THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

51 minutes ago, Marroksteel said:

Hao kit coming in today MWS is about 3-4 days out then I'll have 8 mags to fiddle with lol 3 prowin 50-55r, 4 saa pmag 35-39r, and the OG TM 30 mag but I'll only ever need to carry 6-7 and being able to edit the loadout like having the 50's for CQC/covering fire or swapping to the front pouches after clearing a mag is nice and picked up a new stock and grip.

26fb008b-448f-4e60-8494-2484650f6979.jpg

10509322-c203-472f-bec8-a62e7ca6f299.jpg

opplanet-mission-first-tactical-battlelink-minimalist-stock-military-with-nrat-strap-for-mil-spec-size-1-148-diameter-receiver-extensions-scorched-dark-earth.jpg

opplanet-first-tac-first-tac-engage-ar15m16-pistol-grip-scor-dark-earth-epgi16sde-right-v1.jpg

I like the look of the stock. Is that how it comes are did you put the paracord on there yourself? 

3 hours ago, GregArm said:

My screw flew off to the G&P CNC Enhanced Nozzle Valve 4.5

20200928_141302.jpg

20200928_141252.jpg

Probably just a Metric thread grub screw, easy to get a packet of them from Ebay or Amazon. Maybe throw a bottle of blue (mid strength) LocTite in the basket too!

Hello!
I just got TM MWS and its looking really good, although I would like to ask about small thing I encountered:
Pressing the button to release mag is smooth and easy in all cases BUT when mag has been shot and bolt locked back, then there needs to be a lot of force to press the button and release the mag. This only happens when the bolt locks back after shot, not when its locked back manually.

5 hours ago, JSwan said:

I like the look of the stock. Is that how it comes are did you put the paracord on there yourself? 

It comes with it.

3 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@Marroksteel $$$$$ Are you the guy selling COVID masks and hand sanitiser? 🤣

Haha I wish.

• Supporters

136 pages ..... it’s taken me 5days (couple of hours here and there) to read this thread!

some really good info here, I am looking at pre-ordering a mk18 .... but after seeing that akm 😍😍😍😍

decisions decisions 😂😂🤣

17 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The potential problem with after market parts / third party parts is that even though they claim to be 100% compatible with a platform they may not necessarily be in real life. 

What happens when you use the original Marui parts?

It works well with original parts, but I cannot achieve such good results.

13 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Probably just a Metric thread grub screw, easy to get a packet of them from Ebay or Amazon. Maybe throw a bottle of blue (mid strength) LocTite in the basket too!

Thanks for the help.  Can you please send me a link or whatever this screw is called.

11 hours ago, sp00n said:

136 pages ..... it’s taken me 5days (couple of hours here and there) to read this thread!

some really good info here, I am looking at pre-ordering a mk18 .... but after seeing that akm 😍😍😍😍

decisions decisions 😂😂🤣

Whichever one you go for, just don't use Nuprol RZR bbs like I did and bugger up the gun... Thankfully it's an easy fix costing £30 for the nozzle and £10 for a new hop rubber... but still that's beer money used up! 

One point to consider, how easy is it to get hold of the AK MWS mags? I'm sure when the AK is released they may be available from the usual sources but you never know.... Also let's face it, that MK18 looks the dogs danglies....

14 hours ago, rekinxxxl said:

Hello!
I just got TM MWS and its looking really good, although I would like to ask about small thing I encountered:
Pressing the button to release mag is smooth and easy in all cases BUT when mag has been shot and bolt locked back, then there needs to be a lot of force to press the button and release the mag. This only happens when the bolt locks back after shot, not when its locked back manually.

Nothing to worry about it.... just press the bolt stop and release the mag.... I'm sure mine did the same too when it was working....  the MWS is not like a namby pamby AEG. This is a real mans gun who has hairy fingers and bigger muscles in their fingers... 😆

Are there any drop in trigger units that improve the trigger press and aren't shit? I know about the G&P one but pretty much every time I see them mentioned on here it's someone complaining about issues with it. the two main things putting me off getting an MWS (besides being poor)are the trigger press and not being able to find any info on whether or not it will work with a folding stock adapter.

2 hours ago, GregArm said:

It works well with original parts, but I cannot achieve such good results.

