Like scoutthedoggie?

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I think he meant Tank as in Septic Tank, rhyming slang for yank.

As to him not having much of a clue, I'm inclined to agree, it also amused me greatly when he was in the 'best airsoft players' event thingy that was run by some chick who's internet famous because she plays airsoft, uses a computer and doesn't look like someone's taken a lump hammer to her face. She too by the way has no clue.

American's will lap up pretty much anything so long as it's well edited, just look at fox news!

Sorry i meant YANK (typo) - but septic works well :-)

As an AS noob myself i didnt realise LevelCap was also a relative to noob

Must be nice to have kit like that thrown at you - i could make a cracking vid if i was given all that kit :-)

But compared to most Yank (and fair few UK) YouTubers - i think he makes good vids - and SOUNDS like he knows what talking about :-)

That's my pet hate about his videos.

He essentially made Daedalus famous because he'd show him firing a single shot - because he used a gas rifle and they're in Scotland, so that's probably all it ever did - and then he'd show someone getting hit, that he'll have filmed from another location, hours later.

People had the impression that Daedalus was a crack shot and he'd hit people with a single shot at ridiculous ranges and it's just pure bollocks.

It's never the person who gets hit in the video, that he actually shows getting hit, it's just a phenomenally annoying editing trick.

Daedalus isn't even that great a shot

• Supporters

I've got a shovel that needs operating. I'm sure we can find a pile of shit somewhere...

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a look at his videos and the editing is very annoying.. it also annoys me how he refers to them as Airsoft Wars, just seems something that a 12 year old in America would say

Also on a side note, saw it in his video.. but people shooting with their middle finger equally annoys me!

• Supporters

+1

One British youtube channel that does get a lot of views is BohemianEagle AKA the mighty Jingles.

He does mainly video game videos (world of Tanks and War Thunder) but mentioned airsoft and his subscribers persuaded him to get back into airsoft and make videos last year. Very different style of video to anything else I have seen because he usually does videos of computer games. He has had to start by going through the basics for his subscriber base.

It's all his fault I got into this, I ran out of War thunder videos one day.

• Supporters

Haha really?

It annoyed me a bit when he started doing airsoft videos, because to me he comes across as someone who has absolutely no clue, but an awful lot of money...

I am a subscriber though, he even follows my channel on Google+

Yup he is a bit out of touch, he stopped playing for 7 years and only started again because people were asking him to make videos about it. There are a million people out there with cameras strapped to themselves posting youtube videos. How many other's do bits to camera explaining what's going on?

He does appear to have a lot of spare cash, that could be you one day if you get as many subscribers as he has :)

I find him entertaining rather than informative, I really hope he never does another review after the AK one he did but the In Country ones were rather good. I never miss Mingles with Jingles, its basically him talking rubbish for 20 mins every week.

• Supporters

What kind of videos do people like to see on airsoft channels?

Preferably concise videos, where you can see what's going on. If their camera is getting rinsed by sunlight they shouldn't put it up on youtube, likewise if it is so dark you double check your monitor hasn't gone into standby. I'm personally not that fussy but it should be interesting and not staged.

I have just remembered a group called Green Mountain Rangers. Trying to find the video as they are a right bunch of mongs. They get banned from a site for: rappelling down a lift shaft, jumping from roof to roof and kicking in a door and when they talk about it you would think it is just standard every day airsoft stuff.

Here we go:

http://youtu.be/E4ABsvRu86g?t=1m34s

• 3 months later...

I feel sorry for Scout. I have known him for over six years, Im not claiming to be his best friend or any such thing. I saw him at The Fort last Sunday June 1st 2014. The guy so wants to avoid being hassled, that he no longer wears the Danish M84 camo which most people know he has worn for years. Yet kid after kid would butt right in as he sat with his friends, they would totally ignore the person talking to Scout and go right in mid conversation, not even so much as an "Excuse me" And that includes you DX115FALCON. You slate Scout videos and the people in them, but you were right in there as soon as you got the chance, myself and others were watching shaking our heads in despair. Just leave the guy alone. Unlike other YouTubers he is not an attention seeking kid, he does not like being the centre of attention. People always ask why he films Daedalus and others a lot, its because they are his friends, how hard is that to figure out? As for shooting the gun and hitting targets, he has explained via replies on YouTube etc 1000 times, over and over again "Its basic editing" He has never hidden the fact. What does surprise him is that people have to ask when its so bloody obvious.

He said one time at POW "I wonder if people meet Steven Spielberg and ask him, how he managed to get video of the Americans shooting at the Germans when he made Saving Private Ryan and did that German actually shoot that American?"

I have heard hundreds of people ask Scout, moron level questions about his videos, questions where my reply would be "Are you F***ing stupid? It's editing" But Scout always remains polite. After you left Scout on Sunday DX115FALCON, one of his friends at the table asked Scout "Why are you always polite to these idiots" I heard Scout say "Because if I say one word out of line, these people will go on Reddit and Airsoft forums repeating what I said, but adding stuff and it will believed by all who read it, no-one will question it, people like to believe the worst about others" And he is correct. I see things about Scout on Reddit and other Airsoft forums all the time, most comes from people who do not really know him, some who claim to good friends of his and I have even heard of people claiming to be him at The Shot Show and IWA in Germany. I noticed the other day, that he did say on his Facebook page, that he is considering going to Airsoft sites in England and not telling anyone who he is, no cameras, he just wants to play Airsoft and have a good time with his friends. I hope he does that, he was a decent player, not awesome, but good enough to want on your team and I could always rely on him to have some good sweets hidden somewhere in his chest rig, be good to see him just playing again. Now guys just give him a break.

