Best delivered-to-door 2.32J spring sniper for non poors?

Rogerborg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If someone wanted to purchase a bolt action airsoft gun that shoots at 2.32J ("500fps"), with the highest likelihood of being consistent at 60m with 0.45g BBs without needing anything else done to it, where would they be looking?

No HPA, no CO2, no propane.  Form factor and platform is flexible.  "Delivered to door" covers stock guns, and buying from a pre-upgrader who actually knows what they're doing and can actually deliver in the next 6 weeks.

Not "Buy this, if it's in stock, then install these parts if you can find them, then do that to it, then hope for the best".

If Mila Kunis said "Send me one box containing the best bolt action sniper at UK energy limits and maybe you're in with a chance, big spender", what would you waste your money on?

A custom made vsr with all the bells and whistles available.

There is not a single "standard" rifle that is perfect out of the box, not even the SRS/TAC41.

Vsr because you can't beat the ergonomics + low weight.

And because if you break something you don't have to buy dedicated parts.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

This sounds like "I want an ssg10 but I don't want to openly admit to it". 

You know, I hadn't even considered it because of reasons, but it does meet the requirements. 🤔

The heart says SRS, but it's hard to argue against the SSG10.

I guess if I cave on the "nothing needing doing" and allow throwing some parts it it, then the AAC T11 comes into play, with a 90 degree trigger as standard.

I feel like there's probably at least a few other criteria here (left/right handed shooter, ease of use, weight, etc.), but you can do all that with an SRS for £400 new plus the cost of a spring change. Which is all of 30 seconds work. Yes, the stock hop is fiddly to set, but if you get that done right you can run it forever without breaking sears, etc. Something that can't be said for the VSR. I suspect the TAC-41 is similar.

Ultimately you're still going to end up buying newer shinier parts in a futile quest for more accuracy/range/performance because who doesn't, but you don't *have* to.

No experience with buying pre-upgraded/SSG10, the (apparent) simplicity of bolt gun upgrades always leads me to do them myself. And that's never gone terribly wrong...

• Supporters

Not looking to derail the thread (or trigger peeps🤣), out of interest what's the AS02 "kneecapper" like out of the box ?. 

Asking for a friend who likes the look of them 😏

I don't know if they fixed it with the kneecapper, but the bigger AS02 will need the cylinder replacing with a one piece one as the pins on the stock one have a habit of coming out 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Tackle said:

what's the AS02 "kneecapper" like out of the box

This is also relevant to my interests, but I've seen the horror stories about the cylinder / cocking lever pins giving up the struggle on day one.  Yes, these are very expensive toys, but they shouldn't need rebuilding out of the box.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

these are very expensive toys, but they shouldn't need rebuilding out of the box.

That's always been my opinion, whether it's reducing fps to UK limits or fitting new parts (in place of existing brand new parts ffs) just to make a rif work properly, it's ridiculous what we put up with, I doubt there are many products in other fields that are clearly not fit for purpose but manufacturers & retailers get away with selling them ? 

On 26/03/2022 at 21:53, Rogerborg said:

This is also relevant to my interests, but I've seen the horror stories about the cylinder / cocking lever pins giving up the struggle on day one.  Yes, these are very expensive toys, but they shouldn't need rebuilding out of the box.

The as03 fixes that. But then it introduces another problem of porting the cylinder so that your output is thoroughly fixed at 1.5j ish. Can be fixed with tape but it's ugly. 

Even if you fix that, the bolt pull is still the most unwieldly thing ever.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

the bolt pull is still the most unwieldly thing ever

Rules that out, I already have a cheap and randomly uPgR4d3d Well MB-03 with a horrible bolt pull, and am looking for something as smooth as Mila Kunis' cheeks.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Rules that out, I already have a cheap and randomly uPgR4d3d Well MB-03 with a horrible bolt pull, and am looking for something as smooth as Mila Kunis' cheeks.

I've heard that the Silverback HTI has a really nice bolt pull due to the stupidly large cylinder volume. It's certainly one of those rifles that i'd really like to own one day and it seems to perform pretty well by all accounts.

