What do you truly desire...

gavinkempsell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry for the Lucifer quote...

Looking for inspiration, I have a small list of Rif's I would like to buy as they appear in the classifieds or at a decent price new, but most of them are variations of pews I already have.

What rif, pistol, shotgun would you buy as and when the opportunity presents itself?

The more unusual the better.

n.b. not upgrades.

my list includes,

MP9

SPAS12

M60 VN

Walther P38

MP5K

L119A2

etc...

I've got an MP9, Masada/ACR and L85A2 so list goes;

• L86 LSW
  • F2000
  • Tavor
  • WA2000
  • Scar-H
  • VorpalBunny AM.45 and P90 just because it annoys people and they're rare. Often used as wall hangers rather than in games
  • APS CAM870
  • AK12
  • MP5SD

The amount of people who've asked about my MP5 when I've played with it has me thinking they're considered rare in the UK.

Edited by MrTea

A decent MP5. Ive only played a couple of games so far and picked up a lovely Valken M4 but my dream RIF is an MP5. It was seared on to my brain by the hooligans from Hungerford going for a little tea party at the Iranian Embassy when i was a wee nipper.

A gas blow back Bren would be pretty damn awesome

A gas F2000 would be super cool

As would a Sterling SMG

Otherwise I share a couple of the usual suspects already mentioned... and some others - all gas blow back because of the real steel feels

Browning Hi Power

L1A1 SLR

HK G3

HK MP5 (original style hand guard)

L85, or even better an XL60

For me top of the list would be a H&K G11, but it'll need to have the correct rof on 3 round burst setting. Followed by (in no particular order)

WA2000,

Gas powered SPAS 12,

M2 Stinger (this 

)

I have two M4 variants, I don't want another so I guess my (wish) list has shrunk down to one of each platform 

- mp5 or close 

- short pointy AK

- a useable "Cutlass" (m92 long barrel, it's a 90's kid thing)

- then on the more unusual in the G14 G33 (both g36 variants) and a p90.....

• Supporters

I may be self-reporting for deviancy here, but the only thing I really hanker after is... [looks around guiltily]... a P-90.

12 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Sorry for the Lucifer quote...

Definitely a self-report here: whenever an armed Tricia Helfer is on screen, all I can focus on is her super-strict discipline.

tricia-helfer-gun.gif.e238041ee0fac6b666017d4adb7cc0fa.gif

I'm looking at a Licensed M4, and I'm torn between the Umarex H&K 416 or the Cyma EMG DD M4A1. They both look great, perform well but CYMA is cheaper and the QBS and internals are highly praised. Also CYMA is cheaper. I have heard bad things about both (including horror stories about the CYMA) so advise would be great! 

53 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Roger 14 is a shout. Ultimate A-Team vibes

Yeah, but then you'd need...

a fecking A-Team van (pic wouldn't upload)

ecf4801f-c030-4fe4-a151-73f64ea25e25-resize-950x633.webp

Edited by gavinkempsell

33 minutes ago, The DrabOlive said:

I'm looking at a Licensed M4, and I'm torn between the Umarex H&K 416 or the Cyma EMG DD M4A1. They both look great, perform well but CYMA is cheaper and the QBS and internals are highly praised. Also CYMA is cheaper. I have heard bad things about both (including horror stories about the CYMA) so advise would be great! 

VFC / Umarex AEGs don't have the best reputation - Luke @ Negative Airsoft has a hatred it seems!    (Their gas blow-backs are much better).   Cyma would get my vote.

2 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Yeah, but then you'd need...

Bad linky :(

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

12 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Like Rostok "I have no affiliation with DE" McSpoons, I'm a big gas blowback fan, so GBB versions of:

Of course DE now have a GBBR of their very own, which seems to be being very well received... I'm sure something will happen in the future...

1677390661_MysticMeg.jpg.b28a4eedf76e920ef6c2b38d1564ae1b.jpg

Off the top of my head, there’s 3 guns I’d really like at the moment, obviously GBB’s:

VFC MP5SD

VFC M110K1

A GBB M16 or M4 with the A2 solid carry handle.

Edit

Also a full weight GBB M249. The feel of the VFC version is just wrong. 

Edited by Super64

What is the obsession with the solid carry handles on M16s?    The removable ones are surely good enough, plus give the option of a modern optic if needed?

Having said that, I'll put up with one on an XM-177.   But that's because I really like the super-long flash hider aesthetic ;)   
Or the full-monty M16A1, as I had a toy one when I was a kid and loved it.  (Embarrassingly, I outgrew the damn thing but still ran around with it in my garden, to the point I made a wooden stock extension for it to increase the length of pull!)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Just now, RostokMcSpoons said:

What is the obsession with the solid carry handles on M16

For me it's the historic 'feel', I have 1 with a solid handle because I wanted it to be an historically correct M16A1 VN with a 3 prong flash hider, 2 others have carry handles on picatinny rails, the rest are just picatinny with a combination of optics & iron sights.

It's all down to personal preference tho isn't it?

My prop L1A1 is obviously molded from one with wooden furniture but the carry handle was polymer (this bugs the hell out of me).

18 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

I have 1 with a solid handle because I wanted it to be an historically correct M16A1 VN with a 3 prong flash hider

The more I think about it, the more I want a VN-era M16 too.

Solid carry handles FTW!

46 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

What is the obsession with the solid carry handles on M16s?    The removable ones are surely good enough, plus give the option of a modern optic if needed?

Although I've not taken the plunge myself, I was tempted based on how frickin cool the Gary Gordon/Danny Archer CAR-15s are. I suspect that, plus Larry Vickers are the root causes.

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Having said that, I'll put up with one on an XM-177.   But that's because I really like the super-long flash hider aesthetic ;)   
Or the full-monty M16A1, as I had a toy one when I was a kid and loved it.  (Embarrassingly, I outgrew the damn thing but still ran around with it in my garden, to the point I made a wooden stock extension for it to increase the length of pull!)

The A2 style carry handle upper is the one hole in the GBB AR market. As a collector and an AR fan, there’s a gap in my collection that I would like to fill relating to early GWOT builds. Especially the M16/M203 combo.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.