1989 Tokyo Marui catalogue

heroshark

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• heroshark changed the title to 1989 Tokyo Marui catalogue
  • Supporters

Won’t lie I think I did a man wee over it 🥴

32 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Won’t lie I think I did a man wee over it 🥴

So we could have looked at another 20 pages, but they're all stuck together now?

Bad form, old chap

1 hour ago, mirinjawbro said:

don't think ive ever seen the springer UZI anywhere

Still in production till the early 2000s. I have one it's a pretty good shooter.

29 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

So we could have looked at another 20 pages, but they're all stuck together now?

Bad form, old chap

IMG_20210524_162521_433.thumb.jpg.8985c84039d45ee90b4527860fe69b02.jpg

I must admit Im Showing my age, but I had a few of those from the catalogue. My springer xm177 used to have a lever that pulled down from underneath the handguard so you could cock the weapon. 

Not from that book, but the one I did miss was my centre meter master nbb pistol. 

13 hours ago, BigStew said:

Some of those RC were released as Tamiya. I wonder who OEM'd for whom? but sooo 80s why oh why can't they produce GBBs of some of those?

The S&W m59 and the standard browning hp where. Not quite up to today's standards though ☺️.

https://youtu.be/cI2Qsm0oayE

Love the very early MP5 with the slimline handguard:).

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the 90s I bought a TM MP5, through my Japanese wife's friend. It was a simple springer.

I wasn't into Airsoft, didn't know it was a thing. I just liked guns in video games and thought it would be a fun thing to have. It was.

It got left in a cellar during a house move.

Probably worth quite a bit now 😕

• Supporters

Huh, tracers in 1989, I had no idea. Any idea how they worked then?  I'm guessing always-on UV rather than the modern solution of sensors, capacitors and UV LEDs, but... TM magic.

On 28/01/2022 at 18:44, BigStew said:

Some of those RC were released as Tamiya. I wonder who OEM'd for whom? but sooo 80s why oh why can't they produce GBBs of some of those?

Based on this they were rivals

https://radiocontrol.fandom.com/wiki/Tokyo_Marui

But that doesn’t mean that there wasn’t cross collaboration, identical supplier factories, blatent copying or takeover of elements 

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

Back in the 90s I bought a TM MP5, through my Japanese wife's friend. It was a simple springer.

I wasn't into Airsoft, didn't know it was a thing. I just liked guns in video games and thought it would be a fun thing to have. It was.

It got left in a cellar during a house move.

Probably worth quite a bit now 😕

Even further back in the early 80s I was building the original Airsoft model kits

Some of them still exist in the attic at varying states after hard use

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Huh, tracers in 1989, I had no idea. Any idea how they worked then?  I'm guessing always-on UV rather than the modern solution of sensors, capacitors and UV LEDs, but... TM magic.

They made a later version of the Scorpion with an internal tracer. A lot of the spring long guns had battery compartments but they never bothered doing them afaik , they just added weights in them. 

56 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Even further back in the early 80s I was building the original Airsoft model kits

The LS model kits . 

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Aw man, dig em out and show us, please? 😃

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.