Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7629 posts in this topic

Payday spending spree, me, noooooo.

Oh wait, yes.

Bought a Pantac Molle EV Universal Chest rig from Airsoftsupplydrop.com bought a molle bottle holder to go with it too.

Plan is to remove the straps, repurpose them so I can wear it as a sort of bandolier type thingy on my left hand side to carry mags/gas/bbs/snickers/pyro etc for a superlightweight CQB set up. It's got loads of PALS webbing on the inside and velcro too, so I'm kinda working at the moment on putting an LBT MP7 mag insert onto the velcro and using it as a sort of pouch within a pouch, at least until I can find a dealer for the BFG tenspeed MP7 pouches... then using the bag itself as a kinda handy dump pouch. We'll see... it might all end in failure. The water bottle holder is also getting attached to the inside and it'll be holding a gas bottle for handy refills in the field. Might add a utility pouch to the inside also to hold a bag of BBs, but I'll cross that particular bridge when I come to it.

Also went to dragonsupplies.co.uk and bought a PALS strap sleeve/panel type job, it's for the bandolier plan detailed above, I figure I'm going to need some kind of 'quick access' pyro so that'll go on the strap across my front and have a smoke grenade pouch full of TLSFx goodies or if I ever get round to buying one, a blank firing grenade.

Also for some maximum stylin' (I AM 'down with the kids, respect') I bought a Hazard4 embroidered baseball cap and a couple of shemaghs in various colours, along with putting in an order (no invoice yet, booooo) for a pair of AOR2 combat trousers and a boonie hat in the same pattern. If anyone could point me in the direction of a well priced (NOT TMC) 1961G chest rig to go with them I'd be eternally grateful!

Just got some ESS V12 Advancer lenses meshed by Heroshark. Yes!

MAGNUM SPIDERS <3 despite ordering them at 8 last night the bloke who ran the shop personally drove them down for me as Im skirmishing tomorrow, top lad! They're beautiful.

post-5019-0-46339900-1367595968_thumb.jpg

I've been looking at a set of Russian Gorod on eBay and the guy says that the labels on both the trousers and shirt are '182-108-96' or '56-182' in old style. To me that is 71'' length, 42" chest and 37" waist.

I'm exactly 5'8", am a 34"-36" waist (smallest and biggest) and wear a 40"-42" chest (smallest and biggest). Can anyone here tell me roughly whether the '182-108-96' / '56-182' is my size? I think it is made by Splav, in the Gorod pattern.

I have looked it up, but I'm wondering if we have any russian camo owners on here to help me out. Thanks.

I've been looking at a set of Russian Gorod on eBay and the guy says that the labels on both the trousers and shirt are '182-108-96' or '56-182' in old style. To me that is 71'' length, 42" chest and 37" waist.

I'm exactly 5'8", am a 34"-36" waist (smallest and biggest) and wear a 40"-42" chest (smallest and biggest). Can anyone here tell me roughly whether the '182-108-96' / '56-182' is my size? I think it is made by Splav, in the Gorod pattern.

I have looked it up, but I'm wondering if we have any russian camo owners on here to help me out. Thanks.

That "old style" nomenclature isn't correct and the two don't mean the same either. If the 182-108-96 / H-Ch-W is correct, the old style measurement should be 54-5 or possibly 54-6, but if the "56" is correct it will have a chest size of 44" and waist 38" and is more likely to have been made height size 6 than 5, ie for a big man, rather than a shorter, probably fatter man, but not necessarily lol...

So no, unfortunately it's too big for you.

You want old style 52-3.

For the life of me I can't remember where I saw the height size comparison chart but it goes something like this:

about 170 = 3 / about 174 = 4 / about 178 = 5 / about 185 = 6 and here's a linky for the rest.

Edited by Ian_Gere
Jubigala likes this

Picked up a RS CASV rail system. Needed to make a new mounting for it as the metal strip was missing.

took me 10 mins in the workshop with an old M4 carry handle and sorted!

Lick of paint and i will sell it on as wotn fit my SR-16 but it was too good a deal not to take it.

Thanks Ian, very insightful :)

mtp ubacs £18 :D

mtp shirt £18 :D

mtp trousers £29 :(

I got my UBACS for £13 and my trousers for £10 both off eBay, brand new!

Ian_Gere likes this

Bought an old ACOG off a mate.

Might be a little battered but since it's already sitting on my gun, I CBA to order a new one from HK :P

I got my UBACS for £13 and my trousers for £10 both off eBay, brand new!

