THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

5 hours ago, Davegolf said:

The mags will take all types of gas, as said its the different can/fill nozzles that are the problem.

Obv dont take the piss with them, IE dont put fill them with the most powerful gas / propane in the height of summer.

Gas power/type should be changed according to weather/temperature to MAINTAIN a consistent FPS year round.

If you want to increase the FPS of the gun, use a longer barrel and or NPAS type doohicky.

The only thing the MWS really needs to handle more powerfull gas / higher FPS settings is a HSB or similar to stop the buffer from shattering.

Dave, which gas are u using at which temperatures?

Few years back people said to use gas without silicone in it, is this still what people suggest?

Edited by itsme

On 19/04/2023 at 02:22, KirbyHCI said:

Does anyone have a concise guide to mods needed to run an MWS on regular green gas properly and reliably nowadays?

Either freshly written, or just linking to an old post/thread/anything? I assume it's been discussed before, but occasional reminders are good. Also most stuff seems to be written around the v2 TM mags, I'm pretty sure I have the v3... Or, whatever version is latest. Regular green gas just spews out and only shoots half a mag at most no matter the fill techniques.

I'm just running mine back on low power gas right now as I've found it the most reliable thing to do, but I know a lot of people do run them, or want to run them, on regular pressure green gas given how common it is here in the UK over low pressure gas.

I have several MWS and I run them on sniper gas in the summer(no silicone to contaminate the hop) which is slightly stronger than green. One of my rifles, a MK16 DMR runs at 2.2J (RIFT airsoft have a 2.32J limit for DMRs) and it has had no internal modifications apart from Laylax hop unit, Laylax barrel, TNT bucking and Omega nub. I  have bought an uprated Eagle6 spring set which I have not yet fitted, and so far nothing has broken. One of my other MWS and Archwick L119, is internally Guns Modify, and I have had no problems with it yet on Sniper gas. During the recent winter with temperatures around zero I ran both rifles on MAPP gas (strong black gas) with no issues. However I would say it would be wise to upgrade the spring set, as this costs little, and in the summer maybe use a stronger buffer setup. 

Edited by Salamanca

@Salamanca The key here is you are using it as a DMR so not quite as many shots going of regardign the buffer shattering.

The HSB would give you a fps consistency boost tho.

@itsme i havent fielded an MWS for quite some time now, but typically id use Nuprol 2.0 most of the year, switching to 3.0 in the winter / temps around 10c, 4.0 if temps approaching zero.

19 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@Salamanca The key here is you are using it as a DMR so not quite as many shots going of regardign the buffer shattering.

The HSB would give you a fps consistency boost tho.

@itsme i havent fielded an MWS for quite some time now, but typically id use Nuprol 2.0 most of the year, switching to 3.0 in the winter / temps around 10c, 4.0 if temps approaching zero.

Are people still recommending to run gas without silicone in it? I used to order gas from airsoft entrepôt but not sure if I still should. 

also another question, would these two products be good for spare parts? 

https://www.rainbow8.com/products/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-gbb-loading-nozzle-mgg2-115

https://www.rainbow8.com/products/uac-enhanced-nozzle-spring-set-for-tm-m4a1-mws

any other parts that are handy to have on hand? And is that nozzle a genuine TM part? 

4 hours ago, itsme said:

Are people still recommending to run gas without silicone in it? I used to order gas from airsoft entrepôt but not sure if I still should.

Its supposedly better and I used to run exclusively silicon free but needs must when you run out at a game and have to buy some. 

If you use gas with silicone then just make sure to keep the barrel and hop rubber well cleaned which is a must anyway. 

T8 window mag has arrived, waiting on some steel take down pins, steel dust cover, and the BJ TAC 1.5 heat treated Japanese buffer spring to arrive. 

