THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, occidio said:
Have others experienced that they can not lift .43g bb´s? w. Maple Leaf rubber?
I have tried  with maple leaf autobot and MR rubber and with org nub with a cord inside to make it hard and with the maple leaf nub. in 2 MWS rifles
It lifts nicely .36g with the hupup about halfway. I can see the hopup comes further down when i adjust it, but it's like that the bb dont get more back spin, does the BB sit so far forward in the chamber that it does not hit it properly? Does anyone have an idea?

A SixG brass nub would be for first suggestion, eliminate all squish from the nub.

What durometer rubber are you running? Maybe worth trying a harder or softer one?

I have never run anything over 0.36g so can't offer a definite answer sorry! 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, occidio said:
I have tried  with maple leaf autobot and MR rubber and with org nub with a cord inside to make it hard and with the maple leaf nub. in 2 MWS rifles
It lifts nicely .36g with the hupup about halfway. I can see the hopup comes further down when i adjust it, but it's like that the bb dont get more back spin, does the BB sit so far forward in the chamber that it does not hit it properly? Does anyone have an idea?

which degree rubber are you running and what sort of energy output are you getting?

i find the maple leaf 50 degree (green) can lift up to .48g at 1j, so with lighter ammo and higher energy you could look at the 60 degree (tan)

20 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

Go get a Guns Modify or G&P unit I personally went with the G&P because in Hongkong they have a 2.0J limit so their products are made for higher pressure not making it to Japan's 1.3J standard and saying its green gas compatible. Because I like to believe but not certain that they stress test the products at higher rates before selling them.

Would you have any links to these? I assume I can just drop one of these units into the Marui bolt carrier itself or are these complete BCGs?

I’ve been reading up this morning as a matter of fact. Cheapest way is to get the G&P drop in nozzle set which should fit into the stock Marui bolt. But then I’m thinking I may as well get the complete G&P bolt carrier group. It’s all built for you so just simply drop it in. Decisions, decisions....

Also perhaps a G&P 3.5 nozzle valve kit too perhaps ?

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I’ve been reading up this morning as a matter of fact. Cheapest way is to get the G&P drop in nozzle set which should fit into the stock Marui bolt. But then I’m thinking I may as well get the complete G&P bolt carrier group. It’s all built for you so just simply drop it in. Decisions, decisions....

Just be aware that they make 2 versions of the BCG 1-for their stock tube and 1-for marui's

I would bet its for civilian sized stocks whereas the Tokyo marui is in between civilian/ military size

Screenshot_20201004-024227_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-024535_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-024809_Firefox.jpg

8 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I’m also curious to see if anyone has experience with this bcg. I’m still in the process of fixing/returning my AG bolt but if I do return it, I’ll probably buy one of the G&P complete bcg sets and do some kind of review. 

I intend on putting one of the g&p adjustable valves in my original bolt and use that for outdoors/1.5+ Joules, then use the g&p bcg for cqb/indoors where improved gas efficiency and cyclic rate is more important for me. Only issue for me with the g&p bolt is the damn shipping costs! 

Yeah i would buy anything G&P because field limitations are 2.0J in Hongkong so you know it can take the abuse over stock Japan's 0.98J

1 hour ago, Greenworks said:

I’m also curious to see if anyone has experience with this bcg. I’m still in the process of fixing/returning my AG bolt but if I do return it, I’ll probably buy one of the G&P complete bcg sets and do some kind of review. 

I intend on putting one of the g&p adjustable valves in my original bolt and use that for outdoors/1.5+ Joules, then use the g&p bcg for cqb/indoors where improved gas efficiency and cyclic rate is more important for me. Only issue for me with the g&p bolt is the damn shipping costs! 

Don’t forget the customs charge and of course that parcelforce handling fee of £12 on top.  

I may wait till Black Friday now. May get some more discounts especially if it’s $169 for a complete bolt. 

1 hour ago, Marroksteel said:

Just be aware that they make 2 versions of the BCG 1-for their stock tube and 1-for marui's

I would bet its for civilian sized stocks whereas the Tokyo marui is in between civilian/ military size

Screenshot_20201004-024227_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-024535_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-024809_Firefox.jpg

Thanks for the heads up the different sizes that’s good to know. 

11 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Don’t forget the customs charge and of course that parcelforce handling fee of £12 on top.  

I may wait till Black Friday now. May get some more discounts especially if it’s $169 for a complete bolt. 

Thanks for the heads up the different sizes that’s good to know. 

Lucky for me I live in Sweden so customs charge will be around £12 flat if they declare the value of the package to be what it actually is. Shipping cost is around £20 for JKArmy "standard service" (whatever the hell that is, probably airmail). WGCshop actually sell the BCG for slightly cheaper (£120/$154) on backorder but they're out of stock of the G&P 4.5 valve so JKArmy is probably my best bet.  

