Is it socially acceptable (within airsoft) to wear UBACs without a rig?

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I'm advancing my loadout, and while I keep reading "all the newbs go MC*" quite frankly, I'm not too concerned, I saved myself £35 when I bought MC goggles over tan/black, and I have MC hat/gloves, and soon trousers.

I've no plan to go beyond running a belt (with pistol holster) with thigh AEG mag holster and a sling for the next 6 months. This question is money motivated, looking for long sleeved MC clothing and these seem just right.

Also, is it noticable if someone is mixing different shades of MC, like tropic with standard.

UBACS - Under Body Armour Combat Shirt (for any other newbies reading this).

*Multicam

Guest PT247

I often do in the summer, is cooler in the heat. Downside is that you'll not be as cammo'd as you would be in a proper shirt and have less pockets.

Thanks guys, I've seen from fictional portrait of military action that in the real military situation no one gives a crap what people are wearing (other than unit coherency), but in airsoft I imagine people have more time and inclination to critique others.

As I currently have not got trousers/top, I do wonder if I would be better off (long term options open) shying away from MC, and going with OD or CT, Or just getting MC trousers and then OD/CT top.

Your gear I wouldn't give a s##t what other people say and think. As long as your comfy. I mix n match my kit with mtp and cs95 (dpm the old greener camo) and no on complains.

I don't but its a bit awkward. Thats good to know people mix and match.

Me and my Buddy Demon (Who is on here) both run UBACs.

Neither of us care what others say, in fact during the winter I wore a sports vest under mine anyway.

Black UBAC with DPM trousers. Actually works quite nicely in the woods during winter.

As said above, it is what you're comfortable with..

SIgFZud.jpg

Picture is from Skirmish Billericay.

As you can see from above, there is a down side to the armoured sleeves... THEY DON'T ROLL UP IN SUMMER...

it doesnt matter what u look like, u can turn up in a track suit it doesnt really matter unless its "milsim"

I think a lass turned up to our site in riding gear (As in equestrian). That was an interesting day...

• Supporters

If you're not breaking the rules or being unsafe and anybody gives you a genuinely shitty attitude over something as banal as your camo choice, know that they are a c*** and tell them to foxtrot oscar.

Because they are. And they need to.

The combat shirt design is ideal for airsoft in my opinion, I almost never wear a standard shirt (I think once in the last 4 years+ of playing). You can get an issued MTP UBACS for very little on ebay and IMHO it is the best upper torso garment for airsoft bar none (from a practicality and comfort perspective). They're rubbish in certain other ways which are irrelevant to airsoft, but they wick sweat better than anything from Crye/Arc'teryx etc which cost 10x as much.

Just to clear up some abbreviation confusion in this thread:

MC - Multicam, the original American pattern

MTP - British issue

Anything like MTC, MT Camo, V-Cam, MTP-compatible or Camogram etc etc (and there are many such made-up patterns out there at airsoft gear stores) are proprietary clones. Never trust what any retailer says if their product line is mainly aimed at the airsoft/cadet market. There's stuff out there labelled simple as being real MTP when it simply isn't; if you're not bothered because it's bb warz then hey that's cool. But if you don't want copy stuff you have to shop very carefully indeed.

MC - Multicam, the original American pattern

MTP - British issue

Anything like MTC, MT Camo, V-Cam, MTP-compatible or Camogram etc etc (and there are many such made-up patterns out there at airsoft gear stores) are proprietary clones. Never trust what any retailer says if their product line is mainly aimed at the airsoft/cadet market. There's stuff out there labelled simple as being real MTP when it simply isn't; if you're not bothered because it's bb warz then hey that's cool. But if you don't want copy stuff you have to shop very carefully indeed.

I only copied what I saw on the shop I was browsing. I did not know MTC was a copy though. Edited my above posts as I did mean MC.

Now that I know MC and MTC are different I think I'll skip (default) multicam and it's clones for my first set of trousers/tops. I like the look of the darker greens. Besides if i'm really going to run a pair of p90s* I might as well go for a PMC look.

thanks for that clue, I was only aware of one of those clones you have listed.

*9KYb8Tub.jpg

Just to echo some of the other comments, try not to let what the site geardo says.

