Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I was going to add a £700 Highcapa to this thread but after a couple of sarky comments from me the seller has blocked me.

Is it worth £700? , please educate me if it is...

No hi-capa is worth £700, no matter how much the seller has been silly enough to throw at it, especially as the original straight out of the box TM variants are superb on almost every level, anything added is usually just prettying them up, bit like a girl with her favourite dolly 😜

2 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Make's a mental note to avoid wolfarmories for a while.

I don’t know, it just made me chuckle that the email was like “Do you want some TM bits?  A new MP5K?  Do you want to buy the business?”

It's still live, but the piss taking speedwanker (or "Seller" as commonly known) has closed the advert to further questions and removed any that have been asked so far. 

On another note, I wouldn't care if it lobbed 1000bbs a second, was made of solid platinum and came with a cheque for £500, no hi capa, especially not one that looks like it's been polished up with a headless smurf carcase is worth that!

I went for a nosey, seems they've just deleted the add (I thought they'd blocked me), not much luck with their other adds, lots of uncompleted.

Rockstar89, I'll assume you're 37 yrs old, c'mon dude, you're items are decent but they're all... "I don't want to sell it really" prices.

13 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Rockstar89, I'll assume you're 37 yrs old, c'mon dude, you're items are decent but they're all... "I don't want to sell it really" prices.

Maybe that's the whole point? "Yes love, of course I'll sell them", says he to his wife. Then he gets to keep them because "they're not selling love!" lol

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

Think it's the same gnu but different add.

I think you're right. I would've thought they'd take the hint when it didn't sell first time and lower the price rather than put it up

Edit: he's clearly a serial piss taker. His advert for a TM 416 has labour included in the list of costs for the upgrade

1 hour ago, Duff Beer said:

IMG_0282.png

Running it for 25 years? I'm sure I remember them making a big song and dance about having new owners 10 to 15 years ago

Edited by Cannonfodder

1 hour ago, Duff Beer said:

IMG_0282.png

I just got the same email

It must be the season for piss taking prices for hi cappas. No mention of any internal "upgrades" so I guess the only changes are the fugly decorative bits

It isn't so much the price or the misidentification as the 350fps on a 0.28g BB.

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/ak-74-with-folding-stock/

he has now changed it after I messaged him.

Edited by Colin Allen

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

It must be the season for piss taking prices for hi cappas. No mention of any internal "upgrades" so I guess the only changes are the fugly decorative bits

Lol, talk about triggered,  he's closed it down and started another thread & the price has gone up £100 ffs🤣.

And another one has come on for even more, £850 this time,

the world's gone mad🤪

39 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, talk about triggered,  he's closed it down and started another thread & the price has gone up £100 ffs🤣.

Bloody hell. All I did was leave a laughing emoji reaction and post it here, I dread to think what would've happened if I actually commented 

12 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Maybe speedsoft has peaked

Don't tease me with such lovely things 

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

It isn't so much the price or the misidentification as the 350fps on a 0.28g BB.

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/ak-74-with-folding-stock/

As the cyma .28 models are the cheapest AK they do and come with a plastic body for about £130 I'd say everything is wrong with that advert 

Edit. Apologies for the double post, I thought it would merge with the post above automatically 

Edited by Cannonfodder

1 hour ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

For a while or forever? Good to go along and see things but the prices they put things at are extortionate 

With that said it will be sad to see another of the "old guard" shops go. To be fair to them they do tend to have quirky stuff you'll struggle to find elsewhere in the UK.

I've never quite understood how they could maintain a shop that size in London at the relatively low footfall.

19 hours ago, rj1986 said:

I actually found Wolf fairly well priced. I've been "going" there almost 20 years - and every time the staff have been useful

Oddly, I was in there yesterday.

We ventured into London for some moon experience exhibition thing with some visiting friends and happened to be walking past. 

Lots of TM stuff in there (with tags to match) and the guys seemed ok. 

Nearly bought an m93 until he pointed out it was an aep. 🤢

• Supporters
On 12/04/2024 at 22:05, Tackle said:

And another one has come on for even more, £850 this time,

the world's gone mad🤪

I like that it lists the price of the original TM Hi-Capa, then every single part that's been replaced, which appears to be... every single part.

Trigger's Hi-Capa? 🤷‍♂️

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

then every single part that's been replaced, which appears to be... every single part.

but-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jpg

23 hours ago, rj1986 said:

I actually found Wolf fairly well priced. I've been "going" there almost 20 years - and every time the staff have been useful

I’ve bought quite a bit in there since I started, and actually my most recent TM recoil buy was in there as it was the best priced at the time. 

Never had an issue with the staff but appreciate others have - maybe it depends which day you go in!

• Supporters

I used them a bit back when I worked in the square mile, so easy to jump on the tube at lunchtime & grab what I needed, plus at one point I was getting trade discount there via a site owner/teammate, which was nice😁

BUT

On ALMOST every occasion I visited I found staff, including the owner, to be arrogant, borderline rude, & very much up themselves.

Only reason I went there as often as I did was because:

1. I was getting very good prices

2. It was local, & being an old fart I hadn't fully embraced buying on the net, needed to "feel" the kit.

But once the discount had ended & I'd stopped working in london, not felt the need to even consider them for online shopping.

56 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I used them a bit back when I worked in the square mile, so easy to jump on the tube at lunchtime & grab what I needed, plus at one point I was getting trade discount there via a site owner/teammate, which was nice😁

BUT

On ALMOST every occasion I visited I found staff, including the owner, to be arrogant, borderline rude, & very much up themselves.

Only reason I went there as often as I did was because:

1. I was getting very good prices

2. It was local, & being an old fart I hadn't fully embraced buying on the net, needed to "feel" the kit.

But once the discount had ended & I'd stopped working in london, not felt the need to even consider them for online shopping.

Yes, on the occasions I went there, staff were unpleasant.