To give strangers BBs or not

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

To me it is like sombody asking for a spare fag/cigarette

(don't smoke kids - it f*cks you up, but stupid smokers may get the idea of what I mean)

yeah sure, but don't take the pi$$ or try to take me for a call you next tuesday....

Really don't bother me - ammo - batteries - even spare aeg

but try n take me for a fool and keep poncing and I'll turn back into the miserable bastid I really am

oh and as for - can you hold my gun....

f*ck off, prop it up against a tree or something if ya wanna squeeze ya lemon - I got my own crappy gun to hold

but I wanna climb a tree....

ohhh leave off ffs - I gave up scrumping for apples/conkers decades ago - lets just shoot bb's

I'll try to help out a bit but jeez even I got a limit - well except when posting bollox on here

I vote Team Fluffy Unicorn assembles at Snakeeyes' next game and all take turns in asking him for BBs and to hold our guns for us.

All.

Day.

Long.

I'm now going to carry a "Special pot" of Nuprols......need i say more ;)

By the sounds of it he likes to find a camping spot as well. So I reckon we should get a team fluffy unicorn flag made up then I can spend all day waving it over him.

At least then he will have a reason to so miserable. Sounds like Victor Meldrew took up airsoft.

Oh, I'm not miserable, infact i'm quite a happy chappy :) I have friends that play that take the piss because I always take a good stock of stuff. Makes me pretty angry when people start asking for BB's because they've come unprepared. I've even had a guy ask if he could borrow my rifle AS I WAS USING IT! I think that can be classed as downright rudeness?

You can keep your fluffly unicorn flag though, the fact that you have one is worrying ;)

• Supporters

Oh, I'm not miserable, infact i'm quite a happy chappy :) I have friends that play that take the piss because I always take a good stock of stuff. Makes me pretty angry when people start asking for BB's because they've come unprepared. I've even had a guy ask if he could borrow my rifle AS I WAS USING IT! I think that can be classed as downright rudeness?

You can keep your fluffly unicorn flag though, the fact that you have one is worrying ;)

Yeah the gun things a bit much, very funny though.

As for the flag thing you wouldnt get it because your happiness is being suppressed by your grouchy demeanour. Might not be your fault could be genetic ☺

Yeah the gun things a bit much, very funny though.

As for the flag thing you wouldnt get it because your happiness is being suppressed by your grouchy demeanour. Might not be your fault could be genetic ☺

Oh Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

• Head Moderator

So what is worse, not sharing your BBs or giving them some Nuprol ones? (Honestly no idea about good or bad BBs, only ever used Blaster...maybe an idea for a new thread)

• Supporters

So what is worse, not sharing your BBs or giving them some Nuprol ones? (Honestly no idea about good or bad BBs, only ever used Blaster...maybe an idea for a new thread)

Nuprols are quite good. Think there was some bad ones in first few batch which put people off. The only problem is they are dead on 6mm and a lot of guns get on better with brands which come up smaller. I had problems and and still do with speedloaders but they fly well which for me is the main thing.

Nuprols are quite good. Think there was some bad ones in first few batch which put people off. The only problem is they are dead on 6mm and a lot of guns get on better with brands which come up smaller. I had problems and and still do with speedloaders but they fly well which for me is the main thing.

Ok so serious subject here. I love Nuprols! Not in a sexy way but I've never found an equal to the .43's! However... I've now had about 3 bottles, first 2 were stunning! 3'rd one (From Landwarrior) was obviously a duff bottle and is horse sh*t! In a standard Gspec barrel they're ok although you get a few flyers, in a 6.03 they jam ever other shot! I'm now using Gunfire Rocket .43's which are "OK" not as good but probably about the best you can get in white.

• Head Moderator

So today down it the woods and a player on my team ran out of ammo. To save him the walk of death back to the safe zone, I just took out my TM speed loader and gave it to him so he was able to bomb-up his low cap mag and stay in the fight. It felt good to help out another player. Airsoft karma.

• Supporters

So today down it the woods and a player on my team ran out of ammo. To save him the walk of death back to the safe zone, I just took out my TM speed loader and gave it to him so he was able to bomb-up his low cap mag and stay in the fight. It felt good to help out another player. Airsoft karma.

Did you get to take his weapon in hand aswell?

Was he happy using your little white balls?

Met up with Jedi today,

I held his gun in return for him sharing his bb's with me.

It felt great.