They probably don't have a genuine issue with what you wear-but their life probably lacks any other real fulfilment or purpose, that they try and fill that void by being a king shit about other peoples clothes.

Unfortunately, airsoft does have more than a few people no different from the 'plastics' in the Lindsay Lohan epic Meangirls.

P.s. Lohan looks hot throughout that film, so I refuse to feel guilty for watching it, or referencing it.

there have been a group of guys wearing gimp suits with leather masks at billricay before

BILLERICAY!!!!!! I never realised they got THAT far when I noticed they were missing from the basement!!

I wear a UBACS with a chest rig all the time, I don't ever use a plate carrier (too darn hot!). I have never had one of these mythic gear heads complain about my loadout even when its just a jacket or whatever, I am not convinced this mythical stereotype person exists in any real numbers.

You can play in just some shorts, a T shirt and a pair of flip flops and no one cares.

One thing to note about UBACs however is that the body covering material is quite thin compared to your usual camo clothing. The hits will hurt quite a bit more as a result. I did a UBACs in Bunker 51 one night and came out looking like a piñata after a beating all across my body.

I wear a UBACS with a chest rig all the time, I don't ever use a plate carrier (too darn hot!). I have never had one of these mythic gear heads complain about my loadout even when its just a jacket or whatever, I am not convinced this mythical stereotype person exists in any real numbers.

You can play in just some shorts, a T shirt and a pair of flip flops and no one cares.

One thing to note about UBACs however is that the body covering material is quite thin compared to your usual camo clothing. The hits will hurt quite a bit more as a result. I did a UBACs in Bunker 51 one night and came out looking like a piñata after a beating all across my body.

Likewise, I've been playing over 5 years and I'm still yet to meet these mythical gear heads who hate other people choice of clothing. I have however seen plenty of posts on forums of people complaining about gear heads wearing the latest kit :s

• Supporters

Likewise, I've been playing over 5 years and I'm still yet to meet these mythical gear heads who hate other people choice of clothing. I have however seen plenty of posts on forums of people complaining about gear heads wearing the latest kit :s

+1, and if anything id say this kind of reverse snobbery is just as bad

Just one example: Fireball Squadron, Birmingham. Some years ago some grand worth of kit wearing dude scoffed at some rental in - 'gaypat' (referring to his marpat of course), to which his mate chortled lightly.

Most people are cool with what you wear, but from what I've seen, no doubt - like aliens, Elvis and reliable Alfa's, certainly they are out there somewhere.

I probably wouldn't care, but if anything, I'd be a little glad since you're more likely to feel your hits, sometimes I feel guilty that I might have missed a hit after it bounced off a mag pouch

At the end of the day though, it's your gear so you can do whatever you want. And if someone doesn't like it, then they deserve to be shot... With an airsoft gun... From really close coz you snuck up on the whiney bastard whilst he was complaining about that guy not knowing the difference between multicam and MTP

At the Mall the mood was getting quite horrible and the organisers got us all together and gave us a good talking to. The key point was that in all the big fancy gear it was easy to miss the fact we had actually been hit, especially when moving when you can't hear the impacts over the other noise. They made the point how often do you call a hit in the area of your chest rig verses the rest of you, and I realised how many hits I must have not taken in the past. Its odd how you mostly get hit around your rig but rarely on it especially when moving? Even odder for when its the centre of your chest no?!

Made me think. Its one of the other big reasons I don't use a plate carrier and why these days I use an african assault vest. it all sits on the sides and rear and it dramatically improves the chance of me feeling a hit. I wish more people had been at that talk and felt like I felt about the very likely situation that you had been hit and not noticed because of all your gear. I care so much about it I now wear a very different loadout and I wish others would as well.

• Supporters

Maybe all the armholes are just across the a pond.

This.

SeniorSpaz may well be along to correct me but there DOES seem to be a higher than average incidence of douche-itis among our American counterparts. Not sure why that is to be honest. Granted the internet IS a breeding ground for all that is wrong with society (prejudice, entitlement, the list goes on...and on) and there is a spectacular level of mong on certain airsoft based FB groups this side of the pond too but the worst of the comments I've personally seen online have been on US forums etc.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.