Thanks for the help.  Can you please send me a link or whatever this screw is called.

I am not sure what size screw is needed but if you measure with some calipers the hole and round up to the nearest whole mm you should be able to Google for it.

Eg. If it is 2.78mm hole I would get some 3mm diameter Metric grub screws in a few lengths (6mm / 8mm / 10mm maybe?! Not seeing the original I am guestimating!)

9 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Are there any drop in trigger units that improve the trigger press and aren't shit? I know about the G&P one but pretty much every time I see them mentioned on here it's someone complaining about issues with it. the two main things putting me off getting an MWS (besides being poor)are the trigger press and not being able to find any info on whether or not it will work with a folding stock adapter.

I would love to know this too!

TBH the MWS trigger isn't that bad, just has feel unlike AEG switches 🤣

I have found that stripping the trigger box and polishing the parts (and clearing out the grit and sand that the previous owner had filled it with!) helped a lot. Some 0.1mm shims (M4 and M6 size) to get rid of any excessive play / twist on parts can help but too many and it jams up...you need patience for that! I spent a previous life servicing and tuning MTB suspension so I love this sort of thing 🤓

I have a Wii Tech hammer and spring on order as my trigger set would not play nice with the Wii Tech marksman sear (maybe due to worn parts?) so I will report on that once I have fitted it all. The Wii Tech parts are really well finished but replacing the entire trigger box contents is about $200 😖😱 

TL;DR: Don't let the trigger put you off.

I noticed that the Guns Modify CNC 6061T6 Aluminum Complete Hop Up Adjuster Set for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR only raises bbs up to 0.32 grams.

The reason is clear to me, it works better for the original, but it broke a couple of months ago.  I want to lift 0.36 bbs, but with the red wheel it does not work, maximum 0.32

Do I need to order the original or is there an alternative to lift heavier balls (I have Super Nub and Modify tan)

Screenshot_20200929-095008_Gallery.jpg

28 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

I am not sure what size screw is needed but if you measure with some calipers the hole and round up to the nearest whole mm you should be able to Google for it.

Eg. If it is 2.78mm hole I would get some 3mm diameter Metric grub screws in a few lengths (6mm / 8mm / 10mm maybe?! Not seeing the original I am guestimating!)

I have found that stripping the trigger box and polishing the parts (and clearing out the grit and sand that the previous owner had filled it with!) helped a lot. Some 0.1mm shims (M4 and M6 size) to get rid of any excessive play / twist on parts can help but too many and it jams up...you need patience for that! I spent a previous life servicing and tuning MTB suspension so I love this sort of thing 🤓

I have a Wii Tech hammer and spring on order as my trigger set would not play nice with the Wii Tech marksman sear (maybe due to worn parts?) so I will report on that once I have fitted it all. The Wii Tech parts are really well finished but replacing the entire trigger box contents is about $200 😖😱 

I figured the breast way would just be a bit of work to the stock parts but I've got no experience with trigger components and the first time I try something I generally screw it up. 

40 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Thanks, I'll try to find it.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Whichever one you go for, just don't use Nuprol RZR bbs like I did and bugger up the gun... Thankfully it's an easy fix costing £30 for the nozzle and £10 for a new hop rubber... but still that's beer money used up! 

One point to consider, how easy is it to get hold of the AK MWS mags? I'm sure when the AK is released they may be available from the usual sources but you never know.... Also let's face it, that MK18 looks the dogs danglies....

Nothing to worry about it.... just press the bolt stop and release the mag.... I'm sure mine did the same too when it was working....  the MWS is not like a namby pamby AEG. This is a real mans gun who has hairy fingers and bigger muscles in their fingers... 😆

I dunno ... as the years go by, I am less and less of a m4 fan 😞 I do kinda like the mk18 (wish it had a extended outer barrel though).

My main concern is availability of M4 mags, I know my local shop had 20’ish (all they could get) coming.... but there all pre-sold now. Then again with the ak, there is probably going to be a equal demand etc

edit:- I tend to keep going back to blasters bb’s

6 hours ago, SSPKali said:

OMG there was grit and sand in the trigger assembly? What was the previous owner doing? Making sand castles with it? 

27 minutes ago, sp00n said:

I dunno ... as the years go by, I am less and less of a m4 fan 😞 I do kinda like the mk18 (wish it had a extended outer barrel though).

