Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

It's not the price that's the issue here, but the nearly new description 

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

It's not the price that's the issue here, but the nearly new description 

If those are nearly new, Margot Robbie must be on her way to mine tonight.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Scam as in "seller doesn't really have it", or scam as in "I wouldn't pay that much for it" ?

The fact his description says “last photo” and there’s only one photo, and the original is on eBay in a completely different country… https://www.ebay.com/itm/315234438202

IMG_5008.jpeg

1 hour ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Any ideas what’s going on here 🤔

IMG_7592.jpeg.fe3b3c3345577303f52adfdca9a44c02.jpegIMG_7591.jpeg.e468ccc0380942037da952e276ab93b7.jpeg

430 for 4 of the worst MWS mags there are and a fucked up gun without an outer barrel, muzzle device or the original stock?

Yike.

10 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

The fact his description says “last photo” and there’s only one photo, and the original is on eBay in a completely different country… https://www.ebay.com/itm/315234438202

IMG_5008.jpeg

That is pretty conclusive.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, JinxDuh said:

Ah, good spot, a reverse image search didn't turn that one up.  Shockingly, Airsoft Hub have actually flagged it up and "removed" it - although they haven't actually removed it 😕

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ah, good spot, a reverse image search didn't turn that one up.  Shockingly, Airsoft Hub have actually flagged it up and "removed" it - although they haven't actually removed it 😕

I reported it as soon as I found the eBay listing. Seeing a HPA shoei is really uncommon over here, ironically his advert showed up right next to the eBay one 😂

IMG_5010.png

10 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Any ideas what’s going on here 🤔

IMG_7591.jpeg.e468ccc0380942037da952e276ab93b7.jpeg

Looks like a length of microbore pipe that @Dan Robinsonhas been practising his soldering skills on 😂😂

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Looks like a length of microbore pipe that @Dan Robinsonhas been practising his soldering skills on 😂😂

No soldering this week - it's all been crimpy crimpy:

20240321_151945.thumb.jpg.c14bc46fcfa893493c4f06bcc92f775c.jpg

And unless I screw it up - there shouldn't be any soldering on the wiring tomorrow.

Cheeky fecker.

2 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

No soldering this week - it's all been crimpy crimpy:

20240321_151945.thumb.jpg.c14bc46fcfa893493c4f06bcc92f775c.jpg

And unless I screw it up - there shouldn't be any soldering on the wiring tomorrow.

Cheeky fecker.

How do the crimp fittings compare to end feed fittings in price and performance?

I guess they would be useful if you have water in pipes which cause problems with soldering.

Can they be used in confined spaces like under a floor or awkward little cupboards? I'm just thinking about the size of the crimping tool.

15 minutes ago, Shamal said:

How do the crimp fittings compare to end feed fittings in price and performance?

I guess they would be useful if you have water in pipes which cause problems with soldering.

Can they be used in confined spaces like under a floor or awkward little cupboards? I'm just thinking about the size of the crimping tool.

I'll post up some more pics tomorrow in an off topic thread....  I have the larger novopress gun as we do light commercial/massive domestic so pipes can be up to 76mm.  Smaller tools like REMS are fine for regular stuff up to 35mm (the pipes you see there).  We did have a machine that did 108mm, but we hardly ever used it so gave it to a friend.

Fittings are quite a bit more expensive in smaller sizes, but once you hit 35mm it actually starts to get cheaper.  You do have to plan ahead though as you can easily plumb yourself into a corner that you can't get the tool into.  REMs have some funky offset adapters and jaws which make getting into tight spaces and under floors easier.  I just don't like the feel of the tool (it feels like it is going to break, even though it's fine).  42mm and above and you move into a sling-jaw set up which gets heavy and clunky, btu still a hell of a lot cheaper, quicker and cleaner that soldering/brazing.

I also got a jaw for cutting threaded rod which is a total lifesaver.

Geberit have replaced their shitty MEPLA system for the New Flo Fit and it's actually pretty good - two jaws for the whole range, and the smaller jaws go up to 40mm.

Edited by Dan Robinson

15 minutes ago, DanBow said:

£150 more than new. Nice.

But it’s RARE!

48 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

But it’s RARE!

Ah, I missed that bit! 🤣