New Inokatsu P226, best airsoft pistol so far?

straffham

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

STEEL slide, STEEL outer barrel, CNC aluminium frame, Polymer grips, CO2 powered. 330fps, Exact real steel dimensions. . .

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Blow_Back_Pistols_Inokatsu_Inokatsu_SIG_SAUER_P226_Rail_CNC_Steel_CO2_Version.htm

Just don't look at the price. . . . !

One the Zed Adventures dudes makes bespoke airsoft pistols as close to real-steel as possible, he said they usually cost the buyer about 800 squid so not too surprising but you'd kinda think mass production would make it half that.

Why do they think its worth more than a real one :huh:

Because it's almost a real one that you can actually shoot people with and not go to prison (depending on where you shoot them) :D

Edit: Curse you autocorrect!

They had the RWA Night Warrior at the Airsoft Expo and that was up for over £700. All absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, who in their right mind would pay that much for a toy gun?!?!?!

Just don't change the sentiment from 'a' toy gun to gun(s) and I'm all good :) I will however spank that much soon as the guys at Laylax spend their time finishing their GITS gun, rather than visiting the used-panties vending machine and going to kareoke bars, i assume

• Supporters

They had the RWA Night Warrior at the Airsoft Expo and that was up for over £700. All absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, who in their right mind would pay that much for a toy gun?!?!?!

What I find even more puzzling is some of the really expensive guns that are meant to be close to real steel build wise still end up with some under performing tat under the shell. I would certainly not expect build quality to be mutually exclusive of performance.

I have no problem with people dropping tons on RIFs if they want to but when you hear, for instance people not being happy with Systema performance you have to think really?!

• Root Admin

For a grand you could completely spec. out just anything to be as good if not better, and have some money left over for CO2 and green gas mags. Ludicrous price given how easy it is to get full metal kits and after-market parts for P226s, Glocks, 1911s, M9s and all the rest.

We've seen this before with the Inokatsu M4s though so shouldn't be surprised. The WA platform has such a vast array of aftermarket parts that committing yourself to one manufacturer is a little stupid when Prime and PTS have/had such good stuff out there.

I honestly wonder who's buying these things. Collectors who don't want to build one for themselves? I've yet to meet one.

I guess its aimed at real world training to look and feel identical to the real steel. Crazy price as said, probably more than a real one. Airsoft stuff is often overpriced though.

I owned an AK74 air rifle some years ago which was real steel Izhmash, built in the factory but with a blank barrel and a 4.5mm bb barrel where the cleaning rod would be, allied to a russian CO2 bb air pistol fitted in place of the normal trigger mechanism, and the lower half of the original bolt cut away to fit over the pistol. Cost was under £400 brand new. Wish I'd kept that one!

Hang on a sec - there's a ban on CO2 weapons at most UK sites? Even if it shoots under 350fps? I thought that was just the dodgy "no gas guns except pistols" sites where the owners hadn't heard of an NPAS...

Also, in terms of the price...it's a phenomenon seen in every market, from clothes, to cars to gaming pcs. There will always be customers willing to pay a lot for the very best. Most of what we buy isn't evaluated at a really objective or even logical level, or else we wouldn't have a consumer culture. A significant aspect of buying things is the sale itself. Coveting the item, and then spending money to buy it. It's a power trip, being able to have what you want, by seemingly doing nothing more than typing a few characters out on your keyboard, clicking a few links, and waiting a few days for the post. It's the reason people get addicted to spending. It's got nothing to do with the thing they're actually buying, they just get hooked on the feeling of spending money. It's the same reason people spend hours and hours browsing the internet, looking at stuff. There must be some sort of chemical hormone process going on there, because 99% of the time, it's a waste of time, but we still spend inordinate amounts of time doing it.

Some sites allow CO2, my local one does, simply down to passing the chrono test. Can't see the logic of banning CO2 if its within site chrono limits.

• Supporters

Hang on a sec - there's a ban on CO2 weapons at most UK sites? Even if it shoots under 350fps? I thought that was just the dodgy "no gas guns except pistols" sites where the owners hadn't heard of an NPAS...

A lot of sites don't allow co2 because the fps isn't reliable enough. The first few shots from a fresh mag can go way over the site limits and without a marshal following you around with a chrono they can't be sure you aren't suddenly using a hot gun.

• Root Admin

Also, in terms of the price...it's a phenomenon seen in every market, from clothes, to cars to gaming pcs. There will always be customers willing to pay a lot for the very best. Most of what we buy isn't evaluated at a really objective or even logical level, or else we wouldn't have a consumer culture. A significant aspect of buying things is the sale itself.

Heh, belive me I understand that for some people the spending is what they enjoy most.

What I was arguing though is that the Inokatsu P226 shows no proof of being any better than other pistols with aftermarket parts. I'd hate for people to think they're 'the best' just because they're exorbitantly priced.

See your point and agree, that comparison can be made with lots of airsoft stuff people seem to think is worth it.

Best one I can think of; Is a Systema PTW (the best airsoft gun according to many (although many such types are now defecting to HPA)) any better than a TM full of Laylax bits (at half the price)?

Enough people will buy one for Inokatsu to win, haven't really seen a stupidly expensive airsoft product that failed to sell lol, anyone got any comedy examples of one that did fail?

VFC Barrett?

Socom Gear M107 shell ejector? Socom Gear Cheytac? Pretty much anything Socom Gear do that costs £1200+?

Those are both some bonkers sniper rifles, in price and function. Will sites even let you use 8mm (assuming the gun can still fire 6mm to pass the chrono)? How does 8mm equate to 6mm, surely the size affects effective FPS in a similar manner to weight?

Never seen one so can't have sold too well, perhaps had more success in the USA, certainly looks more suitable for shooting cans in half in your back yard, while sat on a sofa (also in back yard)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.