Delivery nightmares

kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Probably not the worst, but shocked that ups left a rif on the doorstep for an hour this morning.  There is a ups drop off point just down the road too.  Worth mentioning to jdairsoft?

IMG_20230307_133018_972~2.jpg

Meant to post in general not general help @L3wisD could you move this please 

Edited by kasaran

I would mention it. At this point those with less morals would take it in and then claim I never arrived. Get a second one curtesy of ups as its their insurance that would be picking up the bill not JD.

ups, that'll be the issue then ! yep mention it to the retailer , they need to know what a crock of shit their delivery service are so they can use something better.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

I would mention it. At this point those with less morals would take it in and then claim I never arrived. Get a second one curtesy of ups as its their insurance that would be picking up the bill not JD.

I couldn't possibly advocate that kinda behaviour 😏

BUT

Change generally only takes place when companies are punished either financially or litigiously, why is it most of us are conscientious about our rifs & staying on the right side of the vcra/law, & everyone else doesn't give a shit. 👿

Inform the seller for info

But items left on doorsteps are now a fact of life.

Time constraints and delivery targets mean that carriers take the added risk of a claim for missing items which haven’t been delivered in person

Ideally the seller should have sent it without the ability for an unsigned drop off, adult recipient etc  - which they may have paid for 

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

Probably not the worst, but shocked that ups left a rif on the doorstep for an hour this morning.  There is a ups drop off point just down the road too.  Worth mentioning to jdairsoft?

IMG_20230307_133018_972~2.jpg

Meant to post in general not general help @L3wisD could you move this please 

What kind of muppet leaves a RIF on someone's doorstep? Imagine if someone nicked it but UPS reports back it got delivered... You can mention it but I higly doubt anything is gonna change. All of these companies have contracts with these couriers I'm sure it's not that simple to replace them.

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters
3 hours ago, concretesnail said:

Get a second one curtesy of ups as its their insurance that would be picking up the bill not JD.

Eventually, arguing the toss all the way.  And first you'd have to get a refund from JD based on UPS saying "We did so deliver it".  It's not far off the point where a video doorbell of some sort is a necessity to not get nobbled by this sort of shenanigans.

I had similar with an RPK from Land Warrior. I told 'LW as I would want to know myself if the courier I used was crap.  What really pissed me off is that the courier delivered to my house regularly, and couldn't be arsed to put the package through the open shed window due to it's size.  As it was pissing it down I was extra annoyed.  

On a similar note...  I had a chat with a chap from E-Bay last week over some missing boxing shorts.  He said that items being notified as being left in a safe place not being actually being delivered at all was 90% of the complaints received.  This week someone called O'Brian signed for my £120 sparring gloves.   I don't have any neighbours, and my surname is not O'Brian...  Fuck knows where my gloves turned up. 

I had a scope delivered this week by DPD. The delivery page said I'd need photo ID so you can imagine how surprised I was when I refreshed the page and it there was a photo of it on my doorstep. Thankfully I keep an eye on these things when I can, so it had only been out there for a few minutes. But I doubt DPD would be super happy covering a few hundred quid because someone didn't want to knock for something that needed ID. 

• Supporters

I had an issue last year with ebay/hermes, gear was showing on hermes tracking as delivered, but no pod or delivery picture. 

Seller literally went "shown as delivered, not our problem, go whistle for a refund or replacement", hermes wasn't much better initially with a robot system that went round in circles & choked every time it got to the non existent proof of delivery, initially ended up jumping on the local delivery guy, who then gave me his ops managers name, she was more help & established the item had not got past the senders depot, & maybe not even collected by hermes ?, so was it the sender pulling a fast one, possibly ?. 

Even tracking down the European ceo of hermes email got an agreement that they would now consider it lost, but still ebay dragged their heels settling the claim, & PayPal weren't much better as the pod crap automatically closed down any attempt at a claim. 

What a cluster fuck, & trying to get any of them to talk to each other was like herding cats, very stupid cats lol. 

Only way it was resolved was my inability to not quit (which I think they were hoping for), it was only a £30 transaction, so while I wasn't prepared to devote much of my time, every week or so I'd fire off a pre-pasted email or make them call me with a couple of button pushes & then send them off to chase each others tails lol. 

I’d say there’s two issues here really - first one’s the delivery being left on the doorstep, unfortunately, as others have said, post-Covid it’s a fact of life, factor that with the huge increase in online shopping and demand for delivery, drivers are on a tight schedule. The second, and perhaps more important, is the fact that it’s clearly a RIF sat on your doorstep - I’d say that’s bad practice by the seller and it should really be fully wrapped and not obvious.

My two’penneth - I had a RIF delivered by UPS, wasn’t in to accept it so it went back to the depot and I arranged to collect from a local pickup point. The package was also fully wrapped, so if it had been left, it was just any other unidentifiable parcel. But I’m lucky, DPD, Hermes, etc, round our way are all pretty good and we know, by sight at least, the drivers to exchange pleasantries with.

The added annoyance is that there is a UPS pick up point a mile away at a petrol station.  In the good old TaiwanGun days, pre brexit, countless of their UPS deliveries were placed there while I was at work.  I dont understand why suddenly UPS didnt deposit this one there too.  When I got sent that by my partner once they got home I was convinced it would have been Evri or Yodel.  

Then again, beyond the order confirmation email, I was surprised that I got no correspondance from the shop or UPS in regards to it being dispatched etc. 

• Supporters

To be fair, I had a RIF delivery refused at the local UPS pick-up simply for being too big.  These points tend to have very limited storage.

4 hours ago, Davet said:

IThe second, and perhaps more important, is the fact that it’s clearly a RIF sat on your doorstep - I’d say that’s bad practice by the seller and it should really be fully wrapped and not obvious.

I agree that it should be fully wrapped but not necessarily that it is ‘clearly a RIF

I see a white box, with Scorpion, ASG, Action support games etc

Its clearly a parcel, and someone may or may not know what the contents will be

A delivery has been left in sight, which contains a RIF

4 hours ago, kasaran said:

The added annoyance is that there is a UPS pick up point a mile away at a petrol station.  In the good old TaiwanGun days, pre brexit, countless of their UPS deliveries were placed there while I was at work.  I dont understand why suddenly UPS didnt deposit this one there too.  When I got sent that by my partner once they got home I was convinced it would have been Evri or Yodel.  

Then again, beyond the order confirmation email, I was surprised that I got no correspondance from the shop or UPS in regards to it being dispatched etc. 

Some of the delivery drivers are extremely ignorant and it doesn't help this situation in general how lot of them are under extreme amount of pressure because they have got 150 parcels to deliver on a daily basis.

My favourite one is still when my aap-01 vanished because the courier driver nicked it. That was DPD local btw. So I had to pay my buyer back 120 pounds plus never seen the gun again. Easy 200 pounds out of my pocket.

It's still odd not leaving at UPS pick-up point or at least trying to deliver next day.

Why it's not wrapped by your seller is just very poor business practice. I know at least I can avoid them as well in the future regarding RIF's.

Edited by Krisz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.