TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

4 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Someone tell me why I shouldn't treat myself to the A4?

Also, are there any clones of the magpul grip about?

Do it.

And you mean like the one at the top of the last page? Yes.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

On 03/01/2024 at 15:11, rj1986 said:

Someone tell me why I shouldn't treat myself to the A4?

Also, are there any clones of the magpul grip about?

I’ve been trying to resist buying another one myself so I can convert my other SD6 into an SD5.  then have a plain looking A5. 

my  a5 turned into this….the other one ended up with one of my friends 😂

6A881866-0D79-4570-8BCA-6C8C9B4644B2.jpeg

54663C37-2494-4F14-95A1-71D8464357FE.jpeg

Without removing material, the front gets pushed down on my a4

BD56618B-8EE5-4833-A900-616117A5D871.jpeg

98D13085-ADCD-4924-88F2-B7F0F0FE313A.jpeg

My A4 turned up today.

Interesting (i say the word loosely) The Midwest mlok rail repro rail is a bit lose compared to the A5, probably because there is no wire coming out the front to keep it pushed against the frame. A bit of a bodge will be required with tubing and lekky tape.

On 09/01/2024 at 09:23, rj1986 said:

My A4 turned up today.

Interesting (i say the word loosely) The Midwest mlok rail repro rail is a bit lose compared to the A5, probably because there is no wire coming out the front to keep it pushed against the frame. A bit of a bodge will be required with tubing and lekky tape.

Congrats!

I too got my A4 today. 😂

———-

edit: A4 is now an SD5. 

all Marui haha!

Edited by PigDoggy

For the Mp5sd6 users... what are you using to fit a torch? I have seen the Wii Tech rail which fits onto the suppressor but looking for cheaper alternatives (not keen to have it positioned on the top rail).

Thanks. 

Suppressor mount, B&T or LPE.

B&T railed forend for the SD, Wiitech make one, I have one inbound.

Gibbous outfitters do a rather nice mount that goes around the front sight, including a mount for your switches.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

Unless my google-fu has failed the LPE one is discontinued which is irritating given the price and shipping of RS ones from the states and the lack of the old skool surefire ones and the VFC clones thereof.

Edited by hunter511

On 24/01/2024 at 14:32, Wavey_Gravey said:

Suppressor mount, B&T or LPE.

B&T railed forend for the SD, Wiitech make one, I have one inbound.

Gibbous outfitters do a rather nice mount that goes around the front sight, including a mount for your switches.

Thanks for the insight. Can I ask where you managed to find the Wii tech handguard? All retailers that I have seen are sold out... 

8 hours ago, u6c2 said:

Thanks for the insight. Can I ask where you managed to find the Wii tech handguard? All retailers that I have seen are sold out... 

Got the last one from Airsoftglobal 🙂

Ok so as you may have seen. Courtesy of Airsoft Competitions i am the proud owner of a brand new tm mp5 sd6 ngrs.

The sadist in me is hoping to run it like a back up/side army to my tm g3 that has been hpa'd and i use primarily as a dmr. I have ordered a knock off of the sas style concealed holster in the hope it will help keep the mp5 out of the way a bit more (will need to rework my entire woodland webbing kit. I think the thigh holster will be too low for use with the sd6 and currently the kydex one is a bit too pricey at £170.

However my main question is regarding mag compatibilty.

Aside from the tm ngrs mags that activate the cut off. What other mags are compatible as i was looking at the ares 95round mid caps or maybe the battleaxe aut winding mag. I know they will take away the empty cut off feature. But has anyone used them in the ngrs mp5's

As far as I’m aware there’s no mags other than the TM ones.

Also yes, sadist is the word, the SD is heft to lug around as a backup!

10 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

As far as I’m aware there’s no mags other than the TM ones.

Also yes, sadist is the word, the SD is heft to lug around as a backup!

have heard this. Wont know how hefty until the nice man from parcel force delivers it tomorrow.

When you say no mags other than the tm ones are you meaning that work with the cut off. Or full stop. As i can handle the loss of cutoff (he says knowing every mag for his kwa rm4 is a pts one to trigger the cut off)

cheers guys. Ordered 1 of the 200rd high caps just for now. Will have to order some of the midcaps when im not so poor lol.

1 hour ago, ghostwalker said:

cheers guys. Ordered 1 of the 200rd high caps just for now. Will have to order some of the midcaps when im not so poor lol.

yeah they are painful 

Shame about the mags. I have one of the newer ICS MP5A5s (CES-P model), with the etu and short stroke trigger and have found it an excellent, high quality gun. Recommend them, and much cheaper than the TM. Saying that, seeing these new TM MP5 has really tempted me to one of their SDs though. However the thought of buying a totally new set of mags when i already have over 10 standard MP5 mags really puts me off sadly. If they made mag converters like they do for their M4 mags, it might tip me over the fence. 

Woohoo it's arrived from airsoft competitions today.

But what on God's green earth is that battery connector all about. There's me sat with a bunch ofn7.4v lipos all wired to deans and going.....huh

20240131_145408.jpg