want to think about coordinating a colour theme for the room (e.g. grey pegboard with grey wall and not just random colours) and designing your lighting for wall displays, i.e. spot light bars on the ceiling

(Best lighting are found in museums so you can get some ideas from museum lighting design)

Just now, JinxDuh said:

Oh it's wood lol, it looked bright red... I was about to say some unsavoury words!

Got the 2 tone coz it's what I used in the TA & couldn't justify buying a real wood aeg too...

11 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Did you run out of wall space for the Spas? 😲

Kinda...yeah.

spas12.jpg

16 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

You used a 2 tone in the TA?😁

I'd have been as well using a 2 tone, I was a chef attached to the RA, passed my marksmanship, cooking breakfast for the senior NCO's one year.

22 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Oh it's wood lol, it looked bright red... I was about to say some unsavoury words! 😂

Wood effect paint is crap too.

Edited by gavinkempsell

10 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I'd have been as well using a 2 tone, I was a chef attached to the RA, passed my marksmanship, cooking breakfast for the senior NCO's one year.

Nothing wrong with that. Combat units wouldn't get very far without the support of the logistics tail behind them

1 minute ago, Cannonfodder said:

Nothing wrong with that. Combat units wouldn't get very far without the support of the logistics tail behind them

In the field side by side mucker, my regiment were air defence at the time using the javelin missile, 1 chef for 2-3 crews. In for 4 years, furthest I got from home was Woolwich to do by basic training, Germany reunified the year I joined up so no excercise with BAOR that year (Join the army,see the world...my arse)

Having used both slat wall and trellis I will say use trellis/grid wall rather than slat wall or peg wall for sure. 

Grid wall is cheaper , lighter and far easier to configure and fit than slat wall . I've got a full wall of slat wall and it's so heavy and also requires some heavy duty fixings 

I have 3 IKEA skadis peg boards that I use, mounted on wood 'legs' long enough to reach the floor. In the spare room I have a couple of desks (for airsoft teching!) , and I can then sandwich the wooden legs between the back of the desks and the wall. Holds them very securely, but is a wife friendly option, allowing for removal without a trace when we have guests.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Plus one for the Ikea boards..

I think i missed a trick when I bought my black ones, white shows off the RIFs much better. I suppose the pragmatic solution is to paint my RIFs white.

10 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Plus one for the Ikea boards..

ABLVV87kATPRKhCQc8BxqohUPvD3Ed27cUZLgh7e

Dudette... thot you got an elcan?

32 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

That's an old picture.  She is now looking spot on.

Much better.

3 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

Bodged this up with an old pmag and some brackets. I get a really nice "floating gun" effect on my wall

Why did you have to cut down the mag?

7 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Much better.

Itching to get her zeroed in - might sneak down to my brother's whilst he and his missus are away and take advantage of their massive back garden LOL.

I've been thinking of using the space in our loft... We're mid terrace so effectively have two gable end style walls up there. Anyone used a loft space for theirs? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.