Things I wish I had known when I started....

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

haha, not stressing, can see myself turning up in a suit or armour a this rate!...... * ping *ping clunk

have wondered the 'what if shot there on a Saturday, my evening wont be as fun' haha

Lol

Yeh man. I wore them as a extra precaution. When I was standing with my arm up I got a funny feeling about "that" BB....it sailed straight into Captain Winky....The padding cut down the worst of the sting but I was glad I was wearing them.

The only things I really protect seriously is my eyes (Hero shark all the way) my ears (I play bass in a band so wont risk injury to my hearing) and my palace of fun.

all the rest will accept bruises no worries.

Are you a rider or just own a horse ? Might try it for my pony because the spray stuff is absolute sh8t. Giving up as I don't have time anymore due to rugby :(

Both owner and rider. Definitely worth a shot - mix in vinegar and water (50% water, 25% each of the others) and a few drops of citronella oil.

Off-topic, I know!

I worked as a professional showjumper for a few years in my youth, but developed expensive habits like eating! Started again around ten years ago with a 16.3 3/4 TB. Lovely boy, great jumper, but something of an...attitude. Basically, he's had everybody who's ridden him off at some point. We've has good fun though, and won our share in the showjumping arena. Time moves on however and we're turning into a couple of old blokes together...

post-8826-0-97254800-1439477580_thumb.jpg

Off-topic, I know!

I worked as a professional showjumper for a few years in my youth, but developed expensive habits like eating! Started again around ten years ago with a 16.3 3/4 TB. Lovely boy, great jumper, but something of an...attitude. Basically, he's had everybody who's ridden him off at some point. We've has good fun though, and won our share in the showjumping arena. Time moves on however and we're turning into a couple of old blokes together...

You're leg position in that photo :o *shakes head* and hands on his neck :P

Everyone's a critic.

Hands aren't actually on the neck, and that leg position has served me well for many years (and won a fair bit of money too)!

Lets see one of yours then. :-P

Everyone's a critic.

Hands aren't actually on the neck, and that leg position has served me well for many years (and won a fair bit of money too)!

Lets see one of yours then. :-P

If you did cross country at that height with that position you would fall :P

That TM armalite series body tabs might as well be made of glass they're that fragile.

If you did cross country at that height with that position you would fall :P

That's because I was primarily a showjumper. Cross-country/hunting is a completely different kettle of fish.

• Supporters

Things I wish I had known, Just how wet games days could get and how fragile AEG's are.

I forgot it was not my old real steel rifle.

Things I wish I had known, Just how wet games days could get and how fragile AEG's are.

I forgot it was not my old real steel rifle.

Agreed!

The AK47 I had, I could leave it in the dirt.. not clean it for days after firefights.. leave it in the rain (..the very little rain we had anyway!) and it would still work a beauty!

Things I wish I had know:

How many bb's would be strewn across my floor and around my garden! Kids are always finding them. I'm sure they breed under the sofa. The bb's that is, not the kids. :D

Things I wish I had know: How many bb's would be strewn across my floor and around my garden! Kids are always finding them. I'm sure they breed under the sofa. The bb's that is, not the kids. :D

Damn things are like Tribbles!

• Supporters

GBBR are simpler then AEGs in the long run.

Is that so? How much does GBBR set up cost?

Is that so? How much does GBBR set up cost?

Well so far despite being a noob to the game I managed to fix every problem I had with my L85. All I have done is fuck up my new AEG trying to bring the FPS down so far. There more hands on per game but on the whole far far simpler to work on. On the other hand I probably had a total cost so far of £550 before I sold it on for the gun and the rest of the bits I brought for it. Once I'm staying in private accommodation at uni the following year I may well look into going HPA as it looks far more reliable.

I wish I had know how many absolute bell ends play airsoft. From simply double digit IQ morons right through to full on cockwombles.

I started playing at halo mill and met a great bunch of lads, that I wish I had made more effort getting to know and kept in some sort of touch with. now I just seem to meet people I wouldn't piss on.

Maybe it's a me problem, maybe I need to change sites.

• Supporters

I wish I had know how many absolute bell ends play airsoft. From simply double digit IQ morons right through to full on cockwombles.

I started playing at halo mill and met a great bunch of lads, that I wish I had made more effort getting to know and kept in some sort of touch with. now I just seem to meet people I wouldn't piss on.

It's not a you problem. Seriously.

Find a good team , run internal events, thats how my team (Bolsheviks) do it. People take their hits, everyone gets on because if you dont you get booted. We have a setup where the organisation committee play the enemy for the rest of the team.

Find a good team , run internal events, thats how my team (Bolsheviks) do it. People take their hits, everyone gets on because if you dont you get booted. We have a setup where the organisation committee play the enemy for the rest of the team.

#Bolshforlife

Yeah I can second what Monkee has said - internal events (like the Bolsh ones) are always more relaxed since everyone already knows each other.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.