Entry Level Case/Bag

jonesy17

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've done a big of digging and searching, but wanted to ask in all of your experiences what youve found to be the best RIF case/bag to be from an entry level perspective.  

Someone new to the hobby, with one RIF, a few extra mags and batteries, and maybe a couple of attachments. 

Not necessarily any extra storage for side arms, other gear. But something simple, compact and affordable for someone still in their Airsoft infancy. 

Pics of your setup in said case/bag are always interesting to get a real Life perspective. 

Thanks! :)

I wouldn’t say there is an entry level case or bag bud. It’s just down to how much you want to pay/ risk to protect your pride and joy. Try looking at the Nuprol range of cases. Very good value, lots of space and lots of protection. 

260064373_Ikeabag.thumb.jpg.76efba987ab93b57b9893ba4f385e737.jpg

I post that partly as a joke (I'll get my coat*), and partly cos that's what I've used in the past to transport my "way too much stuff" from car to safe zone.

I've now managed to upgrade to a hard case that came with my most expensive gun, and 3 soft cases all sourced from Action Hobbies.   They have a boneyard section that often includes soft cases at bargain prices (£10-15).   

https://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/product-category/bone-yard-second-hand/

(No bags currently, but does have some DPM kit in there)

The last one I got is a standard padded bag good for a pair of AKs or M4s, but also has a sniper/long rifle zip out extension that won't protect the barrel so much... but does at least cover it up well so the neighbours don't SWAT me ;)

Edit: It's a Guarder M2000 Pro gun bag... https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-m2000-pro-gun-bag-87x28x5cm 

I wouldn't pay £60 for it, but as I got it for £20 or less... a good buy!

* I won't get my coat.  You're all stuck with me for a while yet ;)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I have a very large Nuprol bag and it's fine. Not the best, but does the job well enough and actually fits my rifles, although the front SMG pocket is falling apart so I don't use that any more; inside of the bag is absolutely fine and lets me carry two long guns with ease.

I have the 46" version:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-mp-pmc-deluxe-soft-rifle-bag

That said, at some point in the future I want to get hard cases for all of my guns. Not a cheap endeavour though...

Edited by Impulse

At its most basic you want something that will store & allow transporting your gear, whilst keeping it safe, secure and organised.

You can opt for something specific, or general luggage.

(That can also mean both an item designed for the purpose and/or that you will only use it for the purpose)

I am in the paintball world so most of mine are the ergonomic/compact designs and are easy to accommodate, but I do have a few long rifle types which are less easy 

There can also be other purposes that you don’t think of, when I began to play events quite a few were run on sites with basic safe zone facilities, or would be attended by many times their routine numbers.

I have a Stanley roller toolbox, which as well as a lot of load space provides seating or a maintenance work surface (and of course rollers)

I also have a wide assortment of luggage from basic holdalls, backpacks, briefcases, flight cases, peli cases etc to ‘proper’ gear bags.

The ‘proper’ gear bags are compartmentalised, which means everything can be organised, but they aren’t necessarily designed for airsoft/paintball and the compartments might not be right - for example I have an archery case, hockey bag and other sports among them

I do have a lot of guns, and many live in zip up laptop sleeves.  In each will be the gun & dismantled barrel plus spares/maintenance kit.

This way I can pick one (or a few) and drop them into whichever case or gear bag is coming 

Some come with their own case and live in that.

Long guns pose a different issue, so they live in cabinets or cases. (An archery case for example)

I will typically then carry the long gun or guns in one of the cases and the rest of my gear in a holdall or backpack etc 

One soft long case is a sniper mat/bag which will take one or two.  (And I’ll add a Shemagh etc as a wrap to avoid scratching etc)

Another is a snowboarding case, which is just a long soft zip up sleeve.  I have a cheap basic Hong Kong gun bag with a broken zip.  Slip in a couple of guns, close it with some Velcro strap and drop them into the snowboard case 

A good but slightly annoying one is a rectangular guitar case.  Great for holding a rifle, but the handle is very off balance - it’s offset to carry level with a guitar

It’s carriable, but is a little awkward with its off balance.  So it’s mainly used for storage and if taken on site stays in the car unless the staging is very close, otherwise comes if I can unload and sling a rifle on my back in the carpark

a good option would be a deployment bag they can be had from military surplus shops relatively cheaply and will fit pretty much all your gear. hard cases offer more protection to riff but have limited storage space. thinking about it go to sports direct and pick up a hard suit case. that will fit multipole guns and gear and won't look weird if you use public transport.