I think the heat gun needs to come out on the MK18 again after 3 years and what must be 50-60,000 rounds if not way more the modify tan hop rubber has a few small rips and tears with bits of rubber finally starting to affect the flight path of bb’s. SixG brass nub has been incredible and I’ve managed to have sniper battles with actual snipers when using .45g shooting across the huge valley at Stormforce. I’ve chosen not to use them long term as they travel way too slow and can be dodged matrix style, plus I like to be a bit more active. .36g seems about right for me. Platform overall is phenomenal, I honestly expected more problems than I’ve had, but my only issue I’ve ever had was a BB shattering and making it’s way into the trigger unit and jamming my fire selector, easily solved by a good clean out. She’s been well maintained internally, but I am rough with her, she gets chucked about a bit, and that’s what I want from my mws, I want a tank, that’s the way I want to build it. I’ve not even had to replace a nozzle return spring, and all those common wear and tare problems that we all warn new users of haven’t yet really surfaced on mine, I’ve even used the dreaded angry gun internals without issue, which is testament to this great weapon, I just runs and keeps running no matter what parts I use in it, or how I treat it on the field.

9B6D74CC-F8C5-4E6E-B8FD-B02AE08F1A45.png

Removed my silent fill o-rings from my greengas modded mags after having some trouble filling them up enough to shoot a whole magazine. 

problems are fixed and I can get about 2,5 mags worth of bb’s through a gas fill. 

EFD9B026-85E4-4D64-9ACD-986E32ACC355.jpeg

Bonus picture of my CQB MWS build. 
looking to get a new buttstock. I want an SB tactical SBA3 but can’t seem to find a European resaler. If anyone knows one or a similar buttstock please let me know. :) 

92611645-C1D2-4A10-B1CC-23E590396D51.jpeg

5 hours ago, itsme said:

92611645-C1D2-4A10-B1CC-23E590396D51.jpeg

Really cool build - not sure about the riser on a riser? Are you a giraffe?!

3 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Really cool build - not sure about the riser on a riser? Are you a giraffe?!

I play with a dye paintball mask and makes it a lot easier to shoulder the weapon for me. I don’t like the looks of it either but it does the job really well. I would like the UNITY Fast Miceo  which is kind of the same height as this one but it’s super expensive over here. So for now it will do. 

image.jpeg.799938afba7639bdee6f9d866dd941e9.jpeg

Strange, all the replies here to my question about mag filling seem contrary to what I've read elsewhere and my experience. I was under the impression that it was a known/intentional thing whereby TM had their fill valve vent anything over the typical pressure of 144a gas to try and force compliance with the suggestions or something. I found my near-empty regular green gas cans would fill my mags successfully, in a small window before they ran out, and that seemed to back the other info up.

Am I under a totally wrong impression? I've had a TM pistol that I've used and worked on for years and know the ins and outs of, but not so much rifles. So, not total gas noob, but also not quite understanding why this seems to be an issue/the differences in this particular case

Edited by KirbyHCI

On 16/04/2023 at 15:04, Cipher-032 said:

For Nozzle spring strength, you only need to up is rate if you increase your ROF dramatically. I would think that makes sense. So stock to 120% should be perfectly fine

Is the "dynamic precision enhanced set" stock power?

10 hours ago, KirbyHCI said:

Strange, all the replies here to my question about mag filling seem contrary to what I've read elsewhere and my experience. I was under the impression that it was a known/intentional thing whereby TM had their fill valve vent anything over the typical pressure of 144a gas to try and force compliance with the suggestions or something. I found my near-empty regular green gas cans would fill my mags successfully, in a small window before they ran out, and that seemed to back the other info up.

Am I under a totally wrong impression? I've had a TM pistol that I've used and worked on for years and know the ins and outs of, but not so much rifles. So, not total gas noob, but also not quite understanding why this seems to be an issue/the differences in this particular case

What I assume that happens with the TM mags is that they also purge the air when they are filled. When you install the silent o-ring it negates this feature and your mags will get more air in them on every fill. 
Can anyone confirm? 

Edited by itsme

8 hours ago, itsme said:

What I assume that happens with the TM mags is that they also purge the air when they are filled. When you install the silent o-ring it negates this feature and your mags will get more air in them on every fill. 
Can anyone confirm? 

My mags are stock, haven't touched them until I iron this out and like I said just running 114a in the meantime lol. And I try the common things like purging, angle of fill, timing of fill, etc. - It just legit seems like they don't like anything above that 114a pressure if I wanna actually get any gas in there. When on 144a, they hold plenty and can run multiple full mags of BBs, and consistently pump out auto in most conditions at least for the first mag of the fill. That's all I ask for TBH. But it'd be nice to be able to do that with regular green.

