How often do you play?

DanBow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I work shifts so my weekends arent always free. I last played about 3 weeks ago but aren't playing again for another 3 weeks! Add to that the cost of actually playing, never mind the gear!

Ive had a look to see if there's any indoor/cqb that are open in the week local to me but can only find 1. I suppose that's one of the few downsides to living in a rural ish area, everything is at least an hour away!

So how often do you all play?

I play every couple of weeks because that's the cadence at Spec Ops... I tried another site nearby, it didn't go so well, so I've decided I'm best off sticking with what I know for the moment - and spending some of the savings on the usual consumables for the next one, and for back garden plinking (though even that's limited due to our house cat who would happily try to make a run for it when the patio door is open, and m'wife insisting our neighbours will hate the sound of my guns and will therefore cause armed police to descend upon us!)

Unfortunately(?) I've missed a recent game for a spa trip, and I'm missing the next as I'll be traveling back from a holiday.  The good news for me is that Carlos reckons the CQB site is on the cusp of opening, so I'll be able to get my 'fix' even if I miss a woodland game day.   And there are actually some well-regarded sites nearby (around MK and Northampton) that I should have tried by now - with my job situation looking a bit happier, I might get to try 'em out soon.

Where is it you live, @DanBow?

I try to get a game in once a month wherever possible, but like you my work gets in the way so I quite often find myself playing midweek games as even if I do get the Sunday off it's often the day after a night shift and I don't fancy staying up for over 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Where is it you live, @DanBow?

I live in Whitchurch, Shropshire.  I play at a woodland site, Alpha55 but that is 35 miles away. There are 3 or 4 that are a little closer but i know the guy that owns/operates it, so for the moment I'm a little loyal, but they all only open at the weekend. Theres is one that is woodland that does occasional evening/night games but i have enough trouble avoiding tree roots when i can see them!

3 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I try to get a game in once a month wherever possible, but like you my work gets in the way so I quite often find myself playing midweek games as even if I do get the Sunday off it's often the day after a night shift and I don't fancy staying up for over 24 hours. 

Yes, exactly the same for me.  The prospect of staying up longer than i have to just doesn't appeal.

Roughly every couple of weeks for us, both due to the schedule Spec Ops MK run to and the fact that since I'm paying for me and the boy it's prob about £120ish a month spent on walk on fees and ammo.  

Money and time no object I'd play every weekend, we only started in May this year but it's quickly become our favourite way to run around and burn calories.

@Gunboat Diplomat yes, I'm the same. My daughter played the last time and loved it so all costs are doubled. I know you all joke about how expensive it is but i presumed you meant just buying gear! 🤣

56 minutes ago, DanBow said:

@Gunboat Diplomat yes, I'm the same. My daughter played the last time and loved it so all costs are doubled. I know you all joke about how expensive it is but i presumed you meant just buying gear! 🤣

Buying gear is just the membership card permitting you to spend even more money using it.

1 minute ago, Krisz said:

Less and less. Simply because the novelty wears off. But I've been playing for nearly 3 years constantly.

How often is constantly?

13 minutes ago, Gunboat Diplomat said:

Buying gear is just the membership card permitting you to spend even more money using it.

Hope you don't mind but I'm pinching that. 😁

2-3 times per month for me - at least 1 woodland weekend morning, and at least one Wednesday evening CQB. The weekday evening games are easier to get a 'pass' for, but not quite as enjoyable  - at least from me! I'm lucky to live only 15 minutes or so from the place I generally play at, so as I only play mornings at the weekend, i can be back home by 12:20ish, thus not eating into too much family time.

Im lucky that being single, and my daughter plays too, i dont have to worry about eating into family time. 😁

I'm trying to aim for once a month, but then again, it is my oldest lad and myself doing airsoft and apart from my wn hobbies having 5 kids who like different tings, plus my Mrs, I try not to push my luck with budgeting or the Mrs.

I usually play every other week; however, over the summer, festivals tend to get in the way and gigs can do so randomly.

I aim to play at least once a month, but often manage twice a month through the spring / summer. Makes up for the winter when I may skip a game because of work or because cold, wet , muddy conditions aren't as much fun as they used to be 🤣

I typically play every two weeks, but I try and get out to other skirmish days and events where possible. If I could, I'd probably play every weekend :P 

Usually every couple of months, but hoping to increase again to once a month.

My son also having a hectic football schedule means he can't join in every time, so I keep an eye out for Saturday games too.

I do try and get to the range more frequently though, even for a couple of hours. Sometimes that's preferable to playing. Less cost, less kit, less hit taking 

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

gonna be once every couple of months for me, I pretty much work every Sunday.

More tea Vicar? 😂

Yeah every two weeks....hang on what are we talking about?

Oh yeah I try and play every Airsoft once a month.😉

10 minutes ago, Shamal said:

More tea Vicar?

Just sending more souls heaven wards one BB at a time.

11 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Every two weeks usually,  sometimes more.  In the run up to the boy emigrating we were sometimes doing two a week.  Expensive but good father-son bonding.

I maintain that, once the equipment is bought, Airsoft is one if the best value for money days out..... £30+BBs per person, and i get a 7 to 9 mile run, lunch and, when the boy was here,  a fun day without fear of disobedience.

Once I've emigrated next year I will only get a few chances a year probably,  so im packing what I can in.

Completely agree on that. Once you have all of the kit, the maintenance costs aren't that bad. 

Hell, even set up costs aren't that bad. Have you seen how much runners will spend on trainers, or hikers will spend on boots and backpacks and sometimes camping gear?

1 minute ago, Impulse said:

Hell, even set up costs aren't that bad

Exactly.... a double Eagle for £160, a couple of mags and a battery brings you to £200, and all you really need then is eye pro and a decent set of walking boots.

Anything more is cosplay larping, tacticool and completely unnecessary.   Bloody good fun though 😁

How much does a use able fishing or golfing hobby cost to get started?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.