Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cr0-Magnon

Misheard Phrases.

Recommended Posts

Which ones do you come across whether it be online or not, which make you teeter between laughing and crying?

 

The most common one I see is "I could care less"

 

Also on another forum someone just used this could be a "Blessing in the skies" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Mongs saying "pacific" instead of "specific"

 

Yes! All the damn time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duno if this counts but its annoying when people write there when they mean their (possession) or they're (they are)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Duno if this counts but its annoying when people write there when they mean their (possession) or they're (they are)

 

Sadly I think in the not too distant future, children won't be taught the difference. Same with you're and your.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

Rest bite instead of respite....gahhhhhghhgggggg

 

A rest bite? Isn't that what Bulldogs have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the kids at my Nephews nursery would say "please subscribe" rather than bye. Transpires it's because he watches so many YouTube videos he genuinely thought that's how you ended a conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Finishing a sentence with "Sooooo.........." Insta-Hate from me for that.

Similar pet hate, when people say "yea" after every sentence when explaining something.

 

"I went down to the supermarket yea, and this girl came up to me yea. She told me there was an accident yea, asked me to call an ambulance yea."

 

Sorry, stop right there, turn around and kindly fuck off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a different tack, but it appears that something was ‘mis heard’ ......

 

 

I help out with friends who trade at shows, and was at Olympia comicon a coupe of weeks ago.

I gave some additional customer service helping a lady choose a couple of gifts, then taking card payment I offered her the opportunity to have a text or email receipt ... and of course let her know that personal data was not kept by us, her phone number was going into the PayPal machine only, and that PayPal May retain it for future payments  but we don’t. If she wants to be kept in touch then to like us on Facebook ....

 

as I enter her phone number, I show the screen to confirm it’s right and also show that I haven’t ticked ‘save customer details’

 

.... and as her phone beeps with the incoming text, she walks away with a glint in her eye and says “Oh, you could ‘accidentally call ..... name... later”

 

..... No I can’t - like us on Facebook like I told you to

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tommikka said:

.... and as her phone beeps with the incoming text, she walks away with a glint in her eye and says “Oh, you could ‘accidentally call ..... name... later”

 

..... No I can’t - like us on Facebook like I told you to

 

She obviously knew you are an airsofter. Being active in the coolest hobby around drives the ladies wild!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

 

She obviously knew you are an airsofter. Being active in the coolest hobby around drives the ladies wild!

No. She worked out that I’m a paintballer who does stuff with airsofters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2020 at 11:14, Cr0-Magnon said:

The most common one I see is "I could care less"

This seems to be a US thing and no matter how many times people explain it to them, they just don't get it.

 

Another one is "mind your business" instead of "mind your own business".  It's just really odd when they leave out own.

 

Also, if you've not watched Trailer Park Boys, you need to.  One of the characters is constantly getting sayings mixed up and comes up with hilarious stuff.

 

https://trailerpark.fandom.com/wiki/Rickyisms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a misheard issue (sorry), but "Know what I mean?" really rattles my cage.

 

Guy outside my work recently, chatting with his colleague and adding "know I mean?" to the end of  every damn sentence - and sometimes even at the start of them. Really had to bite my lip. Almost turned to him and said: "Yes, I think your mate here and everyone else is very fucking clear about what you mean - it's not that complicated!"

 

Honestly, getting old is a terrible thing. My patience is waning, lads 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Not a misheard issue (sorry), but "Know what I mean?" really rattles my cage.

 

Guy outside my work recently, chatting with his colleague and adding "know I mean?" to the end of  every damn sentence - and sometimes even at the start of them. Really had to bite my lip. Almost turned to him and said: "Yes, I think your mate here and everyone else is very fucking clear about what you mean - it's not that complicated!"

 

Honestly, getting old is a terrible thing. My patience is waning, lads 😐

My mechanic also says that after EVERY sentence 😂

I just nod constantly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first transferred to London with my job, a young guy I worked with began almost all of his sentences with 'Raah'. I thought he was calling me 'Raul' for ages, got to the point where I couldn't be asked to correct him. Then I discovered it's a thing that kids say now. 'Rah'. Christ I'm getting old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2020 at 16:59, EDcase said:

My mechanic also says that after EVERY sentence 😂

I just nod constantly

It's right up there with "get me doh" & "innit".

On the plus side, these fucktards make me sound intelligent 🤓

On 18/03/2020 at 16:54, Uncle Pauly said:

Not a misheard issue (sorry), but "Know what I mean?" really rattles my cage.

 

Guy outside my work recently, chatting with his colleague and adding "know I mean?" to the end of  every damn sentence - and sometimes even at the start of them. Really had to bite my lip. Almost turned to him and said: "Yes, I think your mate here and everyone else is very fucking clear about what you mean - it's not that complicated!"

 

Honestly, getting old is a terrible thing. My patience is waning, lads 😐

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...