True story.

• Supporters

Met up with Jedi today, I held his gun in return for him sharing his bb's with me.It felt great.True story.

So glad you feel comfortable sharing that.

We really are an an open and understanding society on here.

Did his little round balls fill you up or was you left wanting more?

• Head Moderator

The other player was happy to get his hands on my larger balls (.23g) :) but he was well slung so I did not need to grip the stock while he pumped the balls.

• Supporters

I have given out bb's and gas, the last time was a kid who had ditched his AEG for a game and was running his pistol, his mags were out and he was talking about finishing the afternoon with his rubber knife. I would lend a spare mag to someone if they needed it say in the middle of a firefight.

• Supporters

Honestly, I've never in all my years come across someone that straight run out of ammunition; any time I've seen that happen, said person has gone straight to the site shop and bought another bottle. Yes,I know this doesn't work for sites without a shop but I'm pretty sure they're the exception not the rule from what I've seen.

I've leant someone my speedloader when they had no tool for bombing up their midcaps and they gave a general shout across the safe zone, so I volunteered my kit. But not once have I seen someone straight run out of BBs or ask me for BBs. I often only bring a very small amount with me due to the small amount I shoot in day, so if someone did ask me then my response would depend entirely on the way in which they asked. Someone who's got a legitimate reason, approached and ask politely without presuming or giving the impression they'll get shitty if I did say no - absolutely, I'll sort them out. However I've had more than a few little s*** bags address me as 'Oi!' at games before and they get the hardest blanking possible, if some little f***** came over demanding BBs with a bucket full of crap over-entitled attitude they're getting the square root of sweet-FA from me personally.

I now carry 3 extra stanag style mags on the back of my carrier just in case anyone needs an extra mag, each one is marked with my initials just in case. I don't carry around bottles of bbs on the fields as I find they can be too loud when moving and I currently don't have any way of carrying them either way.

However I would happily give extra 0.2 rounds out to players who need them.

I'm thinking maybe some of us need to start a new team...."Team Fluffy Unicorn" maybe. We could all have a patch of a VERY fluffy unicorn and people would know they could ask (nicely) for a bit of ammo and not get sent away with a flea in their ear.

I'd totally be up for this too!

• Root Admin

Honestly, I've never in all my years come across someone that straight run out of ammunition; any time I've seen that happen, said person has gone straight to the site shop and bought another bottle. Yes,I know this doesn't work for sites without a shop but I'm pretty sure they're the exception not the rule from what I've seen.

I've leant someone my speedloader when they had no tool for bombing up their midcaps and they gave a general shout across the safe zone, so I volunteered my kit. But not once have I seen someone straight run out of BBs or ask me for BBs. I often only bring a very small amount with me due to the small amount I shoot in day, so if someone did ask me then my response would depend entirely on the way in which they asked. Someone who's got a legitimate reason, approached and ask politely without presuming or giving the impression they'll get sh*tty if I did say no - absolutely, I'll sort them out. However I've had more than a few little s*** bags address me as 'Oi!' at games before and they get the hardest blanking possible, if some little f***** came over demanding BBs with a bucket full of crap over-entitled attitude they're getting the square root of sweet-FA from me personally.

Don't sugar-coat it Chris. Tell us how you really feel.

You're completely right though. Who doesn't come with enough money to buy a £7.50 bottle of BBs when they're in need?

• Supporters

I've had a proper arm chair permanently installed to my fence on account of the amount of time sitting there.

I can see why it could be an issue for some really young players, but as an adult (presuming the site has a shop) then I think if you literally don't have even a tenner to your name by the time you've paid for your skirmish day, you possibly shouldn't have paid the £25-35 for the skirmish day in the first place. There's no need to be running your bank account on empty for the sake of a hobby.

You're completely right though. Who doesn't come with enough money to buy a £7.50 bottle of BBs when they're in need?

My point exactly! plus, you should build your rig to carry extra BB's! I've run out once in the last year and as bloody annoying as it was, I walked back to the safezone to refill.

• Supporters

To be fair its usually in the middle of a game. Its also usually rentals who have spammed a whole high cap in the first few minutes and are hanging around lost that you have to help out.

There was also a game at xmas I went to where the shop people didnt turn up and the stock on site was a bit limited and had no tracers. One of the marshalls was there as a player that day and gave me a half bottle of tracers to get through the last few games. So sometimes the shoes on the other foot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.