Body worn video for marshalls

• Supporters

Barrel socks actually make a lot of sense, and they do need to be enforced without exception, because it's the people that aren't bothered by NDs that are the most likely to have them.

The issue is how that information is disseminated. If it's that important (and safe-zone safety is) then you can't leave it to Failbook posts (which I can't find), or tucking them away in a PDF that will be randomly read. I'll keep advocating for having big safety-critical signs on site that nobody can reasonably claim to have not seen.

It's one of my local sites, and generally my go-to site for the past few years - appears tighter run than several others that i have been to, and I do feel that my eyesight is somewhat safer there than in many other safe zones that I have experienced. The barrel sock rule always catches out people that go there first time, and I regularly hear the marshalls pointing it out to people and sending them to the shop to collect one for a deposit, but generally all well natured. It caught me out the first time I went there - and prompted me to sew up a load of them over the next week or so after. To be fair to them, they regularly remind people about the requirement over the (slightly annoying at times) speaker system too.

I've been there approx twice per month for a few years - only ever spotted agro once with players shouting at each other (Why? What's the point? If people are getting that het up and aggressive in their play that everything matters THAT much, they probably need to take a long hard look at themselves and choose a weekend hobby that is more suited to their temperament such as trolling B list celebrities on twitter or something), and that time I saw the marshalls doing a pretty good job of de-escalating in a friendly manner.

I quite like the owner actually - definitely has opinions about things, and I certainly don't always share those opinions. But that's fine, and indeed, that's life... I find it nice that he cuts about the safe zone, asking people how they are getting on, providing advice to the newbies, and generally being present. Not something that all owners do...

My grip, was mostly due to the length of game with little in the way of gameplay...sure wet days need a touch more grace but still it's the time between games and the allowed bombing up time.

It was the "your lucky we are using the whole site for this game" but what that game needed was a little more focused area. 

I will go back in the summer to give it another go, but on wet days I'll head somewhere else

I’ve played Driver Wood today and no marshal was wearing cameras. So might only be used when needed.

Exactly. It's pointless making a big song and dance about having body cameras if they're not used as you can't predict when or where they'll be needed

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Exactly. It's pointless making a big song and dance about having body cameras if they're not used as you can't predict when or where they'll be needed

I think we've got our answer then, clearly it was for social media to push the "look at us, we're a professional site with our marshalls with cameras" agenda, which is clearly a crock of shit.

Wasn't this the same site where someone left a rifle (with guncam fitted) on the floor & someone else walked all over it accidentally on purpose ?.

& then a now defunct member here, a usually particularly argumentative twat, tried to defend what happened ?.

It was around that time I crossed that site off my list of places to try.

51 minutes ago, Tackle said:

& then a now defunct member here, a usually particularly argumentative twat, tried to defend what happened ?.

You need to narrow it down...

I remember the incident with the' accidental stomping' probably couple of years ago now but can't remember who was involved.🤔

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

You need to narrow it down...

Can't remember his username,  just that while everyone who'd seen the vid was in agreement the body language indicated he'd seen the gun before walking on it at least twice ?(I think), this guy argued otherwise.

Anybody else remember it ?

23 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Can't remember his username,  just that while everyone who'd seen the vid was in agreement the body language indicated he'd seen the gun before walking on it at least twice ?(I think), this guy argued otherwise.

Only person I remember arguing with everyone was "Duff" but unsure if it was him arguing. 

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

"Hang on, wait a second: I'll get my camera, then I'll need you to do it again."

Exactly my thoughts

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Only person I remember arguing with everyone was "Duff" but unsure if it was him arguing. 

Nah, wasn't him, seem to remember to remember the same guy kicking off at me when I pointed out a very distinctive afo, think facial tattoos & mad max mullet, had no persec & that previously it wouldn't have been allowed. 

I've been chewing this over and scratching my skull.....😉😂

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I remember the discussion and have been trying to use this site's pretty useless search function to track it down, with no joy.

40 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Nah, wasn't him, seem to remember to remember the same guy kicking off at me when I pointed out a very distinctive afo, think facial tattoos & mad max mullet, had no persec & that previously it wouldn't have been allowed. 

