Acceptable rates of fire

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Would that be a certain Thompson owner? 😉

This. Anyone who played at Electowerkz would understand 

LOL, my first ever game was at Electrowerkz, you'd think after that I'd have had the sense to walk away & find a hobby less painful hobby......... 

21 years later I'm still here 🥴

After Electrowerkz went did you try Janno's Lewisham site, equally small & exceptionally painful, took a burst up the inner thigh & across the nuts point blank there, had to take a moment to compose myself lol😭🤮

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Have to sort of agree and disagree on this , do agree the stupid ‘flappy’ hair triggers can be a pain in the butt at semi only games but I equally find that you have a similar problem when you have sites saying “short bursts” only . Example few yrs ago went to strike force CQB in Gloucester , first visit the rule was semi only and I thoroughly enjoyed it , yes you did have a few of the hair trigger brigade sticking 3,4 or even 5 shots in to you in the time you got 1 or possibly 2 shots off , but not a problem , BUT next time I went a couple of mths later rules had changed , apparently some of the players with bog standard AEG’s where complaining the HPA and high cycle boys had an unfair advantage(Don’t see this but who am I to say ?) SO they then allowing ‘short’ bursts to ‘even’ the gameplay ?????😳

which ment yes if you had a ‘normal’ AEG you’d get 3,4,5 shots off but the others where now getting 10,11,12 shots off in the same space of time ! now I don’t care how big and ‘ard’ you think you are or how much you crow on about “if you can’t take getting hit don’t play !” a 10+rd burst in CQB F…ing hurts and will piss you off if it happens continuously through out the day . 

Funnily enough, strikeforce is one of the sites I frequent more often, though not exactly local to me. I remember the 'burst' rule being implemented. Personally, I've had no negative experiences directly related to this, and the only time that I can recall any issues is when a marshal/player threw his toys out of the pram because someone burst fired him in the neck. Even had a rant about it to everyone at lunch. I was more amused by this than pissed off.

Rather looking forward to going on Sunday. Maybe I'll get hosed in the face and will come back here with a completely different opinion.

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Would that be a certain Thompson owner? 😉

No, that wasn't one of Toby's legendary builds. I remember he had to drop the ROF on the Thompson as the mags couldn't feed fast enough to keep up.

He was a genius with a gearbox, and managed builds with just high speed gears and motors that would take a Mosfet or HPA these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Maybe wee bit over ?, what's the rps, do you know ? 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Maybe wee bit over ?, what's the rps, do you know ? 

28 😎

I'll be soft-locking it to semi with the mosfet though probably, the trigger response is great

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

On 07/01/2022 at 18:20, Tackle said:

LOL, my first ever game was at Electrowerkz, you'd think after that I'd have had the sense to walk away & find a hobby less painful hobby......... 

After Electrowerkz went did you try Janno's Lewisham site, equally small & exceptionally painful, took a burst up the inner thigh & across the nuts point blank there, had to take a moment to compose myself lol😭🤮

Weirdly enough I was thinking about airsoft at Electrowerkz just this morning!

...though I only ever went there on a Friday or Saturday night, rather than for pew pews.

• 4 weeks later...

Immersion.

That was a big pitch as to why we were allowed to keep realistic looking guns and not all go two tone only.

So using a technologies that start to erode that principle may be problem if we go through a similar process in the future.

Personal preference is not to exceed 15-20 RPS for basic “infantry” type stuff, perhaps more for squad automatic/support.

But it’s not necessary, I’ve pinned down plenty of players with  M60/M249/RPK/LSW’s running at stock performance.

I seem too recall three support gunners holding hamburger hill at Combat South against all the other players…

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

That was a big pitch as to why we were allowed to keep realistic looking guns and not all go two tone only.

So using a technologies that start to erode that principle may be problem if we go through a similar process in the future.

Agreed, I get twitchy when I see some stable genius posting the latest video of their brrrrt-cannon shredding cans and metal plate.

The 1.3J auto limit in particular is likely based on an assumption of short AEG bursts at about 15rps.  A steady stream at 50rps from an HPA proton pack is a rather different proposition.  This isn't something that we want revisited.

On 07/01/2022 at 18:20, Tackle said:

A bit of a late reply but meh. 

No, I stopped playing there before it closed as a new job made getting there on time difficult. When I eventually did get back his attitude made me question whether I wanted to go back, considering other sites were now easier to get to and far better value for money 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.