muzzle system that ignites the gas coming from airsoft gun?

rainyfur

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i own a shotgun that uses green gas and i was wondering if there is a muzzle device like what they would do on flamethrowers have a flame at the front of the gun so that when you shoot it the flame wouldn't go inside the gun and blow you up so is there anything like that for airsoft?

The flame (or spark canister in older models) on flamethrowers is there to ignite only and do not prevent the flame entering inside and blowing the whole thing up.  The output pressure does that.

It may be tempting but DON'T mix gas airsoft with any kind of ignition source.  You'll regret it and may end up in one of those videos of stupid people 😆

If you want a cool effect when shooting get a 'Spitfire tracer' (although it doesn't work with shotguns)

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

There's nothing like that that I'm aware of.  What you can get for 14mm CCW AEGs is a "spitfire" tracer which lights up (rather than igniting) the gas. It looks neat on GBBRs, not so much on pistols.  Shotguns would need a specific system.

32 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

Bic tactical do them.

You have to supply your own duct tape as they don’t come with a solid mount.

Make sure you used correctly threaded tape as CCW duct tape will damage a CW barrel thread.

Alternatively there is the MagZippo’s version. Some people like them but they tend to make it barrel heavy.

I wonder what happened to the lad who wanted to build an airsoft flame thrower user a petrol leaf blower? I’m sure he used to play at Ulitmate Wargames.

Anyhow this is why we have November the 5th burns unit 2 for 1 special offers. 😉

Pic related: The Mall a few years back. (She got kicked for no eyepro)

Sigourney-Weaver-as-Ellen-Ripley-in-Alien-with-Flamethrower.jpg

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

The flame (or spark canister in older models) on flamethrowers is there to ignite only and do not prevent the flame entering inside and blowing the whole thing up.  The output pressure does that.

It may be tempting but DON'T mix gas airsoft with any kind of ignition source.  You'll regret it and may end up in one of those videos of stupid people 😆

If you want a cool effect when shooting get a 'Spitfire tracer' (although it doesn't work with shotguns)

would never mix gas but i tried with a lighter on the end of the gun nothing happen just put out the flame lol

main reason im asking is so i dont have to use cgi when making my movie cus blanks are hard to get in canada

Edited by rainyfur

4 hours ago, rainyfur said:

would never mix gas but i tried with a lighter on the end of the gun nothing happen just put out the flame lol

main reason im asking is so i dont have to use cgi when making my movie cus blanks are hard to get in canada

Your movie 🤣🤣🤣; yeah, sure thing.

Just don't try it; you clearly don't have a clue and will probably end up in hospital.

6 hours ago, rainyfur said:

my movie

Having a shitty goontube channel doesn't make you Stephen Spielberg. Also if this was possible you'd still need to cgi the igniter out so you might as well just stick to adding muzzle flashes in post production 

9 hours ago, rainyfur said:

Flames don’t come out of guns

If you want an effect coming out of a barrel then use a low calibre paintball gun such as .50” or .43”, dry fired with Co2 or air on a cold day and you have gas out of the barrel

and of course ….. don’t shoot it towards people even when empty, especially not dry fired co2 near a person 

There’s at least one person in the UK blind in one eye due to co2 & general residue in the face

If you really really must have unrealistic Hollywood gun effects then refer to this

14 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Having a shitty goontube channel doesn't make you Stephen Spielberg. Also if this was possible you'd still need to cgi the igniter out so you might as well just stick to adding muzzle flashes in post production 

17 hours ago, colinjallen said:

Your movie 🤣🤣🤣; yeah, sure thing.

Just don't try it; you clearly don't have a clue and will probably end up in hospital.

yes my movie its not a shitty movie it has a good budget lots of crew and we even have a fire team on standby when we use pyrotechnics what you think imma be a shitty youtube movie no we have actual uniforms gear and ppl with a budget of 12,000$ i guess you could call it a short film not a movie but you get my point

Edited by rainyfur

Don't listen to anyone shitting on your ideas and goals.  Just do it legally and safely.

"InCamera" is a very good youtube channel.  It really shows what you can do to get the effects you want in a creative way.

Hope it works out well...

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Don't listen to anyone shitting on your ideas and goals.  Just do it legally and safely.

"InCamera" is a very good youtube channel.  It really shows what you can do to get the effects you want in a creative way.

Hope it works out well...

i have all the effects except guns those are the hardest to get 

If you're serious then surely you should be asking these questions on a platform dedicated to film and TV production, rather than one for people running around playing soldiers

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

$12k? Damn it you are never going to get Peta Jensen on board with that! 😭

I hear Traci Lords works for tips these days.

15 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

If you're serious then surely you should be asking these questions on a platform dedicated to film and TV production, rather than one for people running around playing soldiers

Indeed.  It's not unreasonable to ask here, but I'm pretty sure we don't know.  Theatrical forums will have more practical experience.  Heck, you'd be better asking the Airsoft Heretics group on Facebook, they like to do spicy things to airsoft toys.

There was once such a device on the market, but don't ask me what it was called or who made it.

Regardless, it's a terrible idea.

Not only is it an unnecessary fire hazard, and not only would it necessitate having both a charged magazine and an open barrel thus introducing a risk of debris being fired at cast and crew, it still won't look as good as muzzle flash added in post (which I've seen VFX people saying is extremely easy), or indeed as realistic as just not having muzzle flash at all. Good interaction with props by the actors and well thought out foley will do far more for realism that a huge fireball coming out of the muzzle, which it bears repeating is very rare to see in real life.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Floperator said:

a huge fireball coming out of the muzzle, which it bears repeating is very rare to see in real life

The theatrical fantasy.

filmsRruss: Aliens

The actual realit- wait, what?

image.png.2f456af71942630d2d3a34146b355b3b.png

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The theatrical fantasy.

oh ye iv seen muzzle flashes on guns before lol if you shoot at night you can see a flash of light or if you shoot in slowmo you can see it and there are a few slomo scenes i dont like using cgi and wanted to use as many practical effects as possible so thanks for the answers and ill stick to blanks and cgi 

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The theatrical fantasy.

Belt fed machine gun is a bit different to the shotguns that the OP specified  😉

Shot a good few thousand 12 gauge cartridges in my life and have yet to see 18" flames come out of the barrel.

Also I'm sure modifying something to produce a flame which isn't supposed to would give the insurance people a very twitchy bum hole and probably wouldn't be covered if anything went wrong 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.