in a dilemma.

son of dan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 hours ago, son of dan said:

yeah fair point; she's agreed to go to Tokyo with me this Saturday despite the amount of Chinese tourists in that area (they make queue's 10x longer).

ill probably ask her out next time I go out with her to Tokyo. the real question is, where do I go to ask her out 🤣

She spends time with you, has told you how many shoes she has *, and has planned to go out for the day at the weekend - your work is done - just ask before she cools off

No big plans required (and best avoided)

* assuming you didn’t hide in her cupboard and count them yourself 

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

I know I'm growing my beard out, but I am still shaving my hands.  One has to maintain standard's.

Standards

You have gone all "butcher's apostrophes" on us.  We have to maintain our standards 😉

14 hours ago, Tackle said:

You never know, possibly likely, have you seen his dad 😜

images (66).jpg

i dont think thats my dad. he dosent look like he complains about my messy room

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/10/2023 at 02:03, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Ask this lass how many pairs of shoes she has.

The rule is that you can have as many rifles.

That's the law.

I like the cut if your jib young man, you and I can be friends! My wife has a cupboard full of shoes, so I'm off to the shops tomorrow for a cupboard full of pews 🤣

10 minutes ago, Mad dog 49 said:

I like the cut if your jib young man, you and I can be friends! My wife has a cupboard full of shoes, so I'm off to the shops tomorrow for a cupboard full of pews 🤣

Can you wear a pair of m4's to work to earn money? No.

Can you wear a pair of 1911's to the shops to get food for the table? No.

Will a pair of sniper rifles allow you to get to the washing machine to wash your filthy clothes? No.

Be prepared to have a reply for when these questions get fired at you cause they will 😂😂

51 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Can you wear a pair of m4's to work to earn money? No.

Can you wear a pair of 1911's to the shops to get food for the table? No.

Will a pair of sniper rifles allow you to get to the washing machine to wash your filthy clothes? No.

Be prepared to have a reply for when these questions get fired at you cause they will 😂😂

It's all practice for the Zombie apocalypse. 

@son of dan

Date idea - take your lady friend to 41px, floor B1, TamTam Hobby building in Akiba. It's north of the station. They've got a wicked shooting range there and they'll let you (and her) test fire anything they've got on display (which seems to be every airsoft gun in existence I think).

I shot my first GBBR there and was immediately smitten. Then I saw the hairdryer to warm the mags back up...

10 hours ago, Herrgh said:

@son of dan

Date idea - take your lady friend to 41px, floor B1, TamTam Hobby building in Akiba. It's north of the station. They've got a wicked shooting range there and they'll let you (and her) test fire anything they've got on display (which seems to be every airsoft gun in existence I think).

I shot my first GBBR there and was immediately smitten. Then I saw the hairdryer to warm the mags back up...

Pretty sure that's where I bought my Auto 99 when we were there last christmas.  I've just extended my stay this year so hopefully will have some time to go back.

10 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

How did the 'date' go?

He's had another one since then LOL

When I was in China, even though I was 23 years old and graduated from college, and working as a police officer in a prison, my mother would disapprove of me having airsoft in my house (shooting gel balls, but with the same structure as other AEG airsoft).

Maybe you can sell your BM01, because the speed limit in Japan makes it difficult to upgrade a sniper rifle, and most Japanese airsoft's muzzle speed generally does not exceed 300FPS.
And if you want to own a GBBR, you should consider whether the neighbors will come to your house because of the noise of the GBBR.

Personally, it's best to keep your mom happy so you can talk about airsoft. And I'm a little curious that you don't seem to have much interest in handguns. When I was your age, I always liked short guns because they were easy to carry and hide.