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Look interest- "Weight: 6.100 Kg (with magazine)." 😲

Nah, I don't fancy mounting it on a gun carriage.

Yeah, It definitely is not at all light tbf and also not at all small either but then It is based upon a .50 cal.

Just another option really. sadly i like niche and awkward guns it turns out 😂

• Supporters

Something outside of the box? 

While not a perfect sniper out of the box, the KA SVD spring version is easily upgradeable via a super quick spring change & aeg compatible hop components, plus straight pull cocking. 🤔

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

While not a perfect sniper out of the box, the KA SVD spring version is easily upgradeable via a super quick spring change & aeg compatible hop components, plus straight pull cocking.

Specifically the Kings Arms?

I ask because there's also an AGM: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/agm-svd-m-bolt-action-sniper-rifle

And a KOER: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/koer-svd-bolt-action-sniper-rifle

The AGM admits to being a meaty old lad to straight pull, and I suspect the KOER will likely be much the same, "Easy straight pull design" claims to the contrary.

SVDs are an interesting option, but long + stronk is the opposite of what I'm looking for.  I'm circling around to SRS A2s which offer short and stout (cylinders) with a reportedly easier pull. Although it's hard to find arguments against the SSG10, apart from the marketing wankery.

• Supporters

I've got a ka, bought as a cosmetic project, while I've not skirmished it yet, all the reviews I checked all listed the points I mentioned as positives, & very different from the usual sniper platform internals that require a lot of fettling usually to get it right, & don't get me started on the so called vsr compatibility claims. 

Plus the KA can be had for as little as £150 from the likes of bbguns4less, & I know your legendary for watching the pennies 😜, the others you mentioned are considerably more expensive 🤔

33 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Specifically the Kings Arms?

I ask because there's also an AGM: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/agm-svd-m-bolt-action-sniper-rifle

And a KOER: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/koer-svd-bolt-action-sniper-rifle

The AGM admits to being a meaty old lad to straight pull, and I suspect the KOER will likely be much the same, "Easy straight pull design" claims to the contrary.

SVDs are an interesting option, but long + stronk is the opposite of what I'm looking for.  I'm circling around to SRS A2s which offer short and stout (cylinders) with a reportedly easier pull. Although it's hard to find arguments against the SSG10, apart from the marketing wankery.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

the others you mentioned are considerably more expensive

Under £100! Which is pretty surprising for springy things that claim to be bang on 500-ish fps / 2.3J.

Magazine availability looks quite patchy though.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

know your legendary for watching the pennies

My pennies, yes, but in this case someone is looking to buy it for me as a *cough*tieth birthday present, so I might break my £140 record.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Under £100! Which is pretty surprising for springy things that claim to be bang on 500-ish fps / 2.3J.

Magazine availability looks quite patchy though.

My pennies, yes, but in this case someone is looking to buy it for me as a *cough*tieth birthday present, so I might break my £140 record.

Yeah the others are KA knockoffs & are cheaper, but not so much that they're worth taking a risk on.

I meant the srs & ssg stuff are lots more pennies. 

Alternatively, did I see a cyma SVD springer ?, that I'd consider 🤔 

EDIT Cyma is an aeg, but A&k do a springer also, unsure how workable the internals are ? (someone will know😏

Does anyone know if the Double Eagle M66 Pro 700 any good out of the box? I haven't been able to find much forum chatter about these. Saying that I imagine it'll be a tough job finding a better shooter than an SRS. 

29 minutes ago, Daveoc33 said:

Does anyone know if the Double Eagle M66 Pro 700 any good out of the box? I haven't been able to find much forum chatter about these. Saying that I imagine it'll be a tough job finding a better shooter than an SRS. 

No. There's a review out there with pictures in french where the internals are not m24 compatible as they said. It's a 45 degree proprietary firing system. 

It looks cool af and I still want one. But for practicality, best avoid unless you can make custom parts yourself. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.