Which Is You Favourite Manufacturer?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Ideally I want the WWSD from Brownells/InRange in airsoft form, but there's no chance of that.

YES! I would love the 2020 version of the 'What Would Stoner Do' in airsoft form. Love the video series too, so much thought and testing going into component selection.

Personally it's H&K closely followed by Sig... 

I'll also give Colt Canada and Desert tech a mention for producing some seriously cool toys.

• Supporters
On 27/07/2020 at 04:58, osteoshot said:

Unfortunately pistol wise there is nothing better than a Glock 

Hasnt been that way for a few years now. Ask me 5 years ago and Id agree. However nowadays theres a reason the SEALs went to the P226 and the Army has gone to the P320. Sig has really been knocking it out of the park in the past few years.

Now i have a bit of experience, working for a Military/LEO training academy, as well as having access to my own toys. Here in the US my options for real toys is a bit more extensive than across the pond. Sig is quickly becoming my favorite shooting company. But heres a breakdown of what I own and what I use.

Pistols: for training its my S&W M&P9 Pro. Its had slight trigger work done and fiber optic sights; otherwise its stock. Ive recorded myself shooting it as fast as a split time of .16 seconds. If I was to shoot a compeition though id use a different gun. For a straight up pistol comp id be hard pressed to choose between my Wilson Combat 9mm 2011, or my Sig P320 Legion. Both are phenomenal guns. For a PCC/pistol hybrid match id go with my G19X. Not as smooth as the other three, but still up there. The first Glock I actually liked to shoot. The reason Id use it is magazine compatibility. Ill come more into this when I talk about PCC. My carry brings me back to Sig. I carry a P365 with a thumb safety. Small, large ammo capacity, good sights, comfortable grip. Its just a nice small gun.

Now. PCCs. These are my bread and butter. I own like 10. 2 Colt 9mm ARs, Kriss Vector, Sig MPX, Kalashnikov USA KR-9, Keltec Sub-2000, Flux Defense MP-17 (PCC version of a Sig P320), and a few others I dont really use. Im actually thinking of saving up and getting one of the recently released SP5s (Civi MP5s). Because why not - though the approx 3 grand price tag will make it easily the most expensive gun I own). Of them, the Kriss is my favorite to shoot. No contest. The 45* bolt is great, theres almost no muzzle rise, I can share mags with Glocks, and I can dump a 32 round mag into a torso at 15m in under 10 sec. The KR-9 is actually a close second in that regard. Very nice to shoot, unlike most AKs. Almost a competition-level trigger out of the box. The MPX is the one I'd take to war though. Accurate, small, compact, and a great shooter. Ive shot and won many matches with it. The Keltec is my car gun; folded up it sits between my door and seat. 4 second deployment and I have a 16in barreled rifle ready to go. The final one to talk about is the MP-17. The shortest of the bunch, and the least comfortable to shoot. But it gets the job done, and the fact that it can be holstered is nice too. Its a cool thing to whip out to show friends, and its what sits by my bed at night. But I wouldn't shoot a comp with it, nor pick it as a go to war gun. Ill also probably pick up an EVO because why not, and who knows? Maybe a Beretta CX-4. 

Rifles: not as big a fan of these. Nothing against them, I just have maybe a 1/10 of the hours behind them that I do with PCCs, and those are about a 1/10 of the time ive had behind pistols. I own a few tricked out ARs of various makes, two MCXs, a mk16 and mk17, an AR-10, and various others. 7.62 is fun and all, but its a go to war round. Expensive to waste ammo with at the range, so those two dont get much range time. I will say though - now that FN has ironed out the issues with the original SCARs the mk17 shoots as well as a 556, and I like that. Now, if you havent shot a SCAR before though, youll likely break your thumb. That bolt reciprocates and will wallop you. I got lucky and only wacked myself. Now my SCARs are set up AK style. The MCXs are both a dream to shoot. The first is 556 and is a standard pistol variant. The second is chambered in 300 Blackout (though I do also have a 556 barrel setup) and is a Virtus. Whenever I have to demo long guns Ill use one of these. ARs are ARs, I dont need to talk about them. Ive also shot AUGs, Tavors, AKs, Galils, Fn2000s, m14s, and many more. Ill own some of them someday; the AUG is the nicest Bullpup Ive ever shot. The Tavor couldn't hold a zero at 100 yrds. The AKs always fall apart. Sure you can just stick them back together, but having to find your charging handle in the middle of a gunfight isnt ideal. Accuracy is also subpar stock. I also own an SKS, Lee Enfield, M14, M1 Para, and a ton of other guns I didn't mention as they are either collectors pieces (like my German 32 Auto Mauser), or are only used to train special groups (like the Japanese police force and their revolvers two years ago). 