My main concern is availability of M4 mags, I know my local shop had 20’ish (all they could get) coming.... but there all pre-sold now. Then again with the ak, there is probably going to be a equal demand etc

edit:- I tend to keep going back to blasters bb’s

The Mk18 will be circa around the £549 according to defconairsoft... I'm sure you can get a barrel extender kit but then why do it? You might as well get the MTR? Ok, it's not a real life gun but ditch the stock snd replace it with a CTR to make it look better...

Regarding the mags, there is a massive global shortage... even some of the usual Japanese suspects are showing out of stock.... that's on their 'English' websites though.... Firesupport had about 35 in and they all went within less than a week. They were capped to a max of 4 per customer though... Probably worth giving them a call and asking if they will get any more in. Same with the AK...

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

The Mk18 will be circa around the £549 according to defconairsoft...

Do you have link to the info on that? (just curious).

I’m less excited by the MK18 myself… I’m sure it’ll be great, but it’s an easy build based on just the stock M4 MWS with some good after-market MK18 handguards out there (I guess accounting for the estimated price-hike from the stock MWS).

I am however very excited about the prospect of a Marui GBBR AK :)  I own a GHK AK (also great), but the idea of Marui adding some of their own magic to the platform should be cool. More GBBR AKs can only be a good thing.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

OMG there was grit and sand in the trigger assembly? What was the previous owner doing? Making sand castles with it? 

The Mk18 will be circa around the £549 according to defconairsoft... I'm sure you can get a barrel extender kit but then why do it? You might as well get the MTR? Ok, it's not a real life gun but ditch the stock snd replace it with a CTR to make it look better...

Regarding the mags, there is a massive global shortage... even some of the usual Japanese suspects are showing out of stock.... that's on their 'English' websites though.... Firesupport had about 35 in and they all went within less than a week. They were capped to a max of 4 per customer though... Probably worth giving them a call and asking if they will get any more in. Same with the AK...

The mk18 is on pre-order at my local shop for £495 (but with a note that this may go up etc). I am not a fan of the shorter cqbr style, I prefer the barrel to extend slightly, like the standard m4a1 mws, think g&g R8-L (I sound old and cranky now lol .... but I know what I like 😂)

I just love the look of old akm’s .... and I do happen to have a RS nsp3 (soviet era night sight) iirc

@Marroksteel
I’m not a big fan of the 50 shades of tan but that HAO kit sure looks very Gucci. I believe you’ll be one of the early adopters of this kit too as it’s not been out long. 

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the build and whether it was pain free etc. And more importantly how does it look, handle and feel. 

Also, why are the mags a tad different? They have that extended plastic parts showing? Did they come with the HAO kit? 

23 hours ago, GregArm said:

I noticed that the Guns Modify CNC 6061T6 Aluminum Complete Hop Up Adjuster Set for Tokyo Marui M4 MWS GBBR only raises bbs up to 0.32 grams.

The reason is clear to me, it works better for the original, but it broke a couple of months ago.  I want to lift 0.36 bbs, but with the red wheel it does not work, maximum 0.32

Do I need to order the original or is there an alternative to lift heavier balls (I have Super Nub and Modify tan)

Screenshot_20200929-095008_Gallery.jpg

Same problem, though I love GunsModify actually this wheel not able to lift up to 0.36' ,I use 0.30g and I have to turn up the wheel almost until the "knock" the effective province only the last

5-8 click and have no acceptable/stabile solution for.

If you wanna use the orginal hopup wheel you should use the origi spring+nub the GM one too strong thats why it breaks the plastic wheel.

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Surely you you don’t need the optics riser now you have a HK upper?

The sight is naturally higher than an AR upper?

Its nice to have the option for facemasks or helmets.

Those are the Prowin/SAA mags

received_2693631540954900.jpeg

20200930_035326.jpg

received_661777961384162.jpeg

received_695638744715981.jpeg

The Wilcox industries risers are for basically night vision systems.

The barrel nut needs some shims and The Reptile House is the first to get a review on building a HAO CAG 416D.

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2020/09/26/battle-of-the-cags-hao-vs-angry-gun-hk416d-kit-for-tokyo-marui-mws-zet-system-by-gbb-dude/