TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

Has anybody heard any news about another brand making mags for the TM NGRS MP5? Somebody like PTS or something.

I'm surprised nobody has done it yet especially when the mags have been in such short supply for two years now.

Edited by Dman28

• Supporters

Not seen anything, it might be a bit niche for PTS, maybe, fingers crossed.  From what I've seen generally there's (comparatively) not a ton of different types of mags out there for any of the normal AEGs even less so any of the GBB MP5s.  Don't think there's a clone of the gun itself yet?  That'll be part.  RS wise the standard HKs mags are the only widely known style I'd say, with the old straight 30s a fair bit behind, then maybe a few know of the clear ETS ones.

45 minutes ago, Dman28 said:

Has anybody heard any news about another brand making mags for the TM NGRS MP5? Somebody like PTS or something.

I'm surprised nobody has done it yet especially when the mags have been in such short supply for two years now.

Impulse101 is your best bet or other far east airsoft retailers.

13 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

I can see the release date for the A4 was today - anyone got any leads on preorders or where might have them in?

Impulse101 have them, although you'll almost certainly have to pay import duty on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Finally picked up an MP5 SD6 NGRS, mighty impressed & was certainly taken back as to how well built & chunky it is!

Quick Q if I may, has anyone fitted a Tracer Unit? - presuming its a case of removing the supressor & fitting directly to the thread

Attached a picture, blue arrow pointing to what I'm presuming needs to be removed in order to attach the tracer to the barrel thread - For reference its an AceTech Brighter C Tracer

Please advise if anyone has any experience

Thanks

Mike

MP5 End.pdf

1 hour ago, MikeMarden said:

Hi all

Finally picked up an MP5 SD6 NGRS, mighty impressed & was certainly taken back as to how well built & chunky it is!

Quick Q if I may, has anyone fitted a Tracer Unit? - presuming its a case of removing the supressor & fitting directly to the thread

Attached a picture, blue arrow pointing to what I'm presuming needs to be removed in order to attach the tracer to the barrel thread - For reference its an AceTech Brighter C Tracer

Please advise if anyone has any experience

Thanks

Mike

MP5 End.pdf 69.78 kB · 3 downloads

Something like THIS would be the easiest solution but I don't know if there is a difference between cyma and marui dimensions regarding that suppressor.

Quite a few people do 3D printing on this forum so if that thing doesn't fit properly or wobbles when you move the gun you could still ask around here to get custom inserts.

I think Airtac makes custom work as well but probably it takes some time to get them.

Edited by Krisz

I’ve just got an Acetech mini tracer unit (Lighter S iirc ) fitted in mine , directly to the -14mm thread that is under that cap you’ve highlighted , then the outer screwed back on . Works perfectly and you don’t even know it’s there till you need it , like just now 😛

On 05/11/2023 at 18:21, Jacob Wright said:

Magazines in stock at Eagle 6 👍🏼 (ignore the bit that says pre-order)

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/6870/s/tokyo-marui-mp5a5-ngrs-magazine-72rd-pre-order-eta-late-august/

Thanks for the heads up. the lack of mag availability was stopping me getting an MP5A5. placed the order Monday mags turned up today.  so i have mags before I have a gun. that's on the way from Wolf Armoires. Other than the TM claw mount anyone suggest a mount that will fit? 

PXL_20231108_114347249.jpg

• Supporters

I mean that's the same for everything in this lark 😂 but airsoft stuff is too cheap to ever say anything much with certainty, hell probably applies to the likes of Magpul too I'd imagine they pump out millions of plastic bits per year so there's gonna be tolerance wobble.  I'm sure someone here said their Magpul handguard dropped on easily, whereas with the one I have it can just about be persuaded on and is then one major sweary effort to remove, totally not viable for game use and currently being filed and sanded in to submission.  On the other hand my VFC old school Surefire style lighted handguard fits great and just needed a hairs width of plastic reaming out of the pin hole to work perfectly, but I'd bet other people who try other examples of that handguard on their own TMs will have different experience.  I had to have a LOT of work done to a real collapsible F stock to get it to fit, not a good idea at all.

Personally my sum up is that I'd only expect TM NGRS MP5 stuff to just drop in, maybe the couple of laylax bits.  RS and VFC GBB stuff is often close enough to be viable after work, but probably expect it to not fit out of the box.  I don't think any other AEG MP5 stuff is viable except maybe some optics mounts but probably with work.  If you approach it like that, you hopefully won't go super far wrong.

Fair point, quality control just isn’t what it used to be 😂

I’m glad to hear the VFC Surefire grips might fit without too much of an issue, just need to source one now. 

8 hours ago, BigStew said:

Thanks for the heads up. the lack of mag availability was stopping me getting an MP5A5. placed the order Monday mags turned up today.  so i have mags before I have a gun. that's on the way from Wolf Armoires. Other than the TM claw mount anyone suggest a mount that will fit? 

PXL_20231108_114347249.jpg

Cyma MP5/G3 claw mount fits perfectly and rock solid. Cyma extended m-lok didn't stay in place due the gun's recoil and it doesn't fully held by those metal tabs on the upper receiver so it's waste of money. Haven't tried Marui ones.

Edited by Krisz

3 hours ago, BigStew said:

possibly the nicest AEG i have ever held.

PXL_20231110_122226388.jpg

I concur, TM build quality is already top quality but I was really impressed with the feel and weight of the MP5. Can’t wait to use it!

40mm railed ring from Amazon to mount a camera on. Had to bend them a little to accommodate the wider diameter of the can. I added some electrical tape to the back of the ring to provide grip and avoid scratches on the SD’s factory finish.

9E928408-FAE5-4866-8753-A33D4823ECC3.jpeg

DE2DA9ED-B27C-4065-A382-7DC10BE40F77.png

On 13/10/2023 at 08:04, Wavey_Gravey said:

You can now get a Magpul style lower for these 😮😮03015FA2-3F20-49B1-9B5A-9E552227CADC.thumb.jpeg.69b598c46a9ab2b25c0db4fef2a7b508.jpeg

I hope they end up being more readily available. It’s essentially the only thing I need to complete this thing. 

11AF8ADD-5399-4CE0-965B-5FEB87094C2C.jpeg

5 hours ago, PigDoggy said:

40mm railed ring from Amazon to mount a camera on. Had to bend them a little to accommodate the wider diameter of the can. I added some electrical tape to the back of the ring to provide grip and avoid scratches on the SD’s factory finish.

9E928408-FAE5-4866-8753-A33D4823ECC3.jpeg

DE2DA9ED-B27C-4065-A382-7DC10BE40F77.png

May I ask which Claw Mount you're using please?