GMR, what a bunch of losers. I really liked the teamwork ethic that I saw in their team videos, they were among the first ones I watched. Then I saw some footage of them that wasn't heavily edited and doctored (by them) to hide their dirty tactics.

If you have fifteen guys, all geared to the nines and squad-rehearsed then you already have a pretty large advantage on every other squad/individual on the field. Not taking hits, having hit players maneuver to form shields for fresh bodies moving in, and verbally abusing every other player on the field, not to mention trying to ridicule them in your videos.. All of these are really faggy tactics/behaviours, and stink of tryhard. Even moreso when you have a numerical and force advantage on everyone else out there already.

Then I saw their "greatest" tactic. Send one lad into a really hot room and let him get hit. He then holds up his 'hit' hand and displays a number of fingers equating to the number of enemy combatants, before flicking a pointing finger in the direction of each player. Then the rest of them pile in slinging full-auto everywhere and ignoring/shielding hits until the room is theirs. Never seen a GMR push fail. Easy to win when you're cheating out your ears.

Scoutthedoggie's videos were alright when I was getting into the sport. The fact that he namechecks every weapon you see, usually including manufacturer, is something I really like. The blatantly-not-genuine cuts to people taking hits is quite jarring and frustrating, but better than the earlier ones where this editing isn't present and, honestly, he'd need to be in two places at once or get another shooter to capture that stuff for real. Not impossible, but hey.

I think what's missing from scout's videos is - as has been mentioned - a greater sense of what is happening. Obviously it's easier said than done, but headcam footage from two opposing squad leaders (especially if they make an effort to lead from the rear and capture their squad moves/formations in-frame) and a bit of free-roaming camera to fill in the gaps would give a reasonable idea of the bigger picture. Fill in the gaps with commentary or - and this is something I haven't seen on ANY airsoft video - a bloody overhead map of sorts with rough positions indicated and you've got the recipe for a properly compelling video.

stink of tryhard.

Deej I pretty much agree with everything you said, except, I must ask, whats wrong with trying hard??

I feel sorry for Scout. I have known him for over six years, Im not claiming to be his best friend or any such thing. I saw him at The Fort last Sunday June 1st 2014. The guy so wants to avoid being hassled, that he no longer wears the Danish M84 camo which most people know he has worn for years. Yet kid after kid would butt right in as he sat with his friends, they would totally ignore the person talking to Scout and go right in mid conversation, not even so much as an "Excuse me" And that includes you DX115FALCON. You slate Scout videos and the people in them, but you were right in there as soon as you got the chance, myself and others were watching shaking our heads in despair. Just leave the guy alone. Unlike other YouTubers he is not an attention seeking kid, he does not like being the centre of attention. People always ask why he films Daedalus and others a lot, its because they are his friends, how hard is that to figure out? As for shooting the gun and hitting targets, he has explained via replies on YouTube etc 1000 times, over and over again "Its basic editing" He has never hidden the fact. What does surprise him is that people have to ask when its so bloody obvious.

He said one time at POW "I wonder if people meet Steven Spielberg and ask him, how he managed to get video of the Americans shooting at the Germans when he made Saving Private Ryan and did that German actually shoot that American?"

I have heard hundreds of people ask Scout, moron level questions about his videos, questions where my reply would be "Are you F***ing stupid? It's editing" But Scout always remains polite. After you left Scout on Sunday DX115FALCON, one of his friends at the table asked Scout "Why are you always polite to these idiots" I heard Scout say "Because if I say one word out of line, these people will go on Reddit and Airsoft forums repeating what I said, but adding stuff and it will believed by all who read it, no-one will question it, people like to believe the worst about others" And he is correct. I see things about Scout on Reddit and other Airsoft forums all the time, most comes from people who do not really know him, some who claim to good friends of his and I have even heard of people claiming to be him at The Shot Show and IWA in Germany. I noticed the other day, that he did say on his Facebook page, that he is considering going to Airsoft sites in England and not telling anyone who he is, no cameras, he just wants to play Airsoft and have a good time with his friends. I hope he does that, he was a decent player, not awesome, but good enough to want on your team and I could always rely on him to have some good sweets hidden somewhere in his chest rig, be good to see him just playing again. Now guys just give him a break.

I think everyone is being a bit harsh. If you don't like his videos, don't watch them.

I do have a look occasionally but it's really just to look at loadouts or something because the actual action is kind of boring.

LevelCap on the other hand is actually a YouTuber who's airsoft videos I thoroughly enjoy. Whilst he may not know a lot they are very entertaining.

I think when I look at it Ed's videos are just much better quality than any of the 'big guys' around making vidyas. For once,he knows what he's talking about unlike Levelcap. Levelcap can do good commentary,mainly about the situation in game but he feels like a walking advert for AirsoftGI,added to that he pretty much has no idea what he's talking about gun wise.

My opinion on scouthedoggie is neutral. All that editing crap I don;t really care about,Some videos are very good and some are not,it depends on who he is focusing on. The only thing I can really dislike is the sniper videos since watching snipers play for me is boring,especially from a third person view,it's a role more fun to play than watch. Snipers are mostly interesting to watch from their point of view and still requires lots of editing to get rid of bits like waiting for ages for an ambush to start or whatever.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.