NAF ‘23

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Shamal said:

"Bit of dirty play, several times I had hits to the eyes, the bad actors tended to be Bravo group just like last year and the year before that"

That's a bit of an unfair statement.

Is it because we won 😂

No pleasing some people....... 

Literally 🤔

23 hours ago, AirSniper said:

Bit of dirty play, several times I had hits to the eyes,

We play a game that involves getting shot at so complaining about getting shot just makes you look like an idiot. You're an adult so if you choose not to wear full face protection that's your problem.

13 hours ago, Tackle said:

No pleasing some people....... 

Literally 🤔

It makes a change from the usual HPA users are all cheaters bullshit 

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

We play a game that involves getting shot at so complaining about getting shot just makes you look like an idiot. You're an adult so if you choose not to wear full face protection that's your problem.

It makes a change from the usual HPA users are all cheaters bullshit 

I am not complaining about being shot at, I am complaining at dirty play. Dirty as in you don't just hit the target but you keep on firing and don't take hits and take shots intentionally to hurt like in the groin and eye shots specifically aimed at the eyepro as well as that other shitty move of shooting hands.

There is a rule of etiquette in the game, even if its not written down, there are something you don't engage in and if you do then you are the problem with the game.

As for HPA, there were not that many HPA at the event.

On 29/08/2023 at 12:39, AirSniper said:

Bit of dirty play, several times I had hits to the eyes, the bad actors tended to be Bravo group just like last year and the year before that.

I'm sure there are plenty of Bravo players bitching about Delta too.

17 hours ago, Shamal said:

"Bit of dirty play, several times I had hits to the eyes, the bad actors tended to be Bravo group just like last year and the year before that"

That's a bit of an unfair statement.

Is it because we won 😂

Not really, Bravo were not taking their hits.

Several times I and the others in the group we formed launched an attack on places where Bravo had hidden in bushes and they didn't take their hits despite seeing the BB's bouncing of them and they retreated, this was near the trenches.

Players from their time out respawning were not following the rules, they would sit for a minute and then off out again.

Many players were not indicating if they were hit or in play and as soon as you went to shoot they would put their hands up but then jump into the bishes. 

There is winning with honourable play and there is winning by cheating... Big difference.

9 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

I am not complaining about being shot at, I am complaining at dirty play. Dirty as in you don't just hit the target but you keep on firing and don't take hits and take shots intentionally to hurt like in the groin and eye shots specifically aimed at the eyepro as well as that other shitty move of shooting hands.

There is a rule of etiquette in the game, even if its not written down, there are something you don't engage in and if you do then you are the problem with the game.

You didn't post that though did you, all your post stated was that several times you were shot in the face. As usual you're changing what your complaining about when pulled up on it.

Also the NAF is renowned for shitty play so expecting anything else is naive at best

15 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

Several times I and the others in the group we formed launched an attack on places where Bravo had hidden in bushes and they didn't take their hits despite seeing the BB's bouncing of them and they retreated, this was near the trenches.

Players from their time out respawning were not following the rules, they would sit for a minute and then off out again.

Many players were not indicating if they were hit or in play and as soon as you went to shoot they would put their hands up but then jump into the bishes. 

There is winning with honourable play and there is winning by cheating... Big difference.

I think you expect too much from GZ/NAF. 'Good' gameplay eludes that site even on a 'standard' skirmish day, so sticking 3000 players on it will definately not help matters.

Again - I would bet my left nut that Bravo players are saying similar things about Delta. Can you vouch for the 'honourable play' of the other 1.5k players on your team? I don't think so.

Edited by Speedbird_666

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

You didn't post that though did you, all your post stated was that several times you were shot in the face. As usual you're changing what your complaining about when pulled up on it.

Also the NAF is renowned for shitty play so expecting anything else is naive at best

Maybe he's got one of those faces you wouldn't tire in shooting 😏

38 minutes ago, AirSniper said:

shots intentionally to hurt like in the groin and eye shots specifically aimed at the eyepro as well as that other shitty move of shooting hands.

