TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

22 minutes ago, MikeMarden said:

May I ask which Claw Mount you're using please?

I use a Marui scope mount for the NGRS mp5

27 minutes ago, PigDoggy said:

I use a Marui scope mount for the NGRS mp5

Thanks, any links?

Hi folks,

Working on a Tokyo Marui MP5SD6 NGRS for a friend. Unfortunately, after trying a new battery in his replica, the mini tamiya shorted / melted on the positive pole of the connector. After changing out the tamiya connector with a deans, the etu is giving me a double red flash. I am trying to diagnose what on earth he has done here but quite honestly my biggest struggle right now is removing the damned fire selector.

Looking at some videos, it seems to need to be in the fourth position pointed towards the rear of the gun, then whilst depressing the trigger it should be able to pull out.

I cannot for the life of me get this thing to budge, there is some separation from the lower but no amount of prying seems to want to get this thing to move.

Is there a knack that I am missing here?

with the white marker on the fire selector facing the pistol grip, pry up the selector while pulling the trigger.

The 2 red flashes means the ECU is dead. A diode sits across the + and - inputs from the battery and if reverse wired blows. Problem with the original A5 board was it took too long to blow and caused all sorts of IC's to blow. The SD has a newer ECU design and might be salvageable as I've not played with one yet. The diode is replaceable but it's really a question on what else has blown.

Spare ECU's aren't available from TM as they class it as a factory item, meaning the AEG needs to go back to the factory for repair (I got WGC to ask them about spare ECU's). Occasionally Impulse101 sell complete lowers and this is probably the only way to get it working again if the ECU is totally goosed.

I've got an original ECU here which I'm trying to reverse engineer to see how much it would cost to get made.  

26 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

with the white marker on the fire selector facing the pistol grip, pry up the selector while pulling the trigger.

The 2 red flashes means the ECU is dead. A diode sits across the + and - inputs from the battery and if reverse wired blows. Problem with the original A5 board was it took too long to blow and caused all sorts of IC's to blow. The SD has a newer ECU design and might be salvageable as I've not played with one yet. The diode is replaceable but it's really a question on what else has blown.

Spare ECU's aren't available from TM as they class it as a factory item, meaning the AEG needs to go back to the factory for repair (I got WGC to ask them about spare ECU's). Occasionally Impulse101 sell complete lowers and this is probably the only way to get it working again if the ECU is totally goosed.

I've got an original ECU here which I'm trying to reverse engineer to see how much it would cost to get made.  

Thanks very much for the quick response - I am not even sure how he managed to reverse polarity with the mini tamiya connector. Must have tried very hard to get those connected!

Do Marui offer any sort of factory repair service for these occasions?

I will need to see what he wants to do with it considering it has never been fielded and literally in his possession for only a few days before it went kaput!

Yeah. I’d find out what he wants to do before tearing into it specially if he’s doing some sort of warranty claim on it. 

12 hours ago, Connorthescot said:

Thanks very much for the quick response - I am not even sure how he managed to reverse polarity with the mini tamiya connector. Must have tried very hard to get those connected!

Do Marui offer any sort of factory repair service for these occasions?

Possibly used a "non airsoft" mini tamiya battery with the traditional positive/negative wiring (why the frick airsoft has reverse polarity mini tamiya is beyond me)

He would need to go to the shop he bought it off, they would need to go to the distributor who will need to go back to TM, once its been inspected, at his cost. Possibly the distributor will keep it as a spare part gun for anything else that goes funky on another gun out the box but its down to them. Based on your description, unless he bought the battery with the gun, it is unlikely to be a warranty claim. I say this as my mp5 cooked itself out the box, but i bought 2 batteries with the gun and used those one specifically with the gun to inspect it, so it could be a friday afternoon lemon. Had to fight with the retailer for about a week to get a replacement.

Could he buy a second hand one to use or salvage, and keep the broken one until an aftermarket fet is available or a work around is created.

Edited by rj1986

10 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

And also, 4 of the new solid stock MP5s...

If only I’d waited 😂 did realise they were getting them in. At least they’ve got a load of magazines and don’t seem to have jacked up the price. 