Shotguns: never liked them. Im as accurate with a PCC as am I with a shotty, shottys are useless for hostage situations, and have far less range. They hold less ammo, kick a lot more, and are no deadlier than any of my 9mms. I only own two - a Keltec KSG and a Remington M870. The 870 for training purposes, as thats what all the LEO units use. I almost never shoot them for fun, though if I hunted or did more three gun matches I would use them more. Just not my thing.

So in total my numbers that I often shoot are:

7 Sigs

3 FNs

3 S&Ws

1 Glock

1 Kriss

2 Keltecs

1 Wilson

1 Klashnikov

If they werent so bloody expensive no doubt Id have a couple of HKs in there - the SP5 and MR308 at the top of that list.

Ill be at the range for the first time since March next week after our range got shut down due to the Military stay-at-home order, so Im itching to just break out everything and spend a few days wasting ammo haha. If anyone wants pics of anything or videos let me know. 

Oh completely forgot about IWI. The Tavor can fuck off but the Uzi, Negev and all 5.56 and .308 galils are the shit. I love all of them from the old wood and stamped steel originals right up to the modern polymer galils

Chiappa. 

Because they make an outstanding reproduction of a Spencer carbine, an 1860 and an 1887 model winchester. 

I seriously want a colt navy, a Spencer carbine, a yellow boy and an 1887 in real steel. Just on a waiting list for the local gun club.

1 hour ago, osteoshot said:

Are they not replacing the sig with the glock 19? 

If memory serves they used to use the Sig P226, and I think they went to the Glock 19 for a little, but these days they're using the Sig P228 if I recall correctly.

I've read that some members still use the Colt MEU along with a variety of other side arms. The impression given from what I've read appears to be that groups such as the SEALs have a fair amount of latitude in terms of side arm.

• Supporters
On 28/07/2020 at 10:34, Skara said:

Well..

There is, if you're willing to drop a shitload of money on custom made parts + a HPA engine to keep the weight down.

The lower is the key part of course and the one thing that's rather infeasible to build in to an airsoft gun right now, in any manner realistically viable for a non-millionaire.  Obviously with 3D printing it could be done with enough time and money (the more of both the more accurate the result), but given the popularity and how many moulded plastic parts are made for airsoft I reckon it's not impossible an airsoft copy of the lower might appear eventually, in which case it'd really sting if someone went out of their way to make one beforehand.  Just looking in to my magical crystal BB here, we shall see ofc.

On 28/07/2020 at 11:00, Adolf Hamster said:

You can do an "in spirit" replication of it for airsoft.

I am kind of tempted to try and get my hands on the proper handguard/lower reciever at some point.

Faxon did just re-stock the 13" handguards the other day, I'm very close to buying one.

@TheFull9 the lower is doable, but I reckon it's going to be a bitch to fit a gearbox inside.

And yes, the moment someone actually spends time and money into creating a viable design, I'm pretty sure there'll be some cunt company like Ares or Nuprol blatantly stealing said design.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

The lower is the key part of course and the one thing that's rather infeasible to build in to an airsoft gun right now, in any manner realistically viable for a non-millionaire.  Obviously with 3D printing it could be done with enough time and money (the more of both the more accurate the result), but given the popularity and how many moulded plastic parts are made for airsoft I reckon it's not impossible an airsoft copy of the lower might appear eventually, in which case it'd really sting if someone went out of their way to make one beforehand.  Just looking in to my magical crystal BB here, we shall see ofc.

reckon if you can find an upper that sits nice, using an original lower wouldn't be too hard, if you're building on an hpa base then the engine can sit in the upper and all you need to do is find a way of mounting a microswitch to the trigger.

i did mount a carbon handguard to my "in spirit" recreation, although it's a somewhat heretical cludge made of a bit of tube i definately didn't lift out of a skip....

really the objectives are accuracy, light weight (using modern materials where possible) and good balance.

36 minutes ago, Skara said:

And yes, the moment someone actually spends time and money into creating a viable design, I'm pretty sure there'll be some cunt company like Ares or Nuprol blatantly stealing said design.

as with all airsoft creations i give it about 2 weeks.....

8 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

ares honey badger

Love mine, maybe we both got lucky and didn't get a lemon :P

The Bell one is more accurate to the real deal, though..

Beretta for me. 

Always my first choice for a shotgun, they just handle the best. 

The 92fs is to me the prettiest modern handgun of the last century. They're also one of the few gun companies to incorporate real aesthetic design into guns, where else do you find Giugiaro design on a firearm? 

• Head Moderator

It has to Heckler & Koch.  German engineering, good design, functional, and reliable. Carrying H&K gives you a confidence plus bonus because no matter the situation you know the weapon will work. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.