Adolf Hamster

Hamster’s guide to the (sort of) science of pew pewing!

Lovely, thanks.  +1 from me.  There's far too much magical thinking in airsoft, let's get some physics up in its face-pro.

I'm never saying backspin again, it's angular velocity from now on. ;)

23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm never saying backspin again, it's angular velocity from now on. ;)

you have a keen eye sir, mis-naming my variables :P

Sorry I could not be arsed to read all that. And your wrong, it's all wrong and you'll have to start again including the diagrams. I need it by 5:00pm

11 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Sorry I could not be arsed to read all that. And your wrong, it's all wrong and you'll have to start again including the diagrams. I need it by 5:00pm

sorry sir, i can't get it done by 5.00pm today, would 5.00pm on monday be ok?

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

sorry sir, i can't get it done by 5.00pm today, would 5.00pm on monday be ok?

Well that's just not good enough. 

This is a fantastic post and I love the detail you've gone to in the physics and the way you've explained the various forces etc. my next project at some point will be an r-hop because the results I've found with a flat hop are fantastic.

1 hour ago, AndyDynamic said:

This is a fantastic post and I love the detail you've gone to in the physics and the way you've explained the various forces etc. my next project at some point will be an r-hop because the results I've found with a flat hop are fantastic.

thanks man.

the rhop is fantastic, i tried dropping one in the m4 just for the sake of experimenting and honestly of all the money and parts that gun's had the rhop was the one that made the difference.

admittedly i got lucky and it worked perfectly first time, but considering it's running the short barrel of unknown provenance and still shooting laser beam straight it's defo worthy of the effort.

Very helpful and informative! The misconceptions part is very helpful because it contains things that are oftentimes misunderstand. The nerd-time really boggled my mind but cleared it at the same time.