I thought the info saying it was an intentional thing in the latest mags was common, has anyone else heard it, or am I am going mad? xD Not doubting anyone's knowledge or info BTW, I'm just confused about my potentially wrong preconceptions/research so far lmao

You are possibly the first and only case I’ve ever heard of where mags won’t hold higher pressure gas, sounds like you’ve either got duff mags (doubt) or it’s a fill issue.

As before, what green gas cans have you used? Have you tried purging your mags?

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

You are possibly the first and only case I’ve ever heard of where mags won’t hold higher pressure gas, sounds like you’ve either got duff mags (doubt) or it’s a fill issue.

As before, what green gas cans have you used? Have you tried purging your mags?

I have gen 3 mags and have had a bunch of trouble gassing them up. So far I have only been successful with ultra air (which hasn't seemed great, gets me through a mag, maybe a mag and a half but not the amazing number of shots some users get) and abbey 144a gas. 

I have heard the thing about gen 3 mags having valves that don't like higher pressure but suspect it's the same source that @KirbyHCI has seen it (some random youtube video), but I haven't been able to say with certainty whether it's the gas or the nozzle on the gas canisters that is the issue. I am really hoping it's the nozzles not fitting and finding the "right" one will solve my issues. 

So far i have tried nuprol (some got in), propane adapter (none got in), Ultra Air (acceptable enough results) and Abbey 144a. Makes me apprhensive about using it in the cold though. I have tried purging my mags, but as I am not 100% sure of the issue, not sure if they have actually purged. 

I have also watched the ollytalks airsoft youtube video about the mag tilt and spoken with other more experienced gbbr users onsite about gassing mags, getting tips etc. 

Edited by Emergencychimps

Hmmm strange, I’ve had Gen 1, 2, 3 mags all with no issues! Perhaps I’m very lucky.

I see quite a few complaints about ultra air, I think it’s pretty good! I’ve ran it down to 0 degrees in a stock MWS and it performed very well.

My MWS feels sluggish compared to my friend's, everything is the same in them or it should be, all the springs in the nozzle may be a different brand in his. The difference is in his complete bolt, I borrow his bolt, and my mws gets much snappier. I even think I've had his nozzle in and this was actually where the problem was, but I'm not 100% sure. I have several nozzles lying around and have tried to change them several times, but without success. Does anyone have an idea?

@occidio is the piston seal in good order, clean, TechT lubed?

Is the buffer moly greased?

Are all other parts gun oiled?

@itsme @KirbyHCI correct the TM fill valves allow all ‘air’ to be purged whilst filling with gas.

It is not a pressure regulating design/part.

@Emergencychimps mags simply need to be inverted whilst filling.

TESTING YOUR MAG IS WORKING PROPERLY:

The proper filling technique is 1sec fill, 9 sec rest.

Repeat this until the mag when full weighs 470g.

If you mag will not hold 670g then you need to fit a new fill valve.

When doing service work for people this is a common fault.

You don’t have to weigh your mags every time but it will diagnose the fault and let you get a ‘rapport’ with your mags so they are correctly filled in the field.

Edited by Davegolf

11 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@itsme @KirbyHCI correct the TM fill valves allow all ‘air’ to be purged whilst filling with gas.

Repeat this until the mag when full weighs 670g.

You don’t have to weigh your mags every time but it will diagnose the fault and let you get a ‘rapport’ with your mags so they are correctly filled in the field.

I have cleaned it and I tried T8 - AG - and the old org piston seal, feels about the same.

I also think it's bad in cold weather below 10 degrees, even my WE feels more snappy, it shoots, but just not as I think it should.

buffer moly greased, what is that?

Regarding the piston seal, shouldn't i get pressure when I hold my fingers on the holes and push the piston in, because it doesn't regardless of which nozzle I have in and I've also changed the small o-ring at the bottom

How old/new is your gun?

You won’t get pressure doing that.

It’s a cupped seal, it expands to seal under pressure.

Personally only used genuine and DP green seal with success.

Remove the buffer and spring, lightly grease with moly.

33 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Repeat this until the mag when full weighs 670g.

Are u sure it's 670g? All my mags weigh in at 465g (without any bb's)

Edited by itsme