• Supporters
7 hours ago, Iceni said:

Some sites even go so far as to have a ban on running from grenades. So if one gets thrown at you - You take it. It stops people trying to turn and run, potentially causing accidents both to themselves and others. At the end of the day that person has just spend like £3 to kill you. If someone chucked a chocolate bar at me, I think the marshal would be getting it, And I'd be expecting him to share.

not so sure on running from grenades, but i would agree with a ban on trying to throw them back, had it happen with a fella tried to throw it back assuming it wasn't going to go off, fortunately it was a thunder b (which is why he assumed it had failed) and he was wearing decent gloves so no no actual harm done.

The Gaol has a varient of the surrender kill.

Basically if your close to someone, say 3 metres, and shout surrender its up to them to take it or try to shoot you.  Basically, its a courtesy they may refuse so be prepared to shoot or be shot.

Within a metre the rule on surrender is compulsory.  There are a lot of close quarters encounters there and pitch black areas.  So basically if your gun is up, aimed at someone point blank, you are to surrender.  So really only used if there is no chance of you not winning the engagement if the trigger gets pulled.

I have never seen anyone there offer surrender besides when they are close enough to poke someone with their gnu barrel.

Prevents american style running round corners and into rooms screaming 'bang bang' like some rambo/neo hybrid who thinks they are invincible.  In my opinion that sort of behaviour  removes any skill in the game.

Edited by kasaran
On 02/04/2021 at 01:42, Iceni said:

Some sites even go so far as to have a ban on running from grenades. So if one gets thrown at you - You take it. It stops people trying to turn and run, potentially causing accidents both to themselves and others. At the end of the day that person has just spend like £3 to kill you. If someone chucked a chocolate bar at me, I think the marshal would be getting it, And I'd be expecting him to share.

I hate that rule. You should definitely be allowed to run from grenades. Picking them up and throwing them back, on the other hand, shouldn't be allowed and I'm glad my local site runs it that way as that's dangerous; if it goes off in your hand (which has a decent probability) then that's going to do some real damage.

On 02/04/2021 at 10:44, kasaran said:

The Gaol has a varient of the surrender kill.

Basically if your close to someone, say 3 metres, and shout surrender its up to them to take it or try to shoot you.  Basically, its a courtesy they may refuse so be prepared to shoot or be shot.

Within a metre the rule on surrender is compulsory.  There are a lot of close quarters encounters there and pitch black areas.  So basically if your gun is up, aimed at someone point blank, you are to surrender.  So really only used if there is no chance of you not winning the engagement if the trigger gets pulled.

I have never seen anyone there offer surrender besides when they are close enough to poke someone with their gnu barrel.

Prevents american style running round corners and into rooms screaming 'bang bang' like some rambo/neo hybrid who thinks they are invincible.  In my opinion that sort of behaviour  removes any skill in the game.

The gun up thing makes sense. At The Mall I have lost count of the amount of times someone has come into a room with me in it maybe shot a mate and I had no chance so called myself hit before I got shot.

likewise I managed to clear a small room or two without having to take an actual shot. 

But then that was all down to player choice, we agreed to surrender/call hit before getting a stinger in the knackers.
It wasn’t an actual site rule but made sense for all involved and caused no issues for the players involved or the game as a whole. 

And regarding my dummy grenade mention, I have seen vids where an unprimed BFG gets posted through a door with a shout of “GRENADE” so all in the room are aware and stops people getting confused with old mk5s lying around.

I still think it’s easier for people’s ears, cheaper and easier than priming hard nades after each throw and stops the costs of second hand TRMRs going through the roof :D 

I have asked people to surrender when I have crept up on them and have the barrel almost touching them, as it is more polite than a point blank shot!

I have also been given the option, and was very glad of it, when 4 people with NODS managed to walk up right behind me at Cope Hill Down in a very dark building! I turned around to see the distant street light glinting off the business ends of four M4s inches from my chest 😬

On 03/04/2021 at 14:54, Impulse said:

I hate that rule. You should definitely be allowed to run from grenades. Picking them up and throwing them back, on the other hand, shouldn't be allowed and I'm glad my local site runs it that way as that's dangerous; if it goes off in your hand (which has a decent probability) then that's going to do some real damage.

I concur with never throwing back, ((do as I say, not as I do))

The pictures below are a team mate - he’s not throwing back, but had a faulty Mk9 where the factory had contaminated the striker fuse with grains of the detonator. Instead of the fuse burning down it blew as soon as it was ignited.

Due to quality gloves he only ripped his gloves apart instead of his skin

368DB41F-2453-4389-8017-5401745457FC.jpeg.9d361ca1fbab2e6dbafcc1f167af60c6.jpegD183942A-D88E-4380-AD75-B048F81965A0.jpeg.d5141badb86bcab004c897c09206ccf1.jpeg

(I don’t think that brand exists anymore, or if they do then there’s been a name change)

You never know how long a grenade has to go

If it’s a mk5 or mk9 then it’s made up of layers of paper that will mostly direct the bang for noise and flash ‘vertically’ (depending on orientation), if it’s a reusable then it’s the ‘exhaust’ and if it’s smoke then it’s probably going to get hottest after the smoke has finished.