How often do you play?

DanBow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Try to get out once a month with my team, with a 24h Milsim at some point during the year. Tend to take a month off in the summer so 10/12 games a year I guess. 

However, this year has been full of weddings and other events so we’ve not actually got to a game day  together since April 😂

I try and get out once a month with the boy. Shift work doesn't help matters but we spend a fair amount of time teching our pews and the boy (13) is getting pretty good at it. 

He loves it when we go, usually end up taking one of his mates too. 

I try and get right into it but he's usually run off and is busy organizing an attack or whatnot.

I can't lose him on the field, I can usually hear him barking orders at fully grown men....😂

9 minutes ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Well due to the boy now playing cup games as well as league games, we now have football on Sat and Sun each weekend which means airsoft is on hold. 

WHAT!! 

Sit down and reflect on what you have just said. 😉

Well between my local site closing and a new local just strating up have only been twice this yeah. Work doesnt help where I work 2 out of 4 weekends. Also sorting our house out after a major water leak has taken much of my time this year. Hopefully by Christmas it will be alsorted ready for a new year of airsoft to come. 

23 hours ago, Shamal said:

WHAT!! 

Sit down and reflect on what you have just said. 😉

It actually turns out he doesn't have a game this Sunday, but none of my local sites have a skirmish on Sunday either.

Annoying as I've just upgraded both gnus so would be good to try them out.  

3 hours ago, cart3rlfc said:

And everyone on here probably has 10+ guns for the 1 once a month skirmish (count me in on that to) 😂

I thought it's mandatory

7 minutes ago, cart3rlfc said:

Of course 😂 one for each month of the year

Two for each month of the year.

with a max of 6-7 gamedays a year I can attend & around 4-5 games each day carrying a primary & secondary it would take me too long to use them all, especially as I tend to use the same pews each time.

16 hours ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

actually turns out he doesn't have a game this Sunday, but none of my local sites have a skirmish on Sunday either.

You need to ask yourself, how far are you willing to go to shot people....

When would your local sites and your kids games/training align?

Or just enjoy the weekend and get a roast from somewhere 

2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

You need to ask yourself, how far are you willing to go to shot people....

When would your local sites and your kids games/training align?

Or just enjoy the weekend and get a roast from somewhere 

Yeah weekend of rest for me.
Double football is only temporary whilst they are in the playoffs for the cup, ‘til they either get knocked out or win!

1 hour ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Yeah weekend of rest for me.
Double football is only temporary whilst they are in the playoffs for the cup, ‘til they either get knocked out or win!

When I was a teenagers I played (Rugby) for a club,  the school, the County, and was in the squad for Gloucester U21s.  On top of that I worked several evening's a week.

Makes you wonder how you manage it when you get to our age.  I feel tired just thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

When I was a teenagers I played (Rugby) for a club,  the school, the County, and was in the squad for Gloucester U21s.  On top of that I worked several evening's a week.

Makes you wonder how you manage it when you get to our age.  I feel tired just thinking about it.

Yep, aside from weekend matches he has training mid week, added football and rugby at school as he’s doing GCSE sports plus air cadets two nights a week. 

As a result he eats like a Bagger 288. 

I did bugger all as a teenager!  All my fitness has come post-30!

• Supporters

Probably 4-5 times a year or so (which is actually more than I was a few years ago).  Opportunities where I actually have good access to my own gear and there's a site nearby I'm enthused to play at aren't super common.  And honestly, I am lazy, I don't want to have to do my normal washing/ironing/shopping/cleaning one day of the weekend then add on loadout prep and then spend the sunday night washing/airing out/de-prepping airsoft stuff.

If I'm honest with myself, I never deliberately 'got in to' airsoft per se even when I started, I just wanted the M4 from a video game I was super in to as a teenager and to have the different barbie accessories for it.  At some point in the researching and acquisition of said replica I found out about skirmishes and it only seemed like the logical thing to go along, but the first few I went to were pretty 'meh' experiences overall.  Not bad, not amazing.  I'd say I force myself to go out now and again to breathe fresh air, run about and actually use all this stuff because if I let the little gremlin in the back of my mind win and I acted like the hermit man it tells me to be, well then it just wouldn't be a good thing overall in my life.

For a while I went once a fortnight, but reached a point where I didn’t enjoy it to the point it became almost a chore. 

For the last few years I’ve been going max once a month (often less) and found I look forward to it a lot more!

I used to play every weekend (the joys of player/marshalling so I didn’t have to pay), but these days I try to get out a couple of times a month.   If Mrs. Duff is away for the weekend and there’s a Saturday/Sunday combo at my local then I’ll do both days and still get out for the other one.  

It depends though, what with work and not wanting to have any wounds for some important photos I didn’t go for the majority of August or September

Probably play 6 times a year max, since I stopped marshalling and being involved with sites. Two young kids and life can often get in the way of pew pew fun. I was lucky to play in Spain and Portugal through work colleagues when I was working away, but now I’m home based it depends on the gaffer….

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.