Rossi L119A2 AEG

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got an email from Bespoke Airsoft recently - but only just got around to reading it, advertising a gnu that's back in their stock list... it's a Rossi L119A2 
Now normally I probably wouldn't have clicked the link, but I do actually own a Rossi sniper rifle... although I bought it used, on a whim, it's quite a nice VSR clone.  So I had a look.

542294637_RossiL119A2.jpg.8ab6f804f36f7c9bd8a9317abe23d523.jpg

It looks rather nice, and I rather suspect from the specs that they've possibly borrowed the Double Eagle's Falcon control unit - it has active braking plus binary and burst modes.
It also comes with a 16:1 gearset, a Quick Change spring system, and an ML hop + Omega nub pre-installed.

For £290 it might not be the greatest value when compared to the DE's, and it's certainly no true L119A2 clone, but someone might like this for the trades etc as a good jumping-off point for a 119 build :)

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/rossi-l1911a2-full-metal-airsoft-gun-with-mosfet

I've seen these crop up a few times, like you say - certainly won't be the worst base for a budget A2 build. Definitely a lot cheaper than some of the other alternatives!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Shame it’s got Neptune spear written on it 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

TIL two SBS officers helped with the planning of Neptune Spear. Not sure it's enough to use a UKSF replica as a "tribute" though.

45 minutes ago, Lozart said:

TIL two SBS officers helped with the planning of Neptune Spear. Not sure it's enough to use a UKSF replica as a "tribute" though.

Neptune spear was 2011 , L119a2 was 2014 so just a weird “ what can we write on it “ to make it cool bullshit .

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Neptune spear was 2011 , L119a2 was 2014 so just a weird “ what can we write on it “ to make it cool bullshit .

Fair point.

11 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Shame it’s got Neptune spear written on it 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Lol, they can soon go away and be replaced by pukka trades or just camo paint it. :)

Is it a true a monolithic upper?

Edited by BigAl

13 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Lol, they can soon go away and be replaced by pukka trades or just camo paint it. :)

You’d always know though … the shame of it 😛 

13 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Is it a true a monolithic upper?

Obviously blinded by the Neptune spearyness

IMG_4443.jpeg.fb3d5d314394c109def57494d32e2e90.jpeg

Am I missing something? Wasn't there several comments on many threads how stagnant the rif selection is and here some of you good folks are, drooling over what is essentially an M4 variant....? I guess that is what I am missing, ok so is is a Brit L119 variant so the upper is almost different but it is still the M4/ar silhouette.

6 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Am I missing something? Wasn't there several comments on many threads how stagnant the rif selection is and here some of you good folks are, drooling over what is essentially an M4 variant....? I guess that is what I am missing, ok so is is a Brit L119 variant so the upper is almost different but it is still the M4/ar silhouette.

On the plus side, LCT are releasing their G3K this month. Far as I know, it is the first time that model is available.

Still no sign on King Arms bothering with their L1A1/FAL re-release. 

Worth noting that for some reason odd reason Rossi decided to make it too long for the cqb and too short for the carbine . The issue is it.s not just the barrel length , it's the rail length that wrong too.

It is funny seeing all the L119A2 options arriving on the market just as it leaves service though 

• Supporters
On 01/07/2023 at 01:13, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Some of us like ARs...

1 hour ago, 1st commando said:

It is funny seeing all the L119A2 options arriving on the market just as it leaves service though 

I hadn't heard that. What's it being replaced with?

56 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

Been replaced , It's a knights armament KS1

Well that's taught me something new, thanks! Interesting that the L119A2 didn't stick around for long at all!

22 minutes ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Well that's taught me something new, thanks! Interesting that the L119A2 didn't stick around for long at all!

8 years which is a reasonable time but not as long as others 

On 30/06/2023 at 14:04, JimFromHorsham said:

Also didn't the septics use the HK416?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.