4 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

If only I’d waited 😂 did realise they were getting them in. At least they’ve got a load of magazines and don’t seem to have jacked up the price. 

same would have saved £30 odd getting everything from firesupport.

Yeah, I fancy a solid stock version, but it doesn't seem sensible dropping £500 on an almost identical gun to the one I already have just for that. Probably better to await the inevitable solid stock MP5SD and pick one of those up so I can swap front ends over.

Mag prices have actually come down from last week. I know this because I bought mags at Eagle 6 on the basis they were cheaper at £37 than the out of stock FS ones (which were down as £42!). Gaaah. Oh well, so it goes.

• Supporters

It's always possible I'm missing something but I wouldn't say an SD with fixed stock is inevitable.  Certainly possible, but it's not like they remix every possible parts combo and sell it in a box, that'd be untold 1000s of gun SKUs.  If there is another factory rear wired option released I'd guess at maybe an AKX style monster with M-LOK up front (emphasis on the maybe).  I don't know if there's some weird MP5-a-like in a Resident Evil game but..

Hopefully the hole for the retention button is bigger on those. 

5 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Just an FYI for those looking to jazz up their SD:

71724589-2361-4754-BE1E-822A4B4F35C2.jpeg.08b6336c8c8de4d9b7d7b79fe694fee5.jpeg

Wiitech. Sold out everywhere but apparently is spot on.

Before I utterly f*ck the ECU in my MP5, does this layout for the connectors look correct? Singled out pin on the MR30 for positive to the vertical pin on the deans? I'm like 99.9% sure but want to check 😅

IMG_2369.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Before I utterly f*ck the ECU in my MP5, does this layout for the connectors look correct? Singled out pin on the MR30 for positive to the vertical pin on the deans? I'm like 99.9% sure but want to check 😅

IMG_2369.jpeg

Following with interest.

Never soldering anything again. Made the connector, connected a battery, got a single shot off before nothing and the red LED. 

Switched batteries, emptied the rest of the magazine (3 round burst is my new favourite thing), then as I've disconnected it the MR30 has come off my connector and got itself stuck inside the one on the MP5. Dug it out with a pair of pliers, ordered one off Eagle 6. Link below.

Also burnt myself with the soldering iron and dropped a scalpel onto my leg 🙄

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/7874/s/eaglesix-female-mr30-to-male-deans-adaptor-8cm/

54 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Roll up,roll up.

£2 a ticket.

See the amazing Mr fixo and his fearless soldering iron and scalpel juggling act.

Don't miss it!!  😉😂

I should add though, it did actually work for a short period and only failed due to my shoddy soldering. 

Not sure if I quite trust myself to put an MR30 onto a battery yet following this disastrous attempt 😂

12 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I should add though, it did actually work for a short period and only failed due to my shoddy soldering. 

Not sure if I quite trust myself to put an MR30 onto a battery yet following this disastrous attempt 😂

You can only get better 👍

My first attempt at soldering a deans connector onto a lipo saw me attaching the male half of the connector to the battery.

I only realised as I took it out of the helping hands jig. Sparks and smoke prevailed. Oh how we laughed!☹️

2 hours ago, Jacob Wright said:

Never soldering anything again. Made the connector, connected a battery, got a single shot off before nothing and the red LED. 

Switched batteries, emptied the rest of the magazine (3 round burst is my new favourite thing), then as I've disconnected it the MR30 has come off my connector and got itself stuck inside the one on the MP5. Dug it out with a pair of pliers, ordered one off Eagle 6. Link below.

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/7874/s/eaglesix-female-mr30-to-male-deans-adaptor-8cm/

I just soldered deans plugs off of the marui adapter to tamiya. Black/Box....Round/Red and Red is Positive. That's how I remember which one is which.

That said, having the proper soldering iron/solder makes a huge difference. 

7.4v 1300mah 20c lipo and I've never had issues with all the TM MP5 NGRS' that I had ran with.

IIRC, the marui lipo battery is 7.4v 1500mah 35C....

Even with an FPS upgrade to +10-15%, one battery lasts me all day.