I think you're vastly over-estimating the accuracy of airsofters and their guns. I bring my crosshair somewhat over the often moving player and when I pull the trigger, a small plastic sphere weighing only around a quarter of a gram is pushed through a non-rifled barrel. This projectile hopefully makes contact with any part of my opponents body or equipment, sometimes I'm even evil enough to pull the trigger a couple of times on top, just to increase my chances.

4 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I think you're vastly over-estimating the accuracy of airsofters and their guns. I bring my crosshair somewhat over the often moving player and when I pull the trigger, a small plastic sphere weighing only around a quarter of a gram is pushed through a non-rifled barrel. This projectile hopefully makes contact with any part of my opponents body or equipment, sometimes I'm even evil enough to pull the trigger a couple of times on top, just to increase my chances.

if you're seen by me expect another 5 shots coming your way buddy 😂

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Speak for thine self peasant

#geoffs.48gmasterrace

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

#geoffs.48gmasterrace

So you fell like a double-mug when they don't call it? 😄

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

#geoffs.48gmasterrace

Using heavyweight bbs that don't bleed off energy so fast and might sting a little?

download.jpeg.d156e7a8f729e089964f2c112c1d1d10.jpeg

1 hour ago, AirSniper said:

So are you saying that all the bravo team(1000) were cheating? 

I could mention incidents with delta and the others but I won't.

But is there anyone here who can say they have never experience the issues you have described?

It happens bud but please don't carpet bomb every player as a cheater. 👍

Regards 

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Shamal said:

So are you saying that all the bravo team(1000) were cheating? 

Nah, only you ya shifty old bugger 😜

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

So you fell like a double-mug when they don't call it? 

Sadly yes :(

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Using heavyweight bbs that don't bleed off energy so fast and might sting a little?

download.jpeg.d156e7a8f729e089964f2c112c1d1d10.jpeg

If it's within the site energy/med rules (as fired in-game at people) then i see no issue.

If it's established that the site limits on any weight of ammo at any range result in an unnacceptable amount of owchie then the relevant site limit should be lowered or med raised to accomodate.

57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Nah, only you ya shifty old bugger 😜

Get to your room ya cheeky fecker.😂

I'm too old in the tooth to cheat now I would rather, willingly, take the hit and go and sit under a tree and have a fag and a natter😉

Regards 

On 29/08/2023 at 12:39, AirSniper said:

Bit of dirty play, several times I had hits to the eyes, the bad actors tended to be Bravo group just like last year and the year before that.

Bravo are the new HPA.

Are you really complaining about getting hit on the lenses?  That happens.

5 hours ago, AirSniper said:

I suspect that you are massively overestimating the accuracy of airsoft toys and the ability of those who use them.

You really should take up a more suitable hobby; maybe  you could try macramé.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If it's within the site energy/med rules (as fired in-game at people) then i see no issue.

Nor do I, my post was firmly tongue in cheek 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Nor do I, my post was firmly tongue in cheek 

Imma pretend that was for mr sniper's benefit before we got the tirade of hpa's needing to have weight limits and not the result of brain fog :P

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly.......

OP went to the NAE/NAF and expected good play standards. Yep, theres the problem right there.

To clarify. When the marshals/staff on a walk on game day aren't bothered with video'd evidence of non-hitcalling what's the point.

For context lit up someone very identifiable on cam that ignored the hit. Site staff response "you should have brought hi-cap mags"

Edited by hunter511

• Supporters
On 30/08/2023 at 20:34, Adolf Hamster said:

Imma pretend that was for mr sniper's benefit before we got the tirade of hpa's needing to have weight limits and not the result of brain fog :P

I've only just noticed, he's gone ?, what's the odds that a certain argumentative female was actually his weird alter ego ?, after all he was literally the only member she didn't have a row with ? 

🤔

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.