THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I have run several MWS’ on Nuprol 3.0 when it gets a bit chilly. In all cases they have run great with no apparent damage.

In my experience it really puts the snap back in the cycle when regular green gas starts to get a bit sluggish as the temperature drops.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I have run several MWS’ on Nuprol 3.0 when it gets a bit chilly. In all cases they have run great with no apparent damage.

In my experience it really puts the snap back in the cycle when regular green gas starts to get a bit sluggish as the temperature drops.

May I ask, are your MWS’s stock internals?
And is there a power increase with Nuprol 3.0? 

51 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I tested mine on Nuprol Red at the weekend, about 13-15deg and the standard TM valve. I was getting 30-40fps over ASG Ultrair green gas.

Ended up refitting the RA Tech NPAS and will run the ASG gas at the weekend and save the Red gas for <10degC days.

1 hour ago, darkmajin said:

Hey, i learned a lot of things from this thread i wal lurking around for some time, thank you all heres my finished build. 

nkb1bzpltfr51.jpg

Nice! Internals? Also where did you get that rail?

G&P npas, they make various versions like 3.5,4.0,4.5 etc.. Do these figures represent the maximum fps on 0.2's and is anyone using the npas valve kit? To get close to 350fps what 'type' of gas would be needed and of course I assume a npas flow valve will be needed in addition to some other more resilient upgrades over the stock parts?

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

All of my MWS have the brass hop nub, upgraded inner barrels of various lengths and n-pas valves fitted. Other than that it’s only the externals that have been upgraded.

Red gas adds between 15 to 40 FPS compared to nuprol 2.0. depending on the ambient temperature at the time (higher temperature less difference) and the length of the inner barrel (longer inner barrels see a bigger increase).

I really only use Red Gas to give the cycle back its snap when it gets a bit sluggish in the cold. I can adjust the n-pas to get to the desired FPS on regular Nuprol 2.0 on even the coldest days,  but the bolt cycle can be pretty draggy when the temp gets pretty low.

12 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

G&P npas, they make various versions like 3.5,4.0,4.5 etc.. Do these figures represent the maximum fps on 0.2's and is anyone using the npas valve kit? To get close to 350fps what 'type' of gas would be needed and of course I assume a npas flow valve will be needed in addition to some other more resilient upgrades over the stock parts?

The version numbers are to do with Barrel length of your gun and not FPS. It's just a guide to make sure you are not buying something that will be over/underpowered for you barrel length.

It's a bit confusing as some websites have the extra info and a lot dont. If you go to G&P's main webiste:

• ONLY For Marui M4A1 MWS GBB
  • Including 90° piston cup O-ring to prevent leak out the gas
  • Suggest using below 263mm inner barrel
  • 134A only

http://www.gp-web.com/product/mws037a/

so If you are running a stock barrel you'd be looking for that one. I have a 370mm Barrel and run the 4.5 (gold) version.

The valve gives you the ability to tune your FPS based on BB weight, barrel length, type of gas and temperature.

21 minutes ago, Arassuil said:

The version numbers are to do with Barrel length of your gun and not FPS. It's just a guide to make sure you are not buying something that will be over/underpowered for you barrel length.

It's a bit confusing as some websites have the extra info and a lot dont. If you go to G&P's main webiste:

• ONLY For Marui M4A1 MWS GBB
  • Including 90° piston cup O-ring to prevent leak out the gas
  • Suggest using below 263mm inner barrel
  • 134A only

http://www.gp-web.com/product/mws037a/

so If you are running a stock barrel you'd be looking for that one. I have a 370mm Barrel and run the 4.5 (gold) version.

The valve gives you the ability to tune your FPS based on BB weight, barrel length, type of gas and temperature.

Thank you. That was exactly the info I was looking for. 

So whilst waiting for my bits to arrive from the Far East, I decided to try an Angry Gun MPA nozzle. It’s the one where you can vary the FPS. I put it into the bolt carrier with the valve opened fully (vary it use an Allen key which is supplied), pumped up mag with Abbey Ultra and stuck in some Geoff’s 0.30’s and it chrono 330-350fps!!  This was on a full gassed up mag. Needless to say I was kinda surprised and the mag used its gas pretty fast. So, I adjusted the valve with a lot of trial and error and got it down to 280fps. 

Negatives:

1. There is a twang each time time the bolt cycles forward. It’s coming from the spring. I hazard to guess that there is no tubing in the spring which is this causes the spring to resonate 

2. Bbs- It seems to be pushing a bb into the chamber perhaps a tad too far  and it rolls out of the barrel. I was testing on zero hop using a marui bucking and the SixG nub. I’ll set the hop for 0.3s and try again. 

3. The FPS consistency isn’t as good as I was expecting. There is way too much variation.  I think this may need to go back! 