On 30/10/2023 at 10:35, Dan Robinson said:

I wish someone told me this advice when I was his age:

Sometimes ignorance is bliss

Even following instinct on a no go can result in issues

We were entertained by a team mates stalker issues - until I declined a no go and ended up with my own stalker 

On 29/10/2023 at 22:18, gavinkempsell said:

How did the 'date' go?

yeah it went good. so far, took her to the Tokyo sky tree, then a cat café (she really misses her cat), and took her to a theme park last Saturday. only just realised how good of a photographer she is (made me look much 10 times better than i usually do, and made my jawline look sharp). but I'm running out of ideas on where to take her next 🤣

On 29/10/2023 at 22:16, Herrgh said:

@son of dan

great shop, like @Dan Robinson said, he bought his auto 9 there, BUT, not the greatest idea considering that her brother is trying his best to avoid conscription in Russia, and she's not fond of most things related to the army/military. 

8 hours ago, son of dan said:

yeah it went good. so far, took her to the Tokyo sky tree, then a cat café (she really misses her cat), and took her to a theme park last Saturday. only just realised how good of a photographer she is (made me look much 10 times better than i usually do, and made my jawline look sharp). but I'm running out of ideas on where to take her next 🤣

great shop, like @Dan Robinson said, he bought his auto 9 there, BUT, not the greatest idea considering that her brother is trying his best to avoid conscription in Russia, and she's not fond of most things related to the army/military. 

Fair point. Alright:

• Harajuku is always a good shout. Girls love Harajuku. There's a mameshiba cafe on Takeshita Street as well - 30min for 1000yen.
  • Yasukuni Shrine has great photo opportunities, but the subject matter might be a bit heavy for a date, at least at the beginning. Edit: As she's not fond of military stuff, avoid the Yushukan Museum which also located in the shrine complex.
  • Can't go wrong with Akiba in general. The prizes from UFO catchers/crane games make for great date memories (if you're financially prepared for it).
  • My wife informs me that the anime-related shops in Ikebukuro are aimed more at girls if that is her thing.
  • Hamasushi, the McDonald's of sushi. Avoid dinnertime.
  • I've not been, but I've heard Ueno Zoo is pretty good.

If you can afford it and can go further afield:

• Enoshima Island is the cliched thing to do.
  • Mount Takao is a good climb and easy to get to.
  • Moominvalley Park/metsa Village in Hanno is the kind of super cute place most girls love.
  • Take a Chuo Line limited express to Otsuki, then a Fujikyu train to Kawaguchiko, and then walk to Lake Kawaguchi. The view is amazing - I take my wife there for our anniversaries. Plus you're right by Mount Fuji so if the clouds aren't too low there are amazing pictures to be had. Maybe save this date for later.

Edited by Herrgh

4 hours ago, son of dan said:

BUT, not the greatest idea considering that her brother is trying his best to avoid conscription in Russia, and she's not fond of most things related to the army/military. 

You are wise

In case of future justification, Keep it in your back pocket that airsoft is a safe fun activity that bears little relation to real life despite the stitch counters

But the wise man knows when to and when not to take ladies to gun related activities 

5 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

You are wise

In case of future justification, Keep it in your back pocket that airsoft is a safe fun activity that bears little relation to real life despite the stitch counters

But the wise man knows when to and when not to take ladies to gun related activities 

Exactly that.

I took my now, wife, for a birthday surprise to the south downs sporting club for her birthday. Two hours of clay pigeon shooting. It only took a couple of weeks for the bruises to fade...mine and hers! 😂

39 minutes ago, Herrgh said:

Take a Chuo Line limited express to Otsuki, then a Fujikyu train to Kawaguchiko, and then walk to Lake Kawaguchi. The view is amazing - I take my wife there for our anniversaries. Plus you're right by Mount Fuji so if the clouds aren't too low there are amazing pictures to be had.

I might knick that one for me and SWMBO.  thumbsup.gif

28 minutes ago, Shamal said:

It only took a couple of weeks for the bruises to fade...mine and hers!

But were they the fun kind - or the I f'ked up kind? LOL

Edited by Dan Robinson

4 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I might knick that one fro me and SWMBO.  thumbsup.gif

It's a good one. Take photos! You can also take the tourist boat around the lake, or do what we do and just sit by the lake shore and admire the view, with a haul from the nearby Lawson in hand (booze and chicken for me, cake for her.)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.