Low power ‘hit’ - bounce or direct hit?

ParHunter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

whilst i don't disagree with the notion that many cases of cheat calling may well be the result of misinformation, it's worth noting that this doesn't mean there aren't people wearing copious amounts of plot armour in this hobby.

A flip side to my other story wasd being at combat thetford a few years back.

I had managed to outflank the opposing team and get in behind them. Stumbled upon a group who were the sites resident players apparently. Slowly moved up picking a few off until i ran into their 'sniper'.

In full view of a marshal i shot him in the backside from about 20 metres (close enough to see the round bounce off). Guy flinches, looks around and then goes back to sniping. I figure ok, maybe it wasnt a clean hit and put a double tap into his backside, behold the same reaction.

At this point i look at the marshal who shrugs, switch to full auto and put a good 20 rounds into the snipers backside at which point he finally calls hit and wanders off. A minute or so later his mates light me up as they return from respawn.

Couldn't believe the marshal just stood and watched and didn't say a word.

3 hours ago, SheriffHD said:

God, seeing people's bbs fall short because you're out of range only to hear them yell "call your hits" 

Back in my marshalling days, a group of players were becoming annoyed that a chap that they were shooting at was not taking his hits.  I went over to where he was lying to observe; their BBs were falling about 3m in front of him.

Similar things happened so many times.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Not only can i beleive it, i'm not even surprised.

It sums up the quality of marshalling at many sites.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

whilst i don't disagree with the notion that many cases of cheat calling may well be the result of misinformation, it's worth noting that this doesn't mean there aren't people wearing copious amounts of plot armour in this hobby.

I find that often the ones who cheat call the most are the ones who need a few extra shots to encourage them to call the hit. 

Twice I've asked a Marshall to check a potential cheater....once it was confirmed that I was indeed doing an admirable job of stripping the tree he was hiding behind of bark, and that my bbs were only just reaching him.

Second one turned out (on reflection) to be a flag poking out from behind a tree.

Felt like a plonker both times.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

A spare glow stick and a bush can be a fun combination at a night game 

Torch+treebranch+place to hide= hours of fun listening to people get annoyed at that guy who wont take his hits.

On 16/08/2023 at 23:44, Cannonfodder said:

I find that often the ones who cheat call the most are the ones who need a few extra shots to encourage them to call the hit. 

But Maybe they are right and you might find yourself in a youtube video titled “AIRSOFT CHEATER WONT TAKE THEIR HITS until i go close to them and revenge killed by headshot with my HPA shooting 13 000 bbs per second” And then you’d have to move to a different county and change you name and loadout to escape the burning enduring shame :D :D 

On 19/08/2023 at 09:41, Kzwi said:

But Maybe they are right and you might find yourself in a youtube video titled “AIRSOFT CHEATER WONT TAKE THEIR HITS until i go close to them and revenge killed by headshot with my HPA shooting 13 000 bbs per second” And then you’d have to move to a different county and change you name and loadout to escape the burning enduring shame :D :D 

That sounds oddly specific. Are those words of experience?

@Cannonfodder Nope, 🤣  🤣 just taking the piss on that whole youtube genre.

I actually hate how they represent the hobby, and i was looking for some youtube tutorials and as soon as you type airsoft in the search bar, here they come !!

22 minutes ago, Kzwi said:

@Cannonfodder Nope, 🤣  🤣 just taking the piss on that whole youtube genre.

I actually hate how they represent the hobby, and i was looking for some youtube tutorials and as soon as you type airsoft in the search bar, here they come !!

No worries, my reply wasn't serious either.

I know what you mean about the goontoobers and their bullshit clickbait videos, if I ran a site I'd seriously consider banning anyone who puts up those cheater exposed videos

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

if I ran a site I'd seriously consider banning anyone who puts up those cheater exposed videos

I'm hearing more sites saying "Show us negative footage and give us a chance to deal with it before publicising it" now.  Which is as pointless as most other things that they say at the brief, because those who are listening aren't a problem, and those who are a problem aren't listening.

Consequences, or don't bother.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.