Another question... How does one attach a Mk18 rail or any rail as a matter of fact that has those attachment bolts on the collar nut... The bolts could potentially smack against the receiver causing damage. that's what happened to that chap that was selling his MWS on Prefired... Incidentally, I have a PTS barrel ring which fire support sell and I don't think that's appropriate to use? Or if it is how do you use it with the rails?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Another question... How does one attach a Mk18 rail or any rail as a matter of fact that has those attachment bolts on the collar nut... The bolts could potentially smack against the receiver causing damage. that's what happened to that chap that was selling his MWS on Prefired... Incidentally, I have a PTS barrel ring which fire support sell and I don't think that's appropriate to use? Or if it is how do you use it with the rails?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

Guess it depends on the barrel nut. My Mk18 has a plate that sits behind the nut. Then the free float rail bolts to it. And the lower section bolts to the upper.

I dont need to run a adapter ring as Im using Laylax's modular outer barrel. But if your using the stock one you may need to.

5 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

So whilst waiting for my bits to arrive from the Far East, I decided to try an Angry Gun MPA nozzle. It’s the one where you can vary the FPS. I put it into the bolt carrier with the valve opened fully (vary it use an Allen key which is supplied), pumped up mag with Abbey Ultra and stuck in some Geoff’s 0.30’s and it chrono 330-350fps!!  This was on a full gassed up mag. Needless to say I was kinda surprised and the mag used its gas pretty fast. So, I adjusted the valve with a lot of trial and error and got it down to 280fps. 

Negatives:

1. There is a twang each time time the bolt cycles forward. It’s coming from the spring. I hazard to guess that there is no tubing in the spring which is this causes the spring to resonate 

2. Bbs- It seems to be pushing a bb into the chamber perhaps a tad too far  and it rolls out of the barrel. I was testing on zero hop using a marui bucking and the SixG nub. I’ll set the hop for 0.3s and try again. 

3. The FPS consistency isn’t as good as I was expecting. There is way too much variation.  I think this may need to go back! 

1. Normal, real AR's do this. Its the buffer spring

2. Apply hop, and the BB's wont roll out. This is normal on zero hop on a lot of guns. Depends on the type of rubber used and if any hop is applied.

3. Its a gas gun. FPS consistency isnt a strong point My Glock 19 will start at 260 and finish a mag on 240ish. NPAS's are fiddling and take time to find the sweet spot. Failing that run the stock bolt. You cant fail with that. Hell I bought an entire spare off some one here.

So had my first outing with my MWS today and it wasn't as smooth as I'd of hoped.

Firstly I'm not sure if I'm filling the magazines up to little but 15seconds of nuprol 2.0 should be enough to fill it right?

I only seem to get one full magazine out of a mag and thats with it getting abit sluggish towards the end.

Also it doesn't really lift .3s like people have said is doesnt so will be getting a new nub.

Other then that I enjoyed the function on the gun and the realism, didn't like my vision king short dot so will be getting rid and buying a t1 or something.

Blimey aren't the magazines heavy though when they are all in a dump pouch haha.

In this sort of weather you want to be running the MWS on Red (Nuprol 3.0). FPS still wont be an issue. You should only fill the mags until it spurts liquid gas at you. 

Replacement Nub, whether its the SixG brass, or a Plastic H nub is a must. The SixG brass nub and a mod tan bucking will happily lift .4g bb's.

27 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

In this sort of weather you want to be running the MWS on Red (Nuprol 3.0). FPS still wont be an issue. You should only fill the mags until it spurts liquid gas at you. 

Replacement Nub, whether its the SixG brass, or a Plastic H nub is a must. The SixG brass nub and a mod tan bucking will happily lift .4g bb's.

Thanks for the reply will get some red ordered.

I also played today, 13C outside no wind. I was using Puff Dino 14kg green gas with no silicone oil and filling mag for about 9 seconds. I noticed power dropping on some of my mags but few were just awesome - I tried full auto and it worked. Not sure why some mags were troublesome though.

6 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I have fitted a Polymer MOE one, it did need a little tuning, but fits.

Thanks Dave! Sorry to be an incessant sod, but can you clarify what you mean by "tuning"? E.g. did you have to widen the pin punch holes on the MWS to fit the Magpul pin and screw, something like that?

19 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Quick question: anyone know whether the Magpul trigger guards are compatible with the MWS? 🤔

E.g. the Magpul enhanced (aluminium) or plastic MOE trigger guards.

Thanks.

I fitted one of these bud.

http://www.wiitech.com.hk/product-detail.shtml?product_id=479&path=57_145

It's a clone of the Magpul design and I can confirm it was a direct fit with no other work needed. 👍

20200919_133827.jpg