British airsoft show

Russe11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.britishairsoftshow.com/

I can't afford to go atm due to Remus' attempts to bankrupt me by linking a bargain Sten gun without supplying a warning about associated loadout costs :D I'm sure if I went to a show like this I would have ended up living in a cardboard box with a massive new collection of shiney new airsoft gear anyway :D

But for those of you with massive amounts of spare cash or a modicum of self control (how would these people end up on this forum), the link is above. We will want lots of pictures from attendees so we can see what we missed.

As virtually anything new that will appear there has already been seen in the States or pre launched on the net, I cant quite see the point.

Is anything Airsoft actually produced in the UK ?

Now the SHOT show in Vegas which is on at the moment, that might be interesting !

Edited to add - there is some footage of previous BAS shows on You Tube.

British Airsoft Show 9th FEB 2013 part 1

• Supporters

I'm there on the 15th,

Personally speaking it wasn't that great last year, it seemed like an afterthought to the british shooting show and was 'dumped' right at the back :P

Oh yeh JBBG had the biggest stand, wtf is going on there :o

Having watched the video, Im not quite sure what the point of the show is ?

Ive attended a lot of exhibitions over the years and the purpose of all of them has been to show new products, promote things that people might not be aware of and for people to network.

I can see that the last objective could be good for site owners and retailers to get together, but are any gun manufacturers actually attending and will there be anything new that we haven't seen on the far east and US internet sites.

Just seems like retailers bringing guns off their shelves and some of the sites promoting themselves ?

I can understand people who don't do the Internet needing shows to see what is available, but I suspect a high proportion of Airsofters are quite net savvy.

Exhibitions are big business for exhibition companies and the organisers drive the need for exhibitions. We used to attend 10-15 a year at work and now only do a couple. We found it made no difference to our business. Personally, I hardly ever go to them for my own hobbies and interests as I can gather more information online.

It would have to be far better than last year to tempt me along. The traffic and organisation last year were appalling, with a massive queue to get into the site and then another to get into the exhibition halls. As said above, the Airsoft part was stuck right at the back of the farthest hall from the entrance and you really had to fight your way through all the RS weapons and hunting gear to even find it.

And when you did, there was next to nothing there. JBBG was the biggest stand, with tons of two tone gear, as well as RIFs, but apart from them there really wasn't much to look at. I went with nearly £300 to look for a decent new MP5 and ended up with a second-hand one, as there was nothing else there worth buying. My mate went with double my budget and ended up with a real antique rifle instead (he's a collector anyway), as there was nothing airsoft related he wanted. It was the same at the Airsoft Arms Fairs at the Grange. The first one we went to was good and it went down hill from there, so much so that we won't bother going again.

• Supporters

I thought it was the most enormous waste of time ever last year, definitely not wasting my money on it this time.

The entry fee was an utter joke, I don't quite understand how or why they felt it was justified. The food on site was more expensive than airports and train stations combined, and 4 times as shit, the airsoft section was minuscule and handling/dry firing anything on display was heavily frowned upon because it's all about showing the real steel community what airsoft is about.

As a gun show, it's what you'd expect, as an airsoft show, it's a wasted trip and a pile of wank. JBBG were basically the face of the community, they had the biggest stall by a mile and it was the first one anyone saw.

If you want to go to an airsoft show, go to The Arms Fair hosted by The Grange in May and October. It is a billion times better, and cheaper.

Ive just found several new weapons coming on to the market for my Facebook group via the SHOT SHOW in

Las Vegas. Bet you they wont even get a mention at the UK show.

• Supporters

Nah, it's not really the sort of places that dabbles in news and big releases. It's more akin to a museum trip than a place to go for unveilings of new stuff and such.

I've never been more disappointed in anything airsoft related since I started playing.

• Supporters

Yup, to an almost sickening level in some cases, I couldn't believe how up their own arse some of them were.

There were even toddlers in full tweed jackets and flat caps, it was fucking unbelievable.

• Supporters

I don't even mind hunting, animals hunt, we're animals. We've just progressed to the point where we farm the meat, which I'm really very certain other animals would do as well if they had the mental capacity to come up with the idea; but the mind set of the people who hunt it is just appauling at times.

There were actual dead pigeons on show, wired up to robotic frames to make it look like they were brooding/flapping or whatever, in order to lure in other birds to shoot.

I found it quite appauling.

The reason I don't mind hunting is because I see it as giving the animal a chance, or at least more of a chance than if they were simply farmed to be killed from birth. But using tricks is just a bit cheap... Do we not already possess ample intelligence to out think animals without using tricks...?

Archived