About 11 minutes in

Fuck me that was a rabbit hole.... to save reviving that thread - it was a blatant stepping on the RIF.  You would notice the different feel to the ground, and attached tree roots don't move like that - and if they were loose you would look down naturally to check your footing if only to protect your own pew from "death by fat fuck falling on it".

That's ignoring the laugh at the end and definite pause in step and obvious change in direction of his walk.

• Supporters
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Can't lie, saw my posts, thought it was me 😅, however I kept reading 

No Rob, you were the voice of reason, not the argumentative wanker.

Honest😜

Edited by Tackle
Poxy predictive text

Plus having a second look at the vid - that gun sticks out like a sore thumb on that ground cover (or lack of).  You would have seen that in your peripheral vision as well as in front of you once you'd turned - even in that kind of mask.  FOV isn't restrict THAT much.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Sewdhull said:

The main benefit for body worn type cameras is so that you get an impartial view of events. Ppl are awful for providing evidence, of anything.

Let's have them everywhere I say

I'd like to see them in all the hospitals, but that's a whole new rant thread I think😡

22 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Plus having a second look at the vid - that gun sticks out like a sore thumb on that ground cover (or lack of).  You would have seen that in your peripheral vision as well as in front of you once you'd turned - even in that kind of mask.  FOV isn't restrict THAT much.

Whilst your eyes might see it, what you percieve is something else. Even looking for something in particular you brain may decide to ignore it...mine does when I'm looking for my keys for example

3 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I'd like to see them in all the hospitals, but that's a whole new rant thread I think😡

I'm with you there, my feeling is that people working somewhere should have that where it enhances Thier safety.

11 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

The main benefit for body worn type cameras is so that you get an impartial view of events. Ppl are awful for providing evidence, of anything.

Let's have them everywhere I say

Another is that people tend to drop the Billy big balls act when they realise they're on camera

11 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Along with giving staff the right to refuse treatment to anyone acting like a cunt

Just now, Sewdhull said:

Whilst your eyes might see it, what you percieve is something else. Even looking for something in particular you brain may decide to ignore it...mine does when I'm looking for my keys for example

I know perception is a bugger - I've spent ages looking for tools that I was already holding in my hand.  I would argue though that his change of direction appeared very intended, as with the stop on the RIF.  Adding things together and I feel it not unreasonable to surmise that he was being a cnut in a number of different possible perceptions of the incident.  We know he did it.  So it comes down to intent, or not.

I find it very very hard to accept he did not realise he did it (by mistake), so the cnut charge stands because he didn't come forward for reasons above (the ground and roots just don't feel the same as a RIF no matter how you cut it) and say "sorry dude I didn't see it on the floor - is it OK?".

I find the way he changed direction, moved, stopped and moved on to be very deliberate - and that's before we take into account the fact that that gun looked nothing like its surroundings - which were more or less bare earth and a few small, light grey/brown twigs.  A socking great big, green, M14 and scope would be pretty obvious.

However - the silly sausage that owned it shouldn't have left it like that....  I had a bit a WTF moment when I saw how he left it in the building at the start of the video...  Initially I thought that was the incident in question until i saw the timestamp.

Just my view on a three year old incident... Now as the other poster said in that thread - can we get back to talking about how fricking awesome I am? yay.gif

Mrs Shamal is a teacher and I was saying that they should have body worns.

I. to back the staff up

2. To show how foul mouthed and aggressive the little shits are.

3. Evidence as to what really happened cause some of the feckers are very good at playing the victim!

The police were on the phone to her last Thursday for a witness statement due to an incident that she witnessed whereby a young nqt had two large handfuls of hair ripped out by an eight year old who claimed she pushed him and who  grabbed her hair to stop him falling. All lies.

Another teacher at same school had her finger chopped off at the second knuckle due to a lad forcefully kicking a door shut while her hand was on the door jamb.

Every night she is doing half a dozen cpoms regarding bad behaviour.

I'm glad she only has another year to go.