THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

So, what are the latest ideas on eliminating, or reducing bolt bounce? I've seen Ollies videos on the subject, but am I looking for a heavier buffer weight or a lighter one?

Posted (edited)

I have cured MWS bolt-bounce with an Angry gun heavy buffer and a heavier spring. It seems a problem that some rifles suffer and some do not, as I have had this problem with just one of my rifles. You may be able to cure it with one of those buffer weights fitted with small weights inside, which I recall is what Ollie used. 

Edited by Salamanca

Hi guys,

i received and installed my G&p steel trigger box (the gold one) with my 60° fire selector revanchist. With Tm trigger box and this fire selector no problem. But since I installed the G&p trigger box I have the same problem. Full in semi or full position. I tried lot of adjustement without success.

I have to try two more solutions. Clean the trigger box entirely to remove all the ptfe grease and use 90° fire selector (but I need to buy one).

Do you have an idea where I should look? I don’t think it comes from the selector but I’m lost and I don’t know where to start to fix this problem. I didn’t find anything about the adjustement of this trigger so I used the same procedure as for the GM trigger box…

So I start a test. The G&p trigger in the TM trigger box = no problem.

Now I need to test the revanchist trigger in the G&p box. Maybe later. I need to do my first job, be a father.

43 minutes ago, zizivert said:

So I start a test. The G&p trigger in the TM trigger box = no problem.

Now I need to test the revanchist trigger in the G&p box. Maybe later. I need to do my first job, be a father.

Yes father first,toys later.

Or when we are babies it's toys first,father later.

Funny old life🤔

So, revanchist trigger in G&p trigger box, same problem. Full in semi position. So for me two options, the problem is somewhere else in the trigger box, or, the 60° fire selector generate this problem with the G&p trigger box.

I need to wait the classic fire selector i ordered to eliminate this last option. If the problem continue even with the 90° fire selector I will check and compare one by one all the G&p part with the TM trigger box parts. Maybe I will find something.

I finally solved my problem yesterday night. There are some play on the G&p trigger parts, in lateral way. These play generates problem/interference with the fire selector selector. So I reworked the fire selector to allow the parts to move all it’s way in lateral mouvement and now, no more problem. 

Bringing Airsoft-forums kicking and screaming into the 21st Century I asked ChatGPT to summerise the previous 275 pages.

Question for experienced users, how did it do?

n00bs - take with a pinch of salt!

The thread on the Airsoft Forums UK about the Tokyo Marui MWS spans numerous pages and provides extensive insights into various upgrades, performance enhancements, and common pitfalls to avoid for this popular gas blowback rifle (GBBR).

### Key Upgrades

1. **Barrel and Hop-Up Units**:
   - **Prometheus and PDI Barrels**: Users frequently recommend upgrading to a tight bore barrel from brands like Prometheus or PDI to improve accuracy and range.
   - **Maple Leaf Buckings and Hop-Up Units**: Maple Leaf hop-up rubbers and units are favored for their consistency and performance in varying weather conditions.

2. **Bolt Carrier Group (BCG)**:
   - **Guns Modify Enhanced BCG**: Upgrading to a Guns Modify bolt carrier is advised for enhanced durability and smoother cycling.
   - **Ratech Steel Bolt**: For increased longevity, especially under high-stress conditions, Ratech steel bolts are popular among experienced users.

3. **Internal Parts**:
   - **NPAS (Negative Pressure Air System)**: Installing an NPAS allows for easy adjustment of FPS, making the rifle versatile for different field requirements.
   - **Upgraded Nozzles**: Users often
suggest upgrading to reinforced nozzles from brands like Angry Gun to prevent breakages under high-pressure gas use.

4. **Magazines**:
   - **G&P and Prowin Magazines**: These magazines are noted for their improved gas efficiency and reliability compared to the stock versions.
   - **Magazine Valves**: Upgrading to high-flow magazine valves can enhance the gas efficiency and consistency of shots.

5. **External Parts**:
   - **Handguards and Stocks**: Many users customize their MWS with Magpul or BCM handguards and stocks for better ergonomics and personal preference in aesthetics and handling.
   - **Rails and Mounts**: Upgrading to lightweight rail systems from brands like Daniel Defense or Geissele is common for reducing weight and adding accessories like optics and grips.

### Things to Avoid

1. **Cheap Internal Upgrades**: Avoid low-cost internal parts that promise high performance but often fail under pressure, leading to more frequent repairs and inconsistent performance.
2. **Overpowered Gas**: Using green gas or other high-powered gases can cause undue wear on internal parts if not properly upgraded to handle the increased pressure.
3. **Non-Specific Accessories**: Generic accessories that are not designed for the TM MWS can lead to poor fitment and performance issues. It’s essential to use parts specifically designed for this model to ensure compatibility and reliability.
4. **DIY Modifications**: Unless you have extensive experience, DIY modifications to the gas system or hop-up unit can lead to more harm than good. It’s recommended to use tested and reviewed upgrade kits.

### General Tips

- **Regular Maintenance**: Regular cleaning and lubrication of the bolt carrier group and other moving parts are essential to maintain performance and longevity.
- **Field Testing**: Always test your upgrades in a controlled environment before taking them into a game to ensure reliability and performance.
- **Community Insights**: Engage with the airsoft community for advice and reviews on the latest upgrades and modifications to keep your TM MWS in top condition.

For detailed discussions and personal experiences, the Airsoft Forums UK thread is an excellent resource where community members share their insights and updates on the TM MWS【6†source】【7†source】【8†source】【9†source】.

What are peoples go to hop rubbers now? My modify tan is looking a little worse for wear. I can remember seeing that they have recently suffered QC issues?

Im really not interested in running Maple leaf. 

4 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

What are peoples go to hop rubbers now? My modify tan is looking a little worse for wear. I can remember seeing that they have recently suffered QC issues?

Im really not interested in running Maple leaf. 

Unicorn is the most common recommendation I see. 4uad's new bucking is apparently alright. 

Flamingos are also pretty high up there. Then obviously Nineball.

After doing some readingI thinking going these upgrades.

Bavtac Nub,

Laylax(Prometheus) 6.03mm (370mm),

Maple Leaf MR. Hop Up 60 Degree,

I use 0.32 at the moment.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

After doing some readingI thinking going these upgrades.

Bavtac Nub,

Laylax(Prometheus) 6.03mm (370mm),

Maple Leaf MR. Hop Up 60 Degree,

I use 0.32 at the moment.

Thanks.

370mm barrel will increase the power, cool if you are after that but a pain if you end up over chrono limit 😂

On 27/05/2024 at 23:50, SSPKali said:

370mm barrel will increase the power, cool if you are after that but a pain if you end up over chrono limit 😂

That is true, I might leave upgrading the inner barrel until I get a NPAS :D

On 20/05/2024 at 09:56, Wavey_Gravey said:

Reminds me of this…which I really like: 

E43B91DD-A61B-4861-8483-DB5387FE0B12.jpeg.d4c262f88d6bb9f21f145fe5f37178ac.jpeg

Nice I need to get a flared magwell.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh just the usual pre/post game prep, whip the piston out and TechT GunSav the seal/bore, wipe down all the mateal on metal with a lint free cloth / isopropyl wipe, apply gun oil. Check the barrel/bucking is clear and clean.

Enjoy, prime GBBR weather!