I am willing to bet that you are not as fat as me lol i am a big guy

I am willing to bet that you are not as fat as me lol i am a big guy

I thought Joe had left his M14 on the field once... but then he turned more to face me!

@Jubigala: you're welcome. Try to get confirmation on those height comparisons though, because my memory is notoriously sh!t. The only ones I'm 100% certain about are the ones that will fit me: 5'10" 42"Ch + long arms 36"W = 52/54-5

Airsoft-Ed and JRTIGHE like this

Finally found some Blue Force Gear MP7 mag pouches for sale on ebay, bought enough to carry six mags, leaves me room for expansion and means I'll be able to mount them on the outside of the bandolier/bag I'm making.

A cheap and cheerful shoulder holster off ebay and a Harrington style jacket from Tesco!

80's cop movie anybody? :D

I thought Joe had left his M14 on the field once... but then he turned more to face me!

@Jubigala: you're welcome. Try to get confirmation on those height comparisons though, because my memory is notoriously sh!t. The only ones I'm 100% certain about are the ones that will fit me: 5'10" 42"Ch + long arms 36"W = 52/54-5

What I lack in weight, I make up for in vocal cords!

Ian_Gere likes this

Today I've got a pair of DDPM shorts for summer :)

But mainly I've bought a genuine SADF M83 vest!! :D

Waiting on them to all arrive!

Bought a SWAT VTG yesterday, was in London so me and a couple of mates got on the northern line and headed up to wolf armouries. Was wanting to get a bfg for a while and it was just there on the shelf looking pretty.

That said I wouldn't recommend wolf armouries as a retail store, stay on the tube a little bit longer and go to pro airsoft supplies as its a much nicer store with much nicer people working there!

41hFyWUZEUL._SY355_.jpgGerber Suspension Multi-Plier ~ £19.69 Amazon (Save £30.00)

- my last Leatherman got stolen (again grrrrrrrrrr...) but I like the look of this Gerber better anyway.

rexfan10 and Sam_G like this

I've alway's liked the look of them but The price make's me think i'd snap it too easily :D

^^RRP nearly £50

I've had a couple of different Gerbers in my epoch-spanning life and they've been pretty good - I'd say that their screw driver tips get deformed fractionally easier than on a Leatherman, but their blades keep their edge better. The major bonus for this size/type is that the handles are the opposite way round to Leatherman's - so the blades are accessible while it's folded, but more importantly, the grip is more comfortable when using the pliers/cutters.

I've alway's liked the look of them but The price make's me think i'd snap it too easily :D

I've had one for 4 years hasnt let me down yet plus Gerber will sort most issues out if you fire them an email.

Just bought a LBT 1961G replica in AOR2 from a-two tactical (had to go through facebook to buy them, was all very strange), got a couple of IR reflective US Flag patches and a Navy Seals logo patch to go with, should be the beginning of the end for my frogman inspired loadout.

I've just purchased a Russian Flora jacket for £20 from eBay. Bit darker than most Flora I've seen, but is new and appears legit, or a very good copy. Doesn't have any manufacturer label, but looks like it has official russian military stamping.

@ Ian Gere - I would appear to fit a 52-3 if the jacket is correct, so you was spot on! Not sure how trousers work though. I'd be a 30 leg and 34"-36" waist as my weight is variable.

^^It depends on when Russian kecks were manufactured - sometimes they have the full BDU size, so 52-3 would fit you there also

But sometimes you see them labelled like this 172/72/96 which I think means Height / Inside Leg / Waist and I'm pretty sure I've seen some labelled like British Army gear = 78/96/108 Inside Leg / Waist / Seat (ie I.L.+Arse) but I forget which order they put them in.

UTJ probably knows better than me because I've been mainly looking around for Afghan War era Soviet gear.

A replica ops core NVG mount

A Prime CNC aluminium bolt carrier for WA M4's

A Proarms bolt + hop up to take AEG barrels, for WA M4's

A set of hogue grips for 1911's

An accuwedge for RS M4's to stop receiver wobble

Bought a while ago an Eagle industries MAP in OD/RG. Thought it was a clone at first, but now I'm not so sure. It could easily be real.

Also bought an AFG, 14mm CW/CCW adaptor, and a bottle of propylene which turns out makes my glock kick like a mule. I almost wish I had gas mags for my M4 still, but at £18 a bottle I kind of don't.

Nice. Might get some pictures of it all up soon, most of that stuff hasn't even arrived yet.