TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

Solder Flux/Paste is well worth having if you do regular soldering.

I duno this brand but an example: Solder Flux Paste to Avoid Dry Joints - 20g: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I have this one and this tin has lasted literally years: Fluxite Soldering Paste – Shepherd Miniatures

Just dip the wire into it before soldering.

Edited by EDcase

That may be it, I didn’t use any flux and even though I pre-tinned the connectors and wire they would just slide off after I attempted to solder them on. 

I’ll get some flux and attempt to modify the supplied adapter maybe. 

• Supporters
On 14/11/2023 at 18:05, TheFull9 said:

It's always possible I'm missing something but I wouldn't say an SD with fixed stock is inevitable.  Certainly possible, but it's not like they remix every possible parts combo and sell it in a box, that'd be untold 1000s of gun SKUs.  If there is another factory rear wired option released I'd guess at maybe an AKX style monster with M-LOK up front (emphasis on the maybe).  I don't know if there's some weird MP5-a-like in a Resident Evil game but..

They're doing an A4 so I'd say it's only a matter of time (given what we were discussing about their penchant for rinse and repeat with the MWS)

11 minutes ago, Lozart said:

They're doing an A4 so I'd say it's only a matter of time (given what we were discussing about their penchant for rinse and repeat with the MWS)

Yeah they will do every variant they can it makes the most financial sense. I am wondering if they could pull off a MP5K with battery in the foregrip. I mainly have my fingers crossed for H&K G3 variants at some point in the future.

Edited by BigStew

On 15/11/2023 at 12:20, Jacob Wright said:

Before I utterly f*ck the ECU in my MP5, does this layout for the connectors look correct? Singled out pin on the MR30 for positive to the vertical pin on the deans? I'm like 99.9% sure but want to check 😅

IMG_2369.jpeg

I'd never expose negative and positive at the same time. You can short your battery/gun if you manage to touch them with each other.

Edited by Krisz

47 minutes ago, Krisz said:

I'd never expose negative and positive at the same time. You can short your battery/gun if you manage to touch them with each other.

Lucky that it’s just a connector then!

Cheers, made that mistake before and won’t do it again 👍🏼

had a look at the A4 this weekend and they have removed the wiring from the front handguard and put the wiring for the battery in the full stock. plenty of room in there for a big battery. Downside is you can't easily swap out the stock for something that folds without rewiring the AEG.

Yeap. That’s how it is. On the up side, you can install any handguard system you want as the battery compartment won’t be an issue.

you always have a choice to just get a full stock for the mp5a5 if you don’t want to deal with re-wiring back to the front. Down side….lack of battery space depending on the handguard system you’ll be running (specially if it’s a rail system).

7 hours ago, PigDoggy said:

Yeap. That’s how it is. On the up side, you can install any handguard system you want as the battery compartment won’t be an issue.

you always have a choice to just get a full stock for the mp5a5 if you don’t want to deal with re-wiring back to the front. Down side….lack of battery space depending on the handguard system you’ll be running (specially if it’s a rail system).

CYMA full stocks fit like a glove iirc

Home safe with the baby. About to perform surgery. 

9C3CB9FB-3B2B-4B92-BF5A-AE1410AC3307.jpeg

surgery done… just swapped the spring.

just an FYI, the bore of the piston is on the smaller side… I’ve been using zci sp100 springs as they are within .5mm in diameter bigger than stock. I run a sub 350 fps setup. My other mp5’s shoot between 275-285 FPS with .25g bbs (hop already set). Supposedly eagle6 springs work well with the gun but I only have their sp90 springs. 

Edited by PigDoggy

So I rummaged through the box and found a piece of plastic that I had no idea what it’s for. Upon inspection, I realized that it was a tool for pulling the stock pin out! Pretty neat inclusion….

I’m sure it’s all in the manual but meh. 😂

On 15/11/2023 at 12:20, Jacob Wright said:

Before I utterly f*ck the ECU in my MP5, does this layout for the connectors look correct? Singled out pin on the MR30 for positive to the vertical pin on the deans? I'm like 99.9% sure but want to check 😅

IMG_2369.jpeg

The ngrs has an mr30 connector?

That's interesting and bizarre.

You want a decent sized bit and good wattage for these types of connectors, plug a spare connector into the other end that you are soldering incase you overheat it.

Edited by Sewdhull

Yeah comes wired to an MR30 as standard - I’m assuming to allow the ECU to monitor the battery level?

Gave up making a connector due to my shite soldering, the Eagle 6 one has been spot on. 

2 hours ago, thatboylewis said:

hi guys, the mp5 has been out for a while now so was just wondering what are people's favourite options with regards to top rails and handrails for more mounting options.. thanks :) 

The biggest concern with railed handguards is the battery compartment. 

not so much of an issue with the mp5a4 as it’s wired to the back….the sd6 currently only has the option of running the wii tech b&t type railed handguard.

the a5 will be able to use Midwest industries handguards but you’ll have to find nunChuck batteries that fit it. Other railed handguards have the same issue….not a concern id you’re willing to run a peq box for battery storage.

I personally just run the Marui mp5 scope mounts as it’s  Marui spec. People have ran Midwest industries extended top rail as well as the Laylax full length top rail.

the laylax top rail will make the mp5 chunky. I opted to chop it to allow for a front flip and rear flip up sights (middle mp5 in the attached pic).

1C3EAB1E-D269-4A48-9D7E-D09FEDD31F2F.jpeg

10 hours ago, thatboylewis said:

hi guys, the mp5 has been out for a while now so was just wondering what are people's favourite options with regards to top rails and handrails for more mounting options.. thanks :) 

Cyma MP5/G3 claw mount is rock solid. Cyma extended m-lok didn't stay in place due recoil so that was wasted 35 quid for me personally.

None of the aftermarket handguards are generous regarding battery space but for me Midwest repro (Wii-Tech) offered absolute fuck all so I sold it and I bought a Magpul SL instead. More importantly you should solder your battery to mr30 because you save a lot of space not using that tamiya to mr30 adaptor.

Edited by Krisz