Idiot sentenced in RIF case

Great... 🤦🏼‍♂️

"A former Fonacab taxi driver who assaulted a passenger with an imitation firearm will spend 10 months in jail and 10 months on license.

Belfast Crown court was told that 49-year-old Brian Alexander Stalford, from Park Avenue in east Belfast, was under the influence of cocaine the day of the gun attack and admitted “acting the hardman”.

The court heard that Stalford issued the threat to the front-seat passenger over a drugs debt.

His barrister Sean Devine said the "supreme irony" of the incident was that Stalford issued the threat to pay off his own drugs debt, and was under the influence of cocaine at the time.

The court heard that cocaine made Stalford “feel confident and invincible and made him act like a hard man”.

Det Sgt Hughes said today's sentencing "sends a message that the possesion or use of firearms, imitation or otherwise, is unacceptable in any modern society".

Previous convictions

Stalford has 66 previous convictions. Judge McColgan said this including two prior charges for possessing an offensive weapon.

The court was told Stalford has expressed remorse and regret for his actions and has displayed victim empathy regarding the impact his actions will have had on both passengers."

Doesn't mention airsoft, but...

Screenshot_20240704_121828_Chrome.jpg

Finger on the trigger, but the hammer isn't back..."hold on a second while I pull over and use the hand I've been steering with to rack this, so I can shoot you!"

27 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Finger on the trigger, but the hammer isn't back..."hold on a second while I pull over and use the hand I've been steering with to rack this, so I can shoot you!"

Safety is on too.

41 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Great... 🤦🏼‍♂️

"A former Fonacab taxi driver who assaulted a passenger with an imitation firearm will spend 10 months in jail and 10 months on license.

Belfast Crown court was told that 49-year-old Brian Alexander Stalford, from Park Avenue in east Belfast, was under the influence of cocaine the day of the gun attack and admitted “acting the hardman”.

The court heard that Stalford issued the threat to the front-seat passenger over a drugs debt.

His barrister Sean Devine said the "supreme irony" of the incident was that Stalford issued the threat to pay off his own drugs debt, and was under the influence of cocaine at the time.

The court heard that cocaine made Stalford “feel confident and invincible and made him act like a hard man”.

Det Sgt Hughes said today's sentencing "sends a message that the possesion or use of firearms, imitation or otherwise, is unacceptable in any modern society".

Previous convictions

Stalford has 66 previous convictions. Judge McColgan said this including two prior charges for possessing an offensive weapon.

The court was told Stalford has expressed remorse and regret for his actions and has displayed victim empathy regarding the impact his actions will have had on both passengers."

Doesn't mention airsoft, but...

Screenshot_20240704_121828_Chrome.jpg

66 convictions!!

He is a fucking knobber of the tenth degree.

I'm wondering how that photo came about. I mean did he have a friend who took it or did he drive around looking for a camera? Either way it should have been 10 years.

Criminal commits crime 

38 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I'm wondering how that photo came about. I mean did he have a friend who took it or did he drive around looking for a camera? Either way it should have been 10 years.

In car CCTV with a fish eye wide angle lens 

Another idiot creating their own evidence against themselves 

1 hour ago, Daveoc33 said:

Unbelievable!

I'm struggling to know if this is real or not.

I know I'm getting on a bit but......☹️

Sadly this is what passes for a Loyalist paramilitary these days.  I mean, when I was growing up in Belfast, we had proper paramilitaries none of this replica waving nonsense.  Jaysus, the peace settlement and disarmament has a lot to answer for......Tiochfaidh ar la! 

33 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

So, do you lose your minicab licence on the sixth-seventh conviction?

Apparently not.☹️

44 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

So, do you lose your minicab licence on the sixth-seventh conviction?

He was terminated by the taxi company (sounds a bit harsh) within days of the footage ‘coming to their attention’

On that basis I’m guessing that it was the cab companies car/camera, and therefore adds to the stupidity level of doing this on camera 

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/man-charged-after-fonacab-taxi-drivers-gun-threat-to-passenger/1832617692.html

He was "terminated" as soon as the video came to light. That's great but how did he keep his job having 66 previous convictions and two prior offenses of possessing an offensive weapon.

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Sadly this is what passes for a Loyalist paramilitary these days.  I mean, when I was growing up in Belfast, we had proper paramilitaries none of this replica waving nonsense.  Jaysus, the peace settlement and disarmament has a lot to answer for......Tiochfaidh ar la! 

Well it has been 27 years since the Good Friday Agreement so I guess most of the real paramilitaries are either retired or dead. 

As I understand it many of them simply went into organised crime

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Shamal said:

He was "terminated" as soon as the video came to light. That's great but how did he keep his job having 66 previous convictions and two prior offenses of possessing an offensive weapon.

You're assuming he'd actually been in the job while he was accumulating those convictions...

Well yeah maybe, but if he had them before how did he get the job. Either way it raises questions.

According to the link below having a serious conviction isn't an automatic disqualification from having a taxi licence, but how this guy got one is still beyond me and makes me think there's something dodgy going on 

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/assessing-application-taxi-driver-licence#toc-4

On 04/07/2024 at 21:05, Cannonfodder said:

Well it has been 27 years since the Good Friday Agreement so I guess most of the real paramilitaries are either retired or dead. 

As I understand it many of them simply went into organised crime

It was a joke man.  

23 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

According to the link below having a serious conviction isn't an automatic disqualification from having a taxi licence, but how this guy got one is still beyond me and makes me think there's something dodgy going on 

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/assessing-application-taxi-driver-licence#toc-4

Just FYI for those unfamiliar with Belfast taxi cabs, they have always historically been ran by either the IRA or UDA/UVF.  So it comes as no surprise that they have scum like this working for them