Anyone played the siege project in Stoke?

concretesnail

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

Nothing other than you changing your story.

Keep moving next victim awaits.

34 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

And he's certainly not the first to have some odd rules - UCAP and two-tones springs to mind.

I can at least understand their logic.

Refusing to chrono on 0.28s because it's apparently too confusing just.. it doesn't make sense. You chrono the 0.28s, you know people aren't joule creeping, you know what their power is. is done. is finished. No need to gimp a section of your players.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Sneakyduck said:

Tell me again how many sites you run? 

You really do have a Napoleon complex, running a site isn't a guarantee of fuck all, many do it, some quite badly. 

What really interests me is that you feel critical of this forums attitude, yet it's probably the most active & well respected forum existing in the UK currently, at its very large core are members with decades of experience in all aspects of airsoft, most of whom play regularly at numerous sites around the UK & further afield, yet this 5 page thread that's been going July 2023, not one bona fide airsofter has stepped forward & mentioned playing your site, which leads me to believe that, all your bluster aside, other than the occasional noob maybe, your empire is relegated to kids parties & stag do's, all hoping for the genuine survival experience lol🤣

At the moment no one is taking you or your site seriously, no one has said they want to see it fail, just clarity on your rules & how they're presented publicly. 

But here, if anyone makes statements that are incorrect, bordering absurd, they'll be called out on the science involved by those who know. 

You could have accepted it as constructive criticism, maybe even asked for further clarification or advice, but you went all "I'm the boss" & dug your heels in. 

All you've really done is damage reputation of yourself & your site within the Airsoft community 😒

11 minutes ago, Badgerlicious said:

I can at least understand their logic.

Refusing to chrono on 0.28s because it's apparently too confusing just.. it doesn't make sense. You chrono the 0.28s, you know people aren't joule creeping, you know what their power is. is done. is finished. No need to gimp a section of your players.

Nothing to see here move on

Just now, Tackle said:

You really do have a Napoleon complex, running a site isn't a guarantee of fuck all, many do it, some quite badly. 

What really interests me is that you feel critical of this forums attitude, yet it's probably the most active & well respected forum existing in the UK currently, at its very large core are members with decades of experience in all aspects of airsoft, most of whom play regularly at numerous sites around the UK & further afield, yet this 5 page thread that's been going July 2023, not one bona fide airsofter has stepped forward & mentioned playing your site, which leads me to believe that, all your bluster aside, other than the occasional noob maybe, your empire is relegated to kids parties & stag do's, all hoping for the genuine survival experience lol🤣

At the moment no one is taking you or your site seriously, no one has said they want to see it fail, just clarity on your rules & how they're presented publicly. 

But here, if anyone makes statements that are incorrect, bordering absurd, they'll be called out on the science involved by those who know. 

You could have accepted it as constructive criticism, maybe even asked for further clarification or advice, but you went all "I'm the boss" & dug your heels in. 

All you've really done is damage reputation of yourself & your site within the Airsoft community 😒

Yes damaging reputations by offering great game days and a serious attitude to safety. Move on move on. 

51 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

Keep moving next victim awaits.

You think you have victims?  Are you really that deluded?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

Yes damaging reputations by offering great game days 

To whom, kiddies & non players, can't see a long term plan in that once you've hit your potential quota in the population of stoke. 

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I think you're being a little disingenuous with your comments but that's fine. you guys keep having a go so I guess I will keep defending myself. You seem to think wanting to be successful is bad, well that's your opinion. I've tried to explain  but you point blank refuse to listen. So as I keep saying you've had your fun, I'm sure there's another poor sap waiting round the corner. I wish you well just please leave out the insults.

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

To whom, kiddies & non players, can't see a long term plan in that once you've hit your potential quota in the population of stoke. 

My god what is your beef! What are you hoping to gain. Just get on with your life and I will do the same.

7 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

You think you have victims?  Are you really that deluded?

I don't have any victims, what on earth are you on about.

Please come and join us on Discord you will all be made most welcome. Far better to break bread than to be at odds with each other.

https://discord.gg/t7NUt9vU

On 24/07/2023 at 15:44, concretesnail said:

Afternoon all.

Has anyone here played, or attended the siege project in Stoke, linked to or run by Sierra airsoft possibly?

I ask as I found out about it and I'm curious as it's not too far away from me but their system doesn't readily give out information so I contacted them and got odd replies that then required additional clarification.

(See pictures)

I asked about site limits and rules as  cqb sites I've played in the past have weight limits for bbs as well as fps limits/joule limits and an evening game is £25 which would be wasted if I couldn't meet rules. 

Is the hap-hazard, almost mis-information, from who ever answered my query likely to reflect the way they run their site?

1117515957_Screenshot_20230724_154135_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.cc8593b2e0c441dd44a17d0a1229d622.jpg519613450_Screenshot_20230724_154228_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.02d5d95db71f18236320893e8339998a.jpg1489191430_Screenshot_20230724_154235_SpacesbyWix.thumb.jpg.abfa4681d791464571f9bbf8a002cbbe.jpg

Please join us on Discord you will find a warm welcome, with honesty and dare I say it fun. https://discord.gg/t7NUt9vU

I'm almost tempted to go.

I reckon I could get a free game and sandwiches and cake if I promise to put my thoughts and impression on afuk.

How far is Stoke on Trent from Pompey....

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Thought I would check out the forum as I plan on getting back into airsoft, can't believe people are still arguing about joule creep. 

Nice to see nothing changes, bloody airsofters will argue about anything.

Hi you’ll be pleased to hear knowone argues on here https://discord.gg/thesiegeproject

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Sneakyduck said:

Hi you’ll be pleased to hear knowone argues on here https://discord.gg/thesiegeproject

Nah I like the lively discussions that happen on here. Sometimes you learn something,sometimes you just get to laugh at an hysterical idiot. Either way all good.

Didn't read the whole thread but will say on the hpa thing you are right and wrong. The day warming up will effect fps on airsoft guns as hot air is less dense so you get less drag but not enough to really have much of an affect on a 6mm fraction of a gram spherical ball. Especially when you take into account that the colder air in the morning will be denser which leads to a better push, but again so negligble that it makes a difference that is way below standard fps variation on any airsoft gun. The medium used for hpa is the same as aeg so the outcome would be the same as hpa so limiting only one makes no sense.

The only real argument is gbb as they can climb up in fps from a cold morning to warm aftenoon hugely as the medium used for propulsion reacts to temperature change far more than air.

So people on here are correct the rule is kind of pointless but as it's your site your rules are your choice and if people have an issue then no one forces them to go there.