Things I wish I had known when I started....

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Getting shot on the ear, I'm fairly sure that's the pain the eternally dammed have inflicted on them!

• Supporters

There is non oppressive ear protection out there.

Oh I know that now...... but as a noob it was a steep learning curve.

• Head Moderator

Taking a zip-lock food bag to put the bb into, which then compresses well into a pocket or pouch. Instead of running around with a half full bottle rattling like a crazy maraca every step of the way.

I have been using a couple of black glasses bags with draw strings. With the lid, screw section and shoulder of a Pepsi bottle cut off and the draw strings tied around. Works great and don't rattle. Cost me £1 each for the bags (amazon) and £1 for a bottle of Pepsi max (because it has a black lid)

• Head Moderator

I just squeeze the air out as I lock it shut. I understand your point of removing excess air from the bag but knowing my luck a pin hole would be a point of failure, and I would find a PacMan type path of bb left behind me.

I love my fast helmet, and the mesh i rigged on the front too lol

Wish i had known what would be comfortable on my face when i started, that has been the biggest hurdle for me

• Supporters

That's the only thing I don't like about wearing a helmet, it makes the head physically bigger.

Ermm....what?

A FAST helmet really doesn't make that much difference to the size of your head. What are you concerned about?

Things I wish that I'd of known....

1)How useless mesh masks are. they may protect your teeth but restrict you from looking down the sights as you would normally which really ruins the day for me (no longer use anything, looking into dust masks but I reckon those may also be a hindrance).

2)how serious some people take it and also how big it is, like full on international mil sims lasting a few days/week.

3)Avon skin so soft face cream. Anyone who plays in woods will understand.

4)which shops to give a wide berth and which sites offer the best gameplay for your money and location.

5)most importantly, especially for new players - talk to as many people as you want, have fun, go solo and sniper, follow a highly regarded team and learn/tag along, try anything you wish, don't feel you have to conform to the rest as they're not always the best.

I learnt yesterday that people with LMG's will not follow the sites 1 second burst rule in anyway shape of form.

How true is that :/

Related learning point: if someone is new to sniping with a high fps set up they likely won't know what 30 metres is for their minimum engagement distance. Expect some very painful hits from very close ranges.

Learnt this from experience when a young lad (~13 years old) shot me in the head from 10 metres away. After I stopped cursing a marshal was informed and the lad had to ditch his rifle when he couldn't prove that he knew what 30 metres was. He was disappointed but the safety rules are there for a reason.

• Supporters

Things I wish that I'd of known....

1)How useless mesh masks are. they may protect your teeth but restrict you from looking down the sights as you would normally which really ruins the day for me (no longer use anything, looking into dust masks but I reckon those may also be a hindrance).

Use a riser mount for your scope, dont get any issues with using a mesh mask then and you dont end giving the dentist £500.

I saw yesterday how SOME teams can be right wankers & not take there hits when you hit them numerous times because they think there above everyone else & hate it when you show them up

Hahaha

I don't know the team name or individuals but it got so bad that almost half of the blue side went home at lunch

I do remember one of the red side was wearing black & another was in an almost PMC loadout, these were the guys who refused to acknowledge my hits even when they were a blatant 50/50

Plus both my rifles were playing up in all morning with misfires but were fine in the afternoon

• Supporters

I learnt yesterday that people with LMG's will not follow the sites 1 second burst rule in anyway shape of form.

To be honest I don't get rules like that. Either allow LMGs or don't. The whole point of a support gun is continuous suppressive fire. If you're not allowed to do that then why even bother?

• Supporters

To be honest I don't get rules like that. Either allow LMGs or don't. The whole point of a support gun is continuous suppressive fire. If you're not allowed to do that then why even bother?

Yep, the actual issue is overkilling anyway. Who cares if you are shooting nothing or someone not taking their hits for 5 seconds?

Airsoft123....Avon cream, tell me more! haha

Nickh, worse when your a newbie!

Avon cream repels ticks & mosquitos from what I've been told so I've ordered a bottle

I've been playing nearly a year now but yesterday was the worse case of non hit taking that I've ever been involved in, I was on the blue team & I'm glad I wasn't associated with playing on the red team

• Supporters

Avon cream repels ticks & mosquitos from what I've been told so I've ordered a bottle

It's true. The body wash is quite often vaunted as an effective tick and flea preventative for dogs. Makes you wonder what the hell's in it!

• Supporters
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.