32 minutes ago, ajumma said:

Lucky for me I live in Sweden so customs charge will be around £12 flat if they declare the value of the package to be what it actually is. Shipping cost is around £20 for JKArmy "standard service" (whatever the hell that is, probably airmail). WGCshop actually sell the BCG for slightly cheaper (£120/$154) on backorder but they're out of stock of the G&P 4.5 valve so JKArmy is probably my best bet.  

Standard service is normal airmail or in this case HK post so can take from 10 days plus. EMS and DHL will be here within 5 days. However due to Covid EMS times were well buggered so many people used the DHL route. You’ll be paying $30usd more the faster shipping. That’s lost beer money 😂

I’ve got a stock nozzle nozzle (to replace the one I buggered up) coming In from Taiwan as a matter of fact probably about 10 days or so. I used bang bang airsoft lol. However I’m seriously considering the whole G&P bolt carrier group too. In the U.K. the max limit is 350fps so the 3.5 npas I believe is what’s needed. 

Well I'll make it simple for people with the power of mitutoyo. For the green gas mod cut 33mm or more (depending on your preference) above the brass fitting.

received_905867013272148.jpeg

received_343301940209700.jpeg

received_3081138422113212.jpeg

Chaps, is the bolt carrier group the same dimensions for all the MWS models. I’ve got the CQBR version so wanted to confirm that if something says compatable with MWS M4A1 it means by default CQBR too. 

36 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Chaps, is the bolt carrier group the same dimensions for all the MWS models. I’ve got the CQBR version so wanted to confirm that if something says compatable with MWS M4A1 it means by default CQBR too. 

Yep, only difference is the length of the outer barrel and the stock.

On 02/10/2020 at 15:59, AlphaBear said:

Anyone used the Angry Gun nozzle in their MWS? If so any reviews on it? In fact has anyone used any other nozzle than the stock Marui?

4FB05683-DC3B-4418-9740-E81996A9220A.png

I use this in one of my bolts to run in both mws and MTR. Works really well I find. I tried the normal npas route but then my nozzle packed in, so this was the obvious replacement for me.

OK, best BB's to use in these beasts? I understand a GBBR is quite brutal in loading bb's one needs to use the hardest almost most perfect bb's out here. I foolishly used Nuprol RZR 0.28's which I believe shattered and caused my nozzle and rubber to go tit's up.... So without further adieu what is it you chaps recommend? Geoff's super precision I assume are the best to use? Incidentally, I spoke to firesupport and they said use a hard bb and said G&G 0.28's and higher are very good for GBBRs?

26 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

OK, best BB's to use in these beasts? I understand a GBBR is quite brutal in loading bb's one needs to use the hardest almost most perfect bb's out here. I foolishly used Nuprol RZR 0.28's which I believe shattered and caused my nozzle and rubber to go tit's up.... So without further adieu what is it you chaps recommend? Geoff's super precision I assume are the best to use? Incidentally, I spoke to firesupport and they said use a hard bb and said G&G 0.28's and higher are very good for GBBRs?

I personally use Geoff's 0.32g's 

And had no issues whatsoever with white or tracer bb's both regular and bio! 👍

Geoff's is very hard to find at the moment, outdoor and tactical are the best bet I find though they do have limited numbers in 0.30g bio, they have a shipment in the next few weeks apparently.

Does anybody know the difference between the precision and super precision as well as the natural and super naturals please?

On 04/10/2020 at 10:34, AlphaBear said:

...I’m thinking I may as well get the complete G&P bolt carrier group. It’s all built for you so just simply drop it in.

I have one of these. Works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

I’ve yet to test it fully during a game day, but I’ve fired a few hundred BBs with it and seems to function exactly the same as the stock Marui BCG.

I bought mine from Airsoft Global. Great service and fast shipping. I opted for the silver version, but they also stock regular black and blingy gold.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=570_647&products_id=31660

3 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

I have one of these. Works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

I’ve yet to test it fully during a game day, but I’ve fired a few hundred BBs with it and seems to function exactly the same as the stock Marui BCG.

I bought mine from Airsoft Global. Great service and fast shipping. I opted for the silver version, but they also stock regular black and blingy gold.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=570_647&products_id=31660

Now I'm thinking blingy gold but that would be too 'gangsta' right? Silver would be a nice colour option for the bolt...  better than having a black bolt with it's paint getting all scratched off like what happens with the Marui one.....

Taking my MWS for its first outdoor skirmish this weekend, will it run okay on green gas in 10 degree weather?

It should run fine on Abbey Ultra Predator gas (the red bottle)... the green bottle may just have a tad less power... Just keep the mags warmish ;)

Report back after the weekend with your findings :)

On 03/10/2020 at 17:12, occidio said:

See if you can get hand warmers. Put them in your mag pouches with magazines, they will keep the temperature.