TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

54 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

lucky you. my impulse MP5SD6 has been stuck in customs since the 3rd Jan!

bugger ! this was way quicker than I expected , ordered on 26th and here we are . 
im hearing that most U.K. retailers should start seeing the rifles landing by the end of this week so fingers crossed yours will land too . I was set to buy another complete rifle myself but seeing this made much more sense**** for me as a just a tinkerer & plinker . 

as you’d expect , it fits together perfectly :)

091550DE-CE9F-49C0-A0A7-31F87AEDA3F0.thumb.jpeg.7361b4120f562795aaef036f46d9bee7.jpeg

1FCF8444-2DFD-4C11-A11C-0E01641F9BE8.thumb.jpeg.17062a95b01b1ca6f9be7c93cb163298.jpeg

8B2DA713-0ADB-4B83-8BBC-0A9984E70047.thumb.jpeg.65696329b79d355cf3d67ad7c7211bc6.jpeg

87FE4839-1A3F-4D11-A407-158AC73A4425.thumb.jpeg.bf3af91d74ab5b04eeecfb2f159ff49b.jpeg

B1B76DF2-0C11-42AD-A04E-E3B6490217A2.thumb.jpeg.2222e7a64f7f7f8c8ef6d98c194a3222.jpeg

*** although the money saved has me looking at a WE Apache SD6 for the warmer  weather 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edit - Got 4 coming next week 😬

Just deciding what route to go looks wise, either a B&T Tri-Rail on the suppressor with some gizmos or somthing a bit more modern / unique.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

4 hours ago, cart3rlfc said:

What makes you think this?

Also is there any common problems with the mp5 platform that we know about?

There's a Japanese video floating around youtube showing the new IC

7 hours ago, cart3rlfc said:

Just seen that, normal A5 one seems to be 'version 2.0 and new one is version 2.0AT'

Just bought a mp5a5 so abit gutted about that 😅😂

I have been running my mp5a5 with a sub 350 fps (for zero engagement) without issues with the switch assembly. 

I had been using a 7.4v 1200man 20c lipo. 

That said, the local shop ended up with an mp5 sd6 yesterday which was unexpected according to the manager…I was asking about it as  Marui H&K things aren’t common here due to licensing/ contracts with umarex (h&k officially license stuff). I would imagine that their distributor wouldn’t be too happy about the shop carrying non-licensed stuff. 

I ordered one from redwolf a couple of days ago so I’m waiting for that as well.

Anyhow…picked up the one at the shop with full trademarks and no orange paint to deal with. 

0C149326-D0E8-4BD7-B373-32BB7C513953.jpeg

Just FYI fellow SD owners, the bow master B&T Tri rail doesn’t fit without a bit of tape or velcro to make up the extra space.

Looks cool…though I just realised it’s on backward 😂

307303EC-DF1B-4D2C-8C27-D9C8D90E233A.thumb.jpeg.d57e0bbd01c6612342e33098a224581d.jpeg

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

On 15/02/2023 at 08:54, Wavey_Gravey said:

Just FYI fellow SD owners, the bow master B&T Tri rail doesn’t fit without a bit of tape or velcro to make up the extra space.

Looks cool…though I just realised it’s on backward 😂

307303EC-DF1B-4D2C-8C27-D9C8D90E233A.thumb.jpeg.d57e0bbd01c6612342e33098a224581d.jpeg

Good to know. I was looking into those but thought that if you need to change the battery, the suppressor will have to come off. Technically you do have to unscrew it off to get access to the lever that releases the handguard anyway. I’m just concerned about the super fine threads on both the base and the threaded part of the suppressor. I’d think that over time it may wear down some.

Currently, I am using a roll pin punch to push down on the button that latches onto the handguard to pop the handguard on and off the SD6. I’m exploring other options with regard to a torch /laser mount.

It’s a faff but you could loosen off those 2 allen heads and slide the ring off each time you change battery in theory.

The other options I’ve thought about are MLOK to rail which is fitted in that photo, giving the ability to mount a light up front and a laser to the rear.

Old school ring mount that will let you add a light to the suppressor, front sight post picatinny mount would also work.

You can now get an optics mount for DBAL’s so you could potentially kill 2 birds with 1 mount.

Quick question on the MP5 NGRS usability during winter - I heard the mosfet will stop the gun from working when the battery is cold. Is this still applicable to the recent batches? Anybody have experience with skirmishing in the cold with these?

I'm coming from GBBRs and would love to pick one of these up as a backup for when they just get too temperamental in the weather. Unfortunately if the MP5 NGRS refuses to work in the cold, that kind of defeats the purpose.

43 minutes ago, JUSTICE_RAINS said:

Quick question on the MP5 NGRS usability during winter - I heard the mosfet will stop the gun from working when the battery is cold. Is this still applicable to the recent batches? Anybody have experience with skirmishing in the cold with these?

I'm coming from GBBRs and would love to pick one of these up as a backup for when they just get too temperamental in the weather. Unfortunately if the MP5 NGRS refuses to work in the cold, that kind of defeats the purpose.

According to YT reviews bucking is the main problem in cold temperature which can cause feeding issues. Second batch supposed to sort out this problem.

Gun can be picky regarding batteries. It's strange...

Edited by Krisz

I gamed the SD in the cold’ish weather the other week, no issues with the rubber or battery so from my perspective it looks like the problems been rectified in the new version.

It wasn’t freezing though and I am just one dude, so others may say different.

you know what the MP5 needs? a grenade launcher.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4aa0e75e6b936aac2a19c831020622a.jpeg

Initial 3D printed non firing replica. I'll be working on the internals to make it fire 40mm's now that I have the external shape. If anyone is interested it's based on the Istec ISL launcher for the MP5/HK543