krytac aegs

joshcowin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not heard about them, where have you been? ;)

They are meant to be the best stock aeg you can get atm. They have an internal mosfet in the gearbox, shimmed, aoe corrected, special holes in the gearbox I think, good hop up system and quick change spring. I have t heard a bad review of them and they are meant to be incredibly good Here's a review:

And another from shizbazki

• Supporters

I wouldn't take one over an ERG, tm recoil or several others and I think they're pretty ugly but if you want something that'll shoot well and last they'll do the job. That said there was a lot of hype around dytac too....

• Supporters

I wouldn't take one over an ERG, tm recoil or several others and I think they're pretty ugly but if you want something that'll shoot well and last they'll do the job. That said there was a lot of hype around dytac too....

Dytacs were no better than any bog standard aeg. The Krytac doesnt have the smile factor of either of the recoils you mentioned but the internals are better quality. Good quality materials and put together amazingly well. Will shoot as good if not better than most stock aeg and I reckon will probably outlast most as well but they are still too new to know that for definite.

As for being ugly the only problem is the pistol grip which is a 5 minute job to change at the end of the day its an M4 there all pretty much the same.

My only concern is maybe the service. The shops dont seem very good at getting stock whether thats a supply issue I dont know.

I contacted Krytac about a model that isnt available in the uk after being messed about by an american store. They were quick to reply but not very helpful which left a me feeling a bit disappointed like they dont really give a toss about the European market. I was all set to buy one but now I am having second thoughts.

The Airsoft tech has a breakdown of the parts in a Krytac (

). The TLDW is that the parts are the best you'll find in a stock gun, its shimmed pretty well and basically is great internally.

Its those internal parts and the great external finish that makes the Krytac guns what they are. They shoot really well out of the box, have really good trigger response especially on 11.1V lipos (which they are designed to run). What they don't have is any special parts at all. Its 95% normal M4 stuff and is widely compatible, so its easy to upgrade everything but the mosfet and gearbox shell. But because of that you don't get functional bolt release, lock back, recoil and the other things that make some of the guns that are just a little bit more expensive.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Krytac owned and produced by the real steal Swiss company Kriss Arms? Parts produced out in TW but put together in the US, sure I read that somewhere...

Really like what they've done.

The Airsoft tech has a breakdown of the parts in a Krytac (

). The TLDW is that the parts are the best you'll find in a stock gun, its shimmed pretty well and basically is great internally.

Its those internal parts and the great external finish that makes the Krytac guns what they are. They shoot really well out of the box, have really good trigger response especially on 11.1V lipos (which they are designed to run). What they don't have is any special parts at all. Its 95% normal M4 stuff and is widely compatible, so its easy to upgrade everything but the mosfet and gearbox shell. But because of that you don't get functional bolt release, lock back, recoil and the other things that make some of the guns that are just a little bit more expensive.

thanks sound exactly what im looking for ive never wanted a aeg blowback anyway so thats not a problem,and a mosfet is brilliant.Is the mosfet programmable? would mind creating a dmr out of it.

thanks sound exactly what im looking for ive never wanted a aeg blowback anyway so thats not a problem,and a mosfet is brilliant.Is the mosfet programmable? would mind creating a dmr out of it.

No its not programmable, just a basic mosfet that defends the trigger contacts. Because of how it goes in its not actually easy to replace, but I guess a burst wizard or something else in there wont do any harm and would get DMR without modifications.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Krytac owned and produced by the real steal Swiss company Kriss Arms? Parts produced out in TW but put together in the US, sure I read that somewhere...

Yeah i believe that's true, i heard it somewhere too

• Supporters

Sort of. They're a "product development" arm of Kriss Arms but based in Southern California http://www.krytac.com/index.php/about

I'm still holding a safe level of cynicism, it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

It's also interesting to note that most of the praise is coming out of polished and biased sources. It just stinks of a very successful marketing campaign IMO.

Has anyone actually seen any in the flesh yet? The fact land warrior sold out so quick makes me think they didn't invest a huge amount into stocking any quantity of them.

• Supporters

I'm still holding a safe level of cynicism, it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

It's also interesting to note that most of the praise is coming out of polished and biased sources. It just stinks of a very successful marketing campaign IMO.

Has anyone actually seen any in the flesh yet? The fact land warrior sold out so quick makes me think they didn't invest a huge amount into stocking any quantity of them.

Yes. I had a jolly good fondle of one at the airsoft expo. Very nice build quality for sure. Solid.

• Supporters

Ive played around with one and opened it up and yes they are extremely well built and shoot very well. No idea on the longevity of them for definite but I reckon they will last quite a while before anything goes wrong.

• Supporters

Yes i have and its sitting on the desk next to me :D a Krytac Trident CRB AEG

When did i get it: See the second video in the second post as it was made by me (22-05-15)

Where did i get it: Pro Airsoft Supplies, London

Why did i get it: Wanted another M4 AEG as spare for friends and for possible future build maybe Polarize, didn't want a TM so chose the Krytac based off Jonathon Higgs at Airsoftology, plus a having a large amount of spending money no wife and kids plus decent paying jobs helps :P

What do i think about it: As everyone else here says its a pretty decent gun, the upper, lower and front handguard are all made from quality aluminium, the keymod slots in the front handguard have been machined to Keymod spec so will fit any Keymod parts properly and i like it as its means a slimmer front hand guard. Not a fan of the rear stock as it looks very boxy from a side profile but does allow you to change batteries quickly and has space for big batteries too (currently using some 7.4 LiPos rewired AEG and batteries to Deans), Other than that the outside is pretty stock.

The internals is the only place where Krytac has made an effort, the Gearbox has a special cut out for that MOSFET but bare in mind it only has a single signal wire rather than a dual signal wire system so some current still arcs through the trigger contacts, gearbox has cut outs to view the AOE and oil it without having to open it, it also has a quick change spring system which is always a blessing though nothing new.

Hop up is pretty good, the chamber is made from plastic but does have a large numbered wheel so you can dial in the hop up and it clicks in place, bucking is a red rubber though looks and feels similar to G&Gs green rubber. Barrel is made from Brass, has a small rubber o-ring on the muzzle end to stabilize it in the outer barrel.

Only con of the gearbox is that it appears to be propriety as it has various cut outs for the MOSFET, AOE and oiling holes and also some screw holes for the faux bolt cover to hold on to.

What don't i like about it: The pistol grip when i got it stock was terrible, looked like it belonged on an LPEG so bought an after market one and replaced it in 5 minutes so it looks and feels proper. Also the flash hider is plastic and glued in place, as you saw in the video i destroyed mine taking it off and since replaced it with a KAC QD compatible flash hider though i had to use a 1cm barrel extension so that the KAC silencer would fit properly.

How does it perform: Pretty well actually, took it to Billericay Airsoft on 12-07-15 as a loan gun to a friend who used it for a day, clocked in about 330FPS on the Chrono and around 16RPS, fired dead straight using some clone Magpul MBUS Sights fitted. About lunch time that friend had to go home (family issues) and my other mate his Systema PTW blew its fuse so could not use it and borrowed the CRB, we played a few games and in his last one he took a pretty nasty fall dislocating his shoulder, Krytac took a tumble too but was totally fine so well built.

In conclusion: A pretty good AEG for those who want out of the box reliability, consistency, build and accuracy, ideal for the Airsofter looking to step up from a basic G&G Combat Machine (nothing wrong with those) and is looking for an all metal AEG. Do i use it at Skirmishes, the answer is NO, normally i defer to my G&G TR4-18 (HK 416), why because although out of the box it is not as good it has been tweaked up, I am sure the Krytac can be too but i cant be bothered to spend time a resources on it especially if its a loan gun, further more i like the feel of the G&G a bit better, it has that gimmicky blow back feature (which i actually do like) and has a better mosfet. But its mostly the feel of the G&G TR4-18 that i like the most.

In my experience with my M4 & G36 of swapping from a dial hop up to rotary hop up is exactly the same, remove the retaining clip & gently pull the barrel & bucking out & then the reverse of what you did into the rotary hop up

I have had a play with one. Externals are pretty dam good. Agree the pistol grip is very cheap feeling.

The one I saw had an upgraded spring in it.

Nice gun. And for the money great out the box.

Would I replace my TM recoil or TM GBB with one...........nope.

I believe....don't quote me on this, that the gearbox is designed for quick spring change, however the trigger switch is the standard V2 and not the micro switch version. I haven't seen any other design that mixes the two so far. Quite a nice use of both mechanisms.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.