A few like mine are:

Poundland laptop sleeves:

0C5CB19F-E72C-4AA6-B420-B987AA1D2D18.thumb.png.afbc2104e5407eb28d0e55b3e4599f1b.png

Sniper mat/case

(Mine folds out more, giving a pleasant surface to lay on and shoot if you were inclined)
BD7E2F92-B0DD-4A9C-AEC1-BA100EC408AF.png.70ae12973b97496a0b105c6eb16f941c.png

Hard guitar case

(note off centre handle position - it could of course be moved) 

41DCABC3-4D46-4429-B9BC-9457F8248AEB.png.a4de6a33d5438a7fe7b2ac7ee593344d.png

Stanley case

(Note that mine is old school and a lot better quality then the current Stanley range. Nowadays a Fat Max would be needed for equivalent quality)

2D6CCC79-02BD-4240-BFB8-E3E2FF8484FD.png.625a4abdbe0bb4cc1e53703d4a64ddca.png

Snowboard case and rifle bag

6BF07C3D-78FC-405A-B681-1D8921EB0D9F.png.c4d04518789210a4d618e3279830db90.pngEC6C8B41-FEDE-4D7E-903A-E66EE578E4D6.png.b514f8ede8498e611a2267fdd592688e.png79008645-64E4-4CFE-A64D-5BBC9C8D3B03.png.cc346f1bbec276c80608e7525de56698.png

Thanks so much for the replies, all. These are absolutely brilliant, and I love some of the weird and wonderful solutions, including the ikea style bag. I have one sat in my utility room that I could repurpose! ;)

I'll have a look at the boneyards as well. That's a great shout. 

Thanks very much again for taking the time to share your experiences!

If you use full face goggles, then both the goggle and spare lenses need to be protected 

Many ‘premium’ goggles come with their own soft bag, I’ve also made a few microfibre ‘bags’ with large Poundland microfibres.  Just fold a large microfibre in half, sew all but one side and add a carry loop.

Then I have a soft cover for goggles whether they are in a gear bag or on a car seat, and a handy cloth to wipe off

Particularly when I was photographing events having this microfibre bag hanging off my belt ready for a lens wipe (goggle or camera) and when off the field I could also hang my goggles off my belt and in the microfibre bag

Based on all of this great advice, and the thought about protecting goggles etc. I found someone locally selling a hard case with lockable latches.

It's a rather large one, and so I've put my RIF in there as well as using the extra space to cut out room for my mags and speed loader. Will see if the goggles can fit too. Going to look like I'm carrying a suitcase haha. 

Thanks again all

Right hands up if you’ve been watching “Desperado” again.

0FE79FB9-C0F4-4778-8539-27436193B7D8.jpeg.1e65039c5f6f9afd7b953ec68e981bef.jpeg

For the longer guns I use cheap non- brand rifle cases. Downside is they are mostly for a single gun and limited extras.

CQB/sub guns I just stick in a Bergen with stuff packed around then. Just a bit easier as some sites when you have stairs and levels indoors or a muddy walk.

Carbines I have “proper” deployment bags. Not really cheap option.

Cardboard box with duct tape handles does the job thought.
And Bubba would be proud. 

F6D3EFB3-5EB4-4D41-907F-028EE9160655.thumb.jpeg.44d561584a34d5058a980dfab9774126.jpeg

Happy New Yeet!

Edited by The Waco Kid

Guitar case solution looks really cool!

Probably the size that I've been looking for really as I wanted something compact for 1 RIF

The used case I picked up last night already had the foam cut out but way too big for my kit. Luckily he kept it back so I stuffed it back in and recut to what I needed. Also used the extra space for storing some accessories:

16728308504123908446107989079533.jpg

This is a random case I found at work for one of those fold out ads....

Foam is out of someones front garden.....

Can't decide if this is peak thrift or maximum poors trying to Airsoft ..

He'll, it works and I like it that will do.

IMG-20230104-WA0005.jpeg

Dude really?

At least get a DeWalt case 😉😅😅

Good job though👍

I use a Guarder gun bag which can hold a rifle, smg and pistol, along with a couple of extra pockets for mags etc. It has straps for carrying like a holdall or on yoyr back like a rucksack. 

If you're going to be using public transport I'd advise against a hard gun case as I found it attracted more attention, usually from pissed up office workers who thought they were funny asking "what you got in there, a gun?" Although the looks on their face when I snapped back "no, three of them